Change Control Analyst I
Location: Tijuana, Mexico MX
Requisition Number: 212575
Change Control Analyst I
Location: Tijuana, BC (Zona Rio)
Change Control Analysts manage the changes and System Updates that are made to Teradata products for our Fortune-500 customers all around the world. The Change Control Analyst I is the perfect job for a new Computer Science Graduate who is interested in Data Analytics, Automation, and enterprise-level Linux/Unix systems.
In 2019, Teradata aligned the Change Control teams in the Americas, EMEA, and APAC regions under one umbrella resulting in the Global Change Control Team. This group has a strong focus on Automation, DevOps, Process Optimization, and Remote Change Control Delivery.
It is time to take Change Control Service Delivery to the next level by expanding our footprint to include Change Control Analysts in our new Tijuana Innovation Center. This addition will contribute to our goal of Service Delivery Modernization, add capacity to our "Follow the Sun" support model, and increase the flexibility of our Global Change Control Organization to deliver on customer demands. This is a unique opportunity to join a service-focused team, operating globally to implement best practices and drive higher customer satisfaction.
We are seeking 1 entry-level Change Control Analysts who will focus on delivering Change Control Requests as well as Case Support as required. Your primary responsibility will be to work with external customers and internal Teradata teams to plan, schedule, and execute Change Controls in the Americas region. As a Change Control Analyst you will work with the US-based Change Control Center of Excellence to ensure delivery of consistent and standardized change controls with high quality and best-in-class customer experience.
We are a fast-paced and high-tech environment and may require extended hours and after-hours follow up given the nature of the changes occurring 7x24.
Change Control Analysts - What will you Do?
- Provide high-quality Change Control services to Teradata Customers by:
- Analyzing install base for CC opportunity
- Pre-Change Control consultation and Preparation
- Coordinating, scheduling, and planning
- Remote Implementation of Change Controls
- Change Control Onsite Implementation/Supervision
- Identify and apply Change Control best practices in all activities/tasks
- Drive continuous improvements into the process for efficiency, quality, and reliability
- Work closely with the CC Center of Excellence when problems occur requiring deep technical and problem resolution skills
- Support Private Cloud for Teradata (TD on VMWare), Public Cloud (AWS / Azure / GCP), and On-Prem deployments
- Share knowledge and experience with other team members
- Actively engage in learning new technologies and adoption of process improvements to create a better customer experience
- Provide local language and remote Change Control incident support
- Participate in a 24x7 on-call rotation
Experience and Qualifications:
- Strong English Communication (Written & Verbal)
- USA B1/B2 Visa
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field
- Working knowledge of Linux, UNIX, and Windows OS’s
- Passion for customer satisfaction and continuous improvement
- Experience working in a virtual team with different cultures
- Have strong organizational skills, self-starter and self-directed
- Ability to travel and work in a customer-facing environment
- Advance knowledge of Teradata products and technology
- Experience with Automation and DevOps concepts
Community / Marketing Title: Change Control Analyst I
Job Category: Customer Support
Teradata (NYSE: TDC) is the leading multi-cloud data platform company for enterprise analytics, transforming how businesses work and people live through the power of data.
At Teradata, we are leading the data era. As enterprises address today’s digital economy, they are faced with new competition and consumer expectations and are turning to data to power their future. Teradata has worked with the largest companies in the world for 40+ years, bringing our experience and expertise to support global enterprises with their most demanding, mission-critical, complex, and large-scale data needs. Teradata is recognized as a leader in the cloud, data, and analytics spaces by top analyst firms, Gartner and Forrester, and Fortune Magazine as well.
Our connected multi-cloud data platform for enterprise analytics, Teradata Vantage™, is an extremely scalable, secure, and resilient offering that simplifies ecosystems by connecting data and making it easier to uncover insights from across the organization…regardless of where that data resides. With Vantage, we enable companies to modernize their data management, from start to scale. Every day, millions of users benefit from our open data platform. Empowering customers and partners to develop and build how they like, we enable hundreds of business outcomes and solutions, including improving customer experience and profitability, driving operational efficiency, realizing financial transformation, or achieving operational efficiency.
As the world of data grows, we are the leader in enabling the future of connected businesses, powered by data intelligence. We are committed to delivering on this vision by following sustainable business practices and with a strong focus on diversity, equity, and inclusion. We believe that only by embracing diversity of identity, thought, background, expression, and perspective can we solve today’s challenges and reimagine tomorrow’s world.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Tijuana, Mexico MX