Senior Software Engineer
Location: San Diego, California, United States
Requisition Number: 212610
Sr. Software Engineer-SQL-Engine Services team
Teradata empowers companies to achieve high-impact business outcomes through analytics. With a powerful combination of Industry expertise and leading hybrid cloud technologies for data warehousing and big data analytics, Teradata unleashes the potential of great companies. Partnering with top companies around the world, Teradata helps improve customer experience, mitigate risk, drive product innovation, achieve operational excellence, transform finance, and optimize assets. Teradata is recognized by media and industry analysts as a future-focused company for its technological excellence, sustainability, ethics, and business value.
The Teradata culture isn’t just about one kind of person. So many individuals make up who we are, making us that much more unique. It’s what sets apart the dynamic, diverse and collaborative environment that is Teradata. But even as individuals, there’s one thing that we all share —our united goal of making Teradata and our people, the best we can be.
This position is for a Sr. Software Engineer in the SQL-Engine Services team within the Vantage Core - Platform Software organization. The SQLES Team is comprised of multiple scrum level teams working towards the same goal: to provide comprehensive, reliable, and scalable solutions for the Teradata SQL Engine (i.e. Teradata Database) for our supported public cloud platforms (AWS, Azure, Google Cloud). This includes:
- SQLE image creation and validation for our supported public cloud platforms.
- Common/public SQLE Microservice for provisioning and runtime operations related to SQLE.
- In-site SQLE services for cloud runtime operations (e.g. scaling, node failure recovery, configuration).
- On-node SQLE services and tools for cloud runtime operations.
We are looking for a candidate to join our fast-paced and cutting-edge development organization that is at the forefront of our “Teradata Everywhere” strategy.
Teradata Labs, the technology research and development (R&D) organization within Teradata Corporation, has been turning innovative decision support technology into business results for over 30 years. Our R&D team of analytic architects, database developers and engineers work to understand and advance emerging technologies to invent the next wave of cutting-edge analytic data solutions.
This position is for a Software Engineer in the SQL-Engine Services team within the Vantage Core – Platform Software organization. The position involves development, integration, functional and performance testing, and fault analysis of our public cloud solutions. The engineer will be engaged in concept definition, implementation, support for early engagements, and typical life cycle management activities.
The ideal candidate is a highly motivated and creative software engineer who is ready to participate in an agile team environment and contribute to the success of Teradata. The successful candidate will possess excellent programming skills in Python for the development of our service. The candidate must also have proven experience developing instance-based services and administering deployments on one or more of the AWS, Azure, and Google Cloud platforms. Familiarity with Teradata Vantage is also desirable, but not required. They must possess strong verbal and written communication skills, be self-driven, and deliver high-quality results in a fast-paced environment. They need to enjoy working closely with their peers in a group of very talented engineers.
- Member of an agile development team responsible for Teradata SQL-Engine Services.
- Develop and support the SQL-Engine DevOps pipeline for delivering and validating SQL-Engine images for our supported public cloud platforms.
- Develop and support the services and libraries that enable provisioning and runtime operations of the Teradata SQL-Engine on our supported public cloud platforms.
- Provide assistance in customer support cases escalated to engineering related to Teradata SQL-Engine Services.
- Excellent troubleshooting, listening, and problem-solving skills
- Experience working in a fast-paced agile scrum development environment.
- Demonstrated expertise in Python.
- Proven experience with public and/or private cloud environments such as Amazon Web Services (AWS), Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud, VMWare ESXi, etc.
- Proven experience in RESTful services development.
- Knowledge of security best practices for RESTful services.
- Knowledge of Linux system administration.
- Familiarity with C, bash, SQL.
- Experience with DevOps automation tools and libraries.
- Experience with Teradata Vantage is a plus.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Minimum Education and Residency Requirements:
- Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related discipline with 5+ years of work experience.
- Masters degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related discipline with 3+ work experience.
- Ph.D. in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related discipline with no work experience requirement.
Our total compensation approach includes a competitive base salary, 401(k), strong work/family programs, and medical, dental, and disability coverage.
Teradata is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and commits to hiring returning veterans.
CountryEEOText_Description: Teradata invites all identities and backgrounds in the workplace. We work with deliberation and intent to ensure we are cultivating collaboration and inclusivity across our global organization. We are proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, ancestry, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions), national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, military and veteran status, or any other legally protected status. Consistent with Colorado law, Colorado applicants can email the firstname.lastname@example.org inbox to receive the compensation range information for this role. Please provide proof of Colorado residency in your request.
City: San Diego
Community / Marketing Title: Senior Software Engineer
Job Category: Engineering
Teradata is the connected multi-cloud data platform for enterprise analytics company. Our enterprise analytics solve business challenges from start to scale. Only Teradata gives you the flexibility to handle the massive and mixed data workloads of the future, today.
The Teradata Vantage architecture is cloud native, delivered as-a-service, and built on an open ecosystem. These design features make Vantage the ideal platform to optimize price performance in a multi-cloud environment.
LinkedIn Remote: #LI-Remote
Location_formattedLocationLong: San Diego, California US