Staff Software Engineer - SQL Engine
Location: Mexico City, Mexico MX
Requisition Number: 212617
Staff Software Engineer- SQL Engine
Location: Mexico City
This position is for a Software Engineer in the SQL-Engine Services team within the Vantage Core - Platform Software organization. The SQLES Team is comprised of multiple scrum level teams working towards the same goal: to provide comprehensive, reliable, and scalable solutions for the Teradata SQL Engine (i.e. Teradata Database) for our supported public cloud platforms (AWS, Azure, Google Cloud). This includes:
- SQLE image creation and validation for our supported public cloud platforms.
- Common/public SQLE Microservice for provisioning and runtime operations related to SQLE.
- In-site SQLE services for cloud runtime operations (e.g. scaling, node failure recovery, configuration).
- On-node SQLE services and tools for cloud runtime operations.
We are looking for a candidate to join our fast paced and cutting-edge development organization that is on the forefront of our “Teradata Everywhere” strategy.
Teradata Labs, the technology research and development (R&D) organization within Teradata Corporation, has been turning innovative decision support technology into business results for over 30 years. Our R&D team of analytic architects, database developers and engineers work to understand and advance emerging technologies to invent the next wave of cutting-edge analytic data solutions.
This position is for a Staff Engineer role in the SQL-Engine Services team within the Vantage Core – Platform Software organization. The position involves leading the design of the SQLE Services architecture, collaborating with other architects and engineers concerning integration and overall architectural strategy, helping to define best practices, and mentoring engineers on the team
The ideal candidate is a highly motivated and creative software engineer who is ready to participate in an agile team environment and contribute to the success of Teradata. The successful candidate will possess a solid understanding of architectural principles relevant to SQLE Services (e.g. Teradata Vantage, networking, RESTful services, security, distributed computing, etc.). The candidate must have proven experience designing solutions for instance-based services and administering deployments on one or more of the AWS, Azure, and Google Cloud platforms. Familiarity with Teradata Vantage is also desirable, but not required. They must possess strong verbal and written communication skills, be self-driven, and deliver high quality results in a fast-paced environment. They need to enjoy working closely with their peers in a group of very talented engineers.
- Member of an agile development team responsible for Teradata SQL-Engine Services.
- Design the services and libraries that enable provisioning and runtime operations of the Teradata SQL-Engine on our supported public cloud platforms.
- Coordinate with other architects and engineers within Teradata to ensure integration requirements are met.
- Ensure quality and efficiency within their team by helping to guide engineering best practices and mentoring engineers on the team.
- Implement proof-of-concepts for new engineering efforts.
- Assist with debugging challenging problems
- Excellent troubleshooting, listening, and problem-solving skills
- Experience working in fast paced agile scrum development environment.
- Proven experience with designing services architectures on public and/or private cloud environments such as Amazon Web Services (AWS), Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud, VMWare ESXi, etc.
- Demonstrated expertise in Python.
- Proven experience in RESTful services development and design.
- Knowledge of security best practices for RESTful services.
- Knowledge of Linux system administration.
- Familiarity with C, bash, SQL.
- Experience with DevOps automation tools and libraries.
- Experience with Teradata Vantage a plus.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Minimum Education and Residency Requirements:
- Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related discipline with 12+ years of relevant experience.
- Master’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related discipline with 8+ years of relevant experience.
- PhD in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related discipline with 5+ years of relevant experience
City: Mexico City
Community / Marketing Title: Staff Software Engineer - SQL Engine
Job Category: Engineering
Teradata (NYSE: TDC) is the leading multi-cloud data platform company for enterprise analytics, transforming how businesses work and people live through the power of data.
At Teradata, we are leading the data era. As enterprises address today’s digital economy, they are faced with new competition and consumer expectations and are turning to data to power their future. Teradata has worked with the largest companies in the world for 40+ years, bringing our experience and expertise to support global enterprises with their most demanding, mission-critical, complex, and large-scale data needs. Teradata is recognized as a leader in the cloud, data, and analytics spaces by top analyst firms, Gartner and Forrester, and Fortune Magazine as well.
Our connected multi-cloud data platform for enterprise analytics, Teradata Vantage™, is an extremely scalable, secure, and resilient offering that simplifies ecosystems by connecting data and making it easier to uncover insights from across the organization…regardless of where that data resides. With Vantage, we enable companies to modernize their data management, from start to scale. Every day, millions of users benefit from our open data platform. Empowering customers and partners to develop and build how they like, we enable hundreds of business outcomes and solutions, including improving customer experience and profitability, driving operational efficiency, realizing financial transformation, or achieving operational efficiency.
As the world of data grows, we are the leader in enabling the future of connected businesses, powered by data intelligence. We are committed to delivering on this vision by following sustainable business practices and with a strong focus on diversity, equity, and inclusion. We believe that only by embracing diversity of identity, thought, background, expression, and perspective can we solve today’s challenges and reimagine tomorrow’s world.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Mexico City, Mexico MX