Sales Operations Manager
Location: San Francisco, California, United States
Requisition Number: 212601
Sales Operations Manager
Location: San Diego, CA or VIRTUAL
The Teradata Global Sales Operations and Enablement Group is focused on driving overall effectiveness and efficiency in Teradata’s Go-to-market business. The Teradata Global GTM Sales Operations Group is focused on driving overall effectiveness and efficiency for field initiatives including the following:
- Sales Strategy & Account Deployment
- Sales Process Development & Execution
- Performance Metrics & Measurement
- Sales Processes Best Practice Execution
- Sales Tools & Technology
- Talent Management & Development
- Sales Support and Deal Support
This position reports into the Regional Sales Operations Director and is a key strategic partner to the Industry Vice President (IVP) of assigned industries/territories and their respective team. The role has sales operational responsibility for the “Industry” for developing, deploying, and owning the initiatives described above and detailed below.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
Sales Strategy & Account Deployment
- Support the Sales team on strategic planning, sales strategy, and special projects
- Develop models and analysis to support decision making and strategy
- Translate strategy into specific business initiatives, develop operational plans, execute, measure, and iterate
- Account content & sales deliverables (playbooks)
- Create presentations for team meetings
Sales Process Development & Execution
- Create and implement sales operational cadence including Ops reviews
- Develop sales templates for QBRs, Region Leadership team meetings, and team calls
- Collaborate with IVP and Sales Operations Director on All-Hands meetings, large deal reviews, and other as needed collateral
- Coordinate global stakeholders for centrally led initiatives
Performance Metrics & Measurement
- Tracking & Governance
- Assist with Metric Definition and Deployment
- Collaborate with IVP, Sales Operations, Finance, and key stakeholders to implement metrics for the sales team
Sales Process Best Practices Execution
- Facilitate process adherence
- Promote best practice transfer
- Define, monitor, and distribute sales outcome measurements
- KPI tracking for sales and services reporting tools
- Partner with other internal teams to identify new sales strategies and other opportunities to continuously improve the Sales organization’s impact and effectiveness
Sales Tools & Technology
- Dissemination of sales tools (i.e. account management and CRM tools and services, especially Salesforce.com)
- Build dashboards via Salesforce and BI tools to track, manage, and provide insights on KPIs
- Integration of account plan best-in-class processes
- Integrated online training, mentoring, and onboarding
Talent Management & Skills Development
- Support critical skills definition/individual development
- Support training curriculum to enhance onboarding, mentoring & sales and services career development
- Support onboarding and assimilation
Sales Support and Deal Support
- Coordination of resources to achieve specific sales and deal-specific goals
- Facilitate deal team efficiency and effectiveness
Candidate must adapt to IVP’s operational nuances as they execute strategies to achieve annual objectives. Candidate should also be able to work the business hours for the geography to which they are assigned as well as adapt to a flexible work schedule to address supporting teams in various time zones.
It is required that the candidate have or must develop a strong working knowledge of Teradata’s go to market strategy and solutions portfolio. Where applicable, an understanding and use of Teradata internal systems, organizational structure, and ability to work within a multi-discipline team is highly desirable.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- It is preferred the candidate has 5+ years’ experience in the high-tech industry with experience in any or all the following disciplines: Sales, Sales Support, Business Operations, Operational Excellence. The candidate must have a fundamental understanding of “go-to-market” processes, operational cadence and metrics & the ability to work in a strong sales culture.
- Experience and knowledge within the Advanced Analytics & Decision Support industry is a strong advantage.
- Bachelor’s degree in business or technical field required. MBA desirable but not required
The candidate must exhibit:
- Strong leadership skills and demonstrate self-motivation
- Ability to create, deploy and lead sales operational cadences including All-Hands calls, Team meeting collateral, Sales Ops calendar, executive meeting content, etc.
- Have strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously in a team environment
- Microsoft Office suite expertise is required with strong presentation skills and ability to present to large groups
- Confidence in managing executive relationships with IVP, AVPs and other business executives
CountryEEOText_Description: Teradata invites all identities and backgrounds in the workplace. We work with deliberation and intent to ensure we are cultivating collaboration and inclusivity across our global organization. We are proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, ancestry, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions), national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, military and veteran status, or any other legally protected status. Consistent with Colorado law, Colorado applicants can email the firstname.lastname@example.org inbox to receive the compensation range information for this role. Please provide proof of Colorado residency in your request.
City: San Francisco
Community / Marketing Title: Sales Operations Manager
Job Category: Sales
Teradata is the connected multi-cloud data platform for enterprise analytics company. Our enterprise analytics solve business challenges from start to scale. Only Teradata gives you the flexibility to handle the massive and mixed data workloads of the future, today.
The Teradata Vantage architecture is cloud native, delivered as-a-service, and built on an open ecosystem. These design features make Vantage the ideal platform to optimize price performance in a multi-cloud environment.
LinkedIn Remote: #LI-Remote
Location_formattedLocationLong: San Francisco, California US