Senior Agile Coach
Location: San Diego, California, United States
Requisition Number: 212598
- Teradata is looking for an Agile Coach who can work with multiple engineering teams to implement the right mix of agile practices.
- We want someone who is passionate about Agile and Lean methodologies and pushes for continuous improvement [Kaizen].
- You must have a product-first mindset, focusing on delivering value to the customer in an environment of discovery and delivery.
- You must be comfortable working in a fast paced, iterative and fun environment, play the role of coach, help influence teams achieve high performance.
- You have a deep passion around agility; ability to unlock the intrinsic motivation, potential of people; help them understand the agile values, principles, mindset behind the practices; bring-in transparency and visibility; help in planning, executing and deploying high quality software on time.
- Strong experience in agile transformation in large, matrix, geographically dispersed and virtual teams; successfully integrating agile approaches across various disciplines and stakeholder groups.
- Product discovery and delivery experience is preferred.
- In the past played the role of a scrum master or a software developer.
- Influence and drive teams to operate in a fast paced and exciting environment, develop and release high quality product in an iterative and continuous fashion.
- Highly effective communication skills, including interactive listening with proven ability to negotiate across all levels of the program team.
- Strong problem-solving skills; comfortable working with scrum and program teams in distributed locations.
- A strong team player, mentor and collaborator.
- You will work with scrum and program teams to help them improve in needed areas and teach/coach them to run agile practices autonomously and help create high performing teams.
- Facilitate getting work done in a servant leader role.
- [Scrum Master, Product Manager, Program Manager / Release Train Engineer, Stakeholder].
- Facilitate quarterly health-check across scrum teams and program teams – build continuous improvement backlogs.
- Overall play the role of a reflective observer, facilitator, mentor, teacher, coach, enabler, partner and hands-on expert as needed.
- BA/BS Math or Computer Science with agile certifications in one or more practices (Scrum, XP, Lean, Kanban or similar).
- Minimum 8 years of program management experience with the last 5 years focused in agile coaching, agile implementation and running agile practices with an emphasis on continual improvement.
- Hiring for a virtual coaching role.
- Our total compensation approach includes a competitive base salary, 401(k), strong work/family programs, and medical, dental and disability coverage.
- Teradata is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and commits to hiring returning veterans.
CountryEEOText_Description: Teradata invites all identities and backgrounds in the workplace. We work with deliberation and intent to ensure we are cultivating collaboration and inclusivity across our global organization. We are proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, ancestry, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions), national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, military and veteran status, or any other legally protected status. Consistent with Colorado law, Colorado applicants can email the firstname.lastname@example.org inbox to receive the compensation range information for this role. Please provide proof of Colorado residency in your request.
City: San Diego
Community / Marketing Title: Senior Agile Coach
Job Category: Engineering
Teradata is the connected multi-cloud data platform for enterprise analytics company. Our enterprise analytics solve business challenges from start to scale. Only Teradata gives you the flexibility to handle the massive and mixed data workloads of the future, today.
The Teradata Vantage architecture is cloud native, delivered as-a-service, and built on an open ecosystem. These design features make Vantage the ideal platform to optimize price performance in a multi-cloud environment.
LinkedIn Remote: #LI-Remote
Location_formattedLocationLong: San Diego, California US