Senior Performance Test Engineer
Location: Mexico City, CDMX, Mexico
Requisition Number: 212645
Senior Performance Test Engineer
Teradata is seeking a highly skilled performance test engineer with a strong background in database concepts and cloud platform architecture with a proven track record for delivering complex and comprehensive performance analysis deliverables, associated with the complete software development life cycle for products, systems and solutions. Deliverables encompass performance benchmark development pushing performance test assets to CI/CD pipeline, test plans and specifications, test execution, problem isolation and defect reporting. This position requires significant interaction with data scientists, product management, product engineers, test engineers and test engineering management.
The successful candidate is required to apply expert knowledge in cloud architecture and system fundamentals, as well as test methodologies to develop and execute highly complex system level benchmarks which stress the performance of various facets of the Teradata system and warehouse product suite. The candidate will continually seek innovative solutions for coverage, effectiveness and efficiency improvements. The Performance Test team is chartered with providing performance characterization and certification of the warehouse foundation, including platforms, Teradata Database and Teradata Tools and Utilities. The candidate is also required to examine ever increasing customer applications of the integrated Teradata Vantage Platform for Advanced SQL Engine and develop benchmarks to be added to the group’s performance test asset base.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
- Develop and perform performance benchmark testing in support of Teradata development Life Cycle
- Contribute to system test specifications and plans
- Perform problem detection, isolation and reporting activities
- Provide accurate and timely reporting of project status to senior management
- Interface and interact with cross-functional teams including data scientists, product management, test engineers, hardware and software engineers and engineering management
- Contribute to new automation and test tool requirements
Skills & Attributes:
- Solid understanding of Operating System fundamentals
- Experience in performance analysis, benchmarking.
- Strong understanding on database concepts.
- Hands-on experience with AWS/Azure/GC.
- Teradata Database knowledge is preferred.
- Ability to find root causes of performance bottlenecks.
- Knowledge of Jenkins, python/java and SQL.
- Proven ability to leverage industry standard test methodologies.
- Effective written and oral communication skills with strong ability to communicate complex technical information effectively.
- Results oriented with demonstrated ability to manage multiple competing priorities
- Bachelor’s degree with 4 years of related work experience in computer science or related discipline or
- Master’s degree with 2 years of related work experience in computer science or related discipline or
- PhD with internships and/or 0 years.
City: Mexico City
Community / Marketing Title: Senior Performance Test Engineer
Job Category: Engineering
Teradata is the connected multi-cloud data platform for enterprise analytics company. Our enterprise analytics solve business challenges from start to scale. Only Teradata gives you the flexibility to handle the massive and mixed data workloads of the future, today.
The Teradata Vantage architecture is cloud native, delivered as-a-service, and built on an open ecosystem. These design features make Vantage the ideal platform to optimize price performance in a multi-cloud environment.
LinkedIn Remote: #LI-Remote
Location_formattedLocationLong: Mexico City, Mexico MX