Senior Performance Test Engineer
Location: Mexico City, Mexico MX
Requisition Number: 212644
Senior Performance Test Engineer
Teradata is seeking a highly skilled performance test engineer with a strong background in database concepts and cloud platform architecture with a proven track record for delivering complex and comprehensive performance analysis deliverables, associated with the complete software development life cycle for products, systems and solutions. Deliverables encompass performance benchmark development pushing performance test assets to CI/CD pipeline, test plans and specifications, test execution, problem isolation and defect reporting. This position requires significant interaction with data scientists, product management, product engineers, test engineers and test engineering management.
The successful candidate is required to apply expert knowledge in cloud architecture and system fundamentals, as well as test methodologies to develop and execute highly complex system level benchmarks which stress the performance of various facets of the Teradata system and warehouse product suite. The candidate will continually seek innovative solutions for coverage, effectiveness and efficiency improvements. The Performance Test team is chartered with providing performance characterization and certification of the warehouse foundation, including platforms, Teradata Database and Teradata Tools and Utilities. The candidate is also required to examine ever increasing customer applications of the integrated Teradata Vantage Platform for Advanced SQL Engine and develop benchmarks to be added to the group’s performance test asset base.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
- Develop and perform performance benchmark testing in support of Teradata development Life Cycle
- Contribute to system test specifications and plans
- Perform problem detection, isolation and reporting activities
- Provide accurate and timely reporting of project status to senior management
- Interface and interact with cross-functional teams including data scientists, product management, test engineers, hardware and software engineers and engineering management
- Contribute to new automation and test tool requirements
Skills & Attributes:
- Solid understanding of Operating System fundamentals
- Experience in performance analysis, benchmarking.
- Strong understanding on database concepts.
- Hands-on experience with AWS/Azure/GC.
- Teradata Database knowledge is preferred.
- Ability to find root causes of performance bottlenecks.
- Knowledge of Jenkins, python/java and SQL.
- Proven ability to leverage industry standard test methodologies.
- Effective written and oral communication skills with strong ability to communicate complex technical information effectively.
- Results oriented with demonstrated ability to manage multiple competing priorities
- Bachelor’s degree with 4 years of related work experience in computer science or related discipline or
- Master’s degree with 2 years of related work experience in computer science or related discipline or
- PhD with internships and/or 0 years.
City: Mexico City
Community / Marketing Title: Senior Performance Test Engineer
Job Category: Engineering
Teradata (NYSE: TDC) is the leading multi-cloud data platform company for enterprise analytics, transforming how businesses work and people live through the power of data.
At Teradata, we are leading the data era. As enterprises address today’s digital economy, they are faced with new competition and consumer expectations and are turning to data to power their future. Teradata has worked with the largest companies in the world for 40+ years, bringing our experience and expertise to support global enterprises with their most demanding, mission-critical, complex, and large-scale data needs. Teradata is recognized as a leader in the cloud, data, and analytics spaces by top analyst firms, Gartner and Forrester, and Fortune Magazine as well.
Our connected multi-cloud data platform for enterprise analytics, Teradata Vantage™, is an extremely scalable, secure, and resilient offering that simplifies ecosystems by connecting data and making it easier to uncover insights from across the organization…regardless of where that data resides. With Vantage, we enable companies to modernize their data management, from start to scale. Every day, millions of users benefit from our open data platform. Empowering customers and partners to develop and build how they like, we enable hundreds of business outcomes and solutions, including improving customer experience and profitability, driving operational efficiency, realizing financial transformation, or achieving operational efficiency.
As the world of data grows, we are the leader in enabling the future of connected businesses, powered by data intelligence. We are committed to delivering on this vision by following sustainable business practices and with a strong focus on diversity, equity, and inclusion. We believe that only by embracing diversity of identity, thought, background, expression, and perspective can we solve today’s challenges and reimagine tomorrow’s world.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Mexico City, Mexico MX