PORTFOLIO MARKETING TECHNICAL SPECIALIST
Location: London, Greater London GB
Requisition Number: 212616
Teradata enables customers to support their business opportunities and address their business challenges with timely information from many source systems, both internal and external. To assist customers and prospects in choosing technology that meets their needs, we may support their decision process with a benchmark of new technology versus existing technology, help them prove out an idea for a new application; either a technically oriented Proof Of Concept (POC) or a business oriented Proof Of Value (POV), or in some cases a demonstration or trial to prove that a solution will meet their needs.
We are looking for people that have experience in benchmarks, POC’s, POVs, and demonstrations of technology to build the collateral to help the sales teams win business by showing customers and prospected that we can meet their needs better than any alternative. They may need to provide hands-on support for applying materials in critical engagements.
Portfolio Marketing Technical Specialist needs to:
- Develop and document demonstrations and tools that can be re-applied by field teams to support sales motions
- Design and lead implementation of packages to generate and load industry specific data for use in demonstrations
- Provide training materials for field teams on strategy and use of materials
- Provide guidance to critical engagements on competitive tactics
- lead benchmark workshops to document critical success factors and document a project of sufficient scope to support the customer/prospect technology selection
- be brave enough to assess engagements that won’t provide valuable input to customer/prospect technology selections and stand up to field sales executives to stop bad engagements
- coach teams in techniques for quick benchmark implementation,
- assist in the analysis of customer production requirements and benchmark results
- “hack” software you’ve never seen before to install, configure, and demonstrate basic use by following documentation and using web searches.
- Experience in presenting at the DBA level and the Customer Executive level.
- Strong PowerPoint and Word skills
- Experience working as a DBA for a production system or supporting DBAs
- Strong skills in one or more Enterprise Class DBMSs
- Experience in cloud implementations
- Strong Excel skills including pivot tables and graphs
- Experience in production ETL/ELT applications and writing analytic queries. Specific experience in one or more ETL/ELT or BI tools is a plus.
- Basic Linux system admin skills and strong skills in Linux scripting
- Experience in automating mundane DBA tasks and Linux file manipulation
And, If possible:
- Strong skills in Teradata SQL, TASM and Teradata Utilities
- Java programming skills
State: Greater London
Community / Marketing Title: PORTFOLIO MARKETING TECHNICAL SPECIALIST
Job Category: Product Marketing
Teradata (NYSE: TDC) is the leading multi-cloud data platform company for enterprise analytics, transforming how businesses work and people live through the power of data.
At Teradata, we are leading the data era. As enterprises address today’s digital economy, they are faced with new competition and consumer expectations and are turning to data to power their future. Teradata has worked with the largest companies in the world for 40+ years, bringing our experience and expertise to support global enterprises with their most demanding, mission-critical, complex, and large-scale data needs. Teradata is recognized as a leader in the cloud, data, and analytics spaces by top analyst firms, Gartner and Forrester, and Fortune Magazine as well.
Our connected multi-cloud data platform for enterprise analytics, Teradata Vantage™, is an extremely scalable, secure, and resilient offering that simplifies ecosystems by connecting data and making it easier to uncover insights from across the organization…regardless of where that data resides. With Vantage, we enable companies to modernize their data management, from start to scale. Every day, millions of users benefit from our open data platform. Empowering customers and partners to develop and build how they like, we enable hundreds of business outcomes and solutions, including improving customer experience and profitability, driving operational efficiency, realizing financial transformation, or achieving operational efficiency.
As the world of data grows, we are the leader in enabling the future of connected businesses, powered by data intelligence. We are committed to delivering on this vision by following sustainable business practices and with a strong focus on diversity, equity, and inclusion. We believe that only by embracing diversity of identity, thought, background, expression, and perspective can we solve today’s challenges and reimagine tomorrow’s world.
Location_formattedLocationLong: London, Greater London GB