Cloud Software Engineer
Location: Mexico City, Mexico City, Mexico
Requisition Number: 212630
Cloud Software Engineer
Are you passionate about building highly scalable, fault tolerant, elastic, and secure services in public cloud environments like Google Cloud, AWS and Azure?
Teradata (NYSE: TDC), the world's leading data analytics company is looking for software engineers who are passionate about building cloud services to join our Teradata Vantage Cloud Platform team. This is a unique opportunity to join our team in a period of fast growth and expansion. If you are interested in working in a startup like environment where you can directly influence the future of cloud-based analytics solutions and services, then the Teradata Cloud is the place for you. You will join a team of engineers to build cloud services that bring Teradata’s analytics capabilities to the public cloud platforms. This position is part of the Cloud Platform Engineering Team focused on Multi-cloud infrastructure services.
Your job responsibilities will include:
- Design and Implement Cloud services that manage the Infrastructure and control plane on the public cloud platforms.
- Implement automations to provision, configure, manage and monitor Teradata Cloud services, sites and offerings.
- Develop threat models to ensure the Cloud platform services are secure and meets our compliance standards.
- Develop test cases and integrate them to CICD / DevOPS pipelines
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or related field or equivalent experience
- At least 2 to 3 years of hands-on software development experience.
- complex software systems on Google Cloud, AWS or Azure.
- Experience with dev-ops software development methods.
- Strong computer science fundamentals in data structures, algorithm design, and complexity analysis
- Demonstrated proficiency with at least one modern general-purpose programming languages like Java, C++, Go, Python, etc.
- Experience in full stack development.
- Experience mentoring junior software engineers.
- Experience influencing software engineering best practices within your team.
- Familiarity with dev-ops software development methods.
- Demonstrable scripting experience with a variety of scripting languages for automating tasks, generating reports, and creating tools (e.g. Go, Python, Shell)
- Proven experience with AWS and cloud infrastructure.
- Created architecture for a service running in AWS that serves businesses or the public at scale.
- AWS hands-on experience with network administration: VPCs, ACLs, subnets, peering, DNS knowledge etc.
- AWS infrastructure as code experience with CloudFormation or Terraform
- Experience with RESTful services, and familiarity with Teradata (or other TDMS) NoSQL/SQL database concepts
- Experience with Docker container related technologies like Kubernetes, Mesos, etc.
- Experience with supporting mission critical, 24x7 systems.
City: Mexico City
Community / Marketing Title: Cloud Software Engineer
Job Category: Engineering
Teradata is the connected multi-cloud data platform for enterprise analytics company. Our enterprise analytics solve business challenges from start to scale. Only Teradata gives you the flexibility to handle the massive and mixed data workloads of the future, today.
The Teradata Vantage architecture is cloud native, delivered as-a-service, and built on an open ecosystem. These design features make Vantage the ideal platform to optimize price performance in a multi-cloud environment.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Mexico City, Mexico MX