Senior Compensation Manager
Location: Boston, Massachusetts US
Requisition Number: 212619
Senior Compensation Manager
Teradata has an immediate career opportunity available for a Compensation Senior Manager. In this role, you will play a lead role on the Global Compensation Team as a strategic compensation partner and act as an advisor to HR Partners on all matters of compensation including broad-based, incentive compensation and equity. As a compensation partner, you will apply your business acumen and compensation expertise to engage with Human Resources and business leaders to develop compensation plans to attract, motivate, and retain employees while supporting our ongoing business transformation. The role will also manage a team of 1-2 Compensation Partners with potential for the team to grow.
This position is open to virtual candidates.
- Act as an advisor to assigned HR Partners and Engineering business group management, providing recommendations on compensation matters that support business goals and ensure global market competitiveness
- Lead the administration of global annual salary planning processes, inclusive of merit, bonus, and equity in Workday
- Manage and influence the development and execution of compensation initiatives including incentive plan design, salary structures, etc.
- Provide guidance on job evaluations, job leveling, and salary recommendations ensuring internal equity, and market & pay mix alignment of total compensation
- Provide ongoing analysis, research and modeling of market best practices and competitive compensation programs
- Ensure compensation plans comply with country, state and local laws and regulations
- Manage and coach team members on their performance, development, and engagement
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent is required
- A minimum of 12 years of progressive Human Resources and compensation experience is required
- Strong people management skills with a proven track record of attracting, developing, and retaining a highly talented team is required
- Proven project lead experience, including needs identification and assessment, gap and modeling analysis and solution design and implementation is required
- Exceptional attention to detail and data accuracy is required
- Must be knowledgeable in multi-state wage and hour regulations, laws and programs
- Advanced skill level in Excel, including use of V-Lookups, pivot tables, and pivot charts is required
- Experience with global compensation experience is highly preferred
- Experience with Workday is highly preferred
- Certified Compensation Professional (CCP) certification is preferred
CountryEEOText_Description: Teradata invites all identities and backgrounds in the workplace. We work with deliberation and intent to ensure we are cultivating collaboration and inclusivity across our global organization. We are proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, ancestry, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions), national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, military and veteran status, or any other legally protected status. Consistent with Colorado law, Colorado applicants can email the Ask.HR@teradata.com inbox to receive the compensation range information for this role. Please provide proof of Colorado residency in your request.
Community / Marketing Title: Senior Compensation Manager
Job Category: Human Resources
Teradata (NYSE: TDC) is the leading multi-cloud data platform company for enterprise analytics, transforming how businesses work and people live through the power of data.
At Teradata, we are leading the data era. As enterprises address today’s digital economy, they are faced with new competition and consumer expectations and are turning to data to power their future. Teradata has worked with the largest companies in the world for 40+ years, bringing our experience and expertise to support global enterprises with their most demanding, mission-critical, complex, and large-scale data needs. Teradata is recognized as a leader in the cloud, data, and analytics spaces by top analyst firms, Gartner and Forrester, and Fortune Magazine as well.
Our connected multi-cloud data platform for enterprise analytics, Teradata Vantage™, is an extremely scalable, secure, and resilient offering that simplifies ecosystems by connecting data and making it easier to uncover insights from across the organization…regardless of where that data resides. With Vantage, we enable companies to modernize their data management, from start to scale. Every day, millions of users benefit from our open data platform. Empowering customers and partners to develop and build how they like, we enable hundreds of business outcomes and solutions, including improving customer experience and profitability, driving operational efficiency, realizing financial transformation, or achieving operational efficiency.
As the world of data grows, we are the leader in enabling the future of connected businesses, powered by data intelligence. We are committed to delivering on this vision by following sustainable business practices and with a strong focus on diversity, equity, and inclusion. We believe that only by embracing diversity of identity, thought, background, expression, and perspective can we solve today’s challenges and reimagine tomorrow’s world.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Boston, Massachusetts US