Location: San Diego, California US
Requisition Number: 212639
Teradata Global Support Operations is expanding and building capabilities to further drive our company and function’s transformation. In System Change Management team, our vision is to enable customers to achieve continuous delivery of Teradata software updates with minimal downtime, maximum reliability, and high predictability. Specifically, we develop change management automation to:
- Automate the planning of complex multi-component upgrades
- Reduce customer effort in preparing for a system change event
- Automate the preparation, delivery, and validation of a system change event
- Increase overall customer satisfaction and confidence in adopting new Teradata features and services.
We are seeking a high performing software engineer to accelerate and bolster our team’s capability. The primary responsibility of this candidate will be to contribute to design and development of software that enhances system change experience for customers. This candidate will participate in technical discussions, scrum team routines, and special projects. They will implement features and capabilities to expand our code base to further automated our upgrade procedures. The candidate must thrive on automation, be a self-starter, and drive new ways of solving problems.
Key Responsibilities / Profile Summary:
- Interpret internal and/or external business issues and requirements, and recommend best design
- Participate in scrum teams to achieve key business objectives
- Follow TDD practices; write effective tests and associated code that meets or exceeds product requirements
- Participate in code reviews; adapt Agile (scrum) and Lean-Agile practices
- Collaborate with onshore and offshore teams to coordinate design, coding and code review activities
- Troubleshoot, diagnose, and lead resolution of software defects
- Effectively communicate to relevant stakeholders in both, written and verbal forms
- Other responsibilities as assigned
Critical Skills and Qualifications:
- 3+ years of hands-on experience in software development (ideally in Python with automated testing using PyTest)
- Experience in distributed system design, data structures, and object-oriented programming
- Work independently on individual assignments; collaborate with the team on design reviews, code reviews and user experience related items
- Knowledge of Agile (Scrum) practices
- Expertise in building/interacting with RESTful services
- Strong expertise with RDBMS (PostgreSQL, SQLite, etc,) and SQL
- Comfortable and flexible in working with globally distributed teams
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Passion for Test Driven Development (TDD) practices and modern software development best practices
- Dev Environment and configuration management tools: Ansible, Vagrant, Puppet, Chef
- Source code control systems: Git
- Build Agents: Jenkins (preferred), TeamCity
- Containerization: Docker, Kubernetes
- BA/BS in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or related field from an accredited 4-year college/university or equivalent experience.
CountryEEOText_Description: Teradata invites all identities and backgrounds in the workplace. We work with deliberation and intent to ensure we are cultivating collaboration and inclusivity across our global organization. We are proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, ancestry, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions), national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, military and veteran status, or any other legally protected status. Consistent with Colorado law, Colorado applicants can email the Ask.HR@teradata.com inbox to receive the compensation range information for this role. Please provide proof of Colorado residency in your request.
City: San Diego
Community / Marketing Title: Software Engineer
Job Category: Engineering
Teradata (NYSE: TDC) is the leading multi-cloud data platform company for enterprise analytics, transforming how businesses work and people live through the power of data.
At Teradata, we are leading the data era. As enterprises address today’s digital economy, they are faced with new competition and consumer expectations and are turning to data to power their future. Teradata has worked with the largest companies in the world for 40+ years, bringing our experience and expertise to support global enterprises with their most demanding, mission-critical, complex, and large-scale data needs. Teradata is recognized as a leader in the cloud, data, and analytics spaces by top analyst firms, Gartner and Forrester, and Fortune Magazine as well.
Our connected multi-cloud data platform for enterprise analytics, Teradata Vantage™, is an extremely scalable, secure, and resilient offering that simplifies ecosystems by connecting data and making it easier to uncover insights from across the organization…regardless of where that data resides. With Vantage, we enable companies to modernize their data management, from start to scale. Every day, millions of users benefit from our open data platform. Empowering customers and partners to develop and build how they like, we enable hundreds of business outcomes and solutions, including improving customer experience and profitability, driving operational efficiency, realizing financial transformation, or achieving operational efficiency.
As the world of data grows, we are the leader in enabling the future of connected businesses, powered by data intelligence. We are committed to delivering on this vision by following sustainable business practices and with a strong focus on diversity, equity, and inclusion. We believe that only by embracing diversity of identity, thought, background, expression, and perspective can we solve today’s challenges and reimagine tomorrow’s world.
Location_formattedLocationLong: San Diego, California US