Senior Manager, External Reporting
Location: Peachtree Corners, Georgia US
Requisition Number: 212573
The position requires a highly motivated individual to step into a key role within Teradata’s Chief Accounting Officer’s group and reports directly to the Director of Technical Accounting and Reporting. The candidate will possess strong technical accounting skills balanced with in-depth knowledge of the requirements for SEC filings. The position provides high visibility to senior executives at the Company and is a great opportunity for someone looking to take their career to the next level.
- Responsible for the majority of all SEC filings. SEC filings would include the Form 10-K, Form 10-Q, Form 8-K, Form 11-K, and other common filings. Also responsible for coordinating the processes for both EDGAR and XBRL file preparations to ensure both the accuracy and timeliness of the filing.
- Perform the compilation of the filing, including preparing schedules, footnotes, Management’s Discussion and Analysis section, Critical Accounting Policies and Estimates section, and other various sections of the 10-K and 10-Q.
- Prepare SEC filings using Workiva’s web-based software, including managing edits/comments from various internal stakeholders.
- Provide accounting guidance and research on various issues, such as business combinations, risk review items, revenue recognition, equity-based compensation, impairment of assets, and real estate transactions.
- Coordinate globally across various departments, both at corporate and worldwide operations, to ensure proper disclosures are made in the filings. This includes working with all levels of executive management such as region presidents, chief financial officers, and vice presidents of our infrastructure groups.
- Use analytical skills to identify key drivers and trends within the financial results and then transform that data using strong grammatical skills into the drafting of the Form 10-K or 10-Q.
- Closely work with our Senior Vice President of Investor Relations on the quarterly press release and supporting schedules. On an annual basis, coordinate with the Investor Relations department on the annual report.
- Coordinate and participate in Disclosure Committee meetings to discuss drafts of filings, the financial statements, and footnotes.
- Determine the impact of new accounting pronouncements on reporting requirements and Teradata business practices.
- Must be able to apply a broad range of accounting knowledge to various accounting projects, especially relating to real estate, information technology and other infrastructure groups as well as to leasing arrangements, derivative and hedging activities and accounting for equity investments.
- Monitor and perform periodic impairment testing of goodwill and intangible assets.
- Participate in quarterly risk reviews with the regions to identify issues and give correct accounting guidance.
- Actively participate in the development of accounting and financial reporting policies.
- Support reporting of financial results to the Audit Committee and to the Board of Directors.
- Prepare CEO/CFO presentations used for Audit Committee and Board of Director meetings.
- Interface with our external auditors (Pwc) and others on complex accounting issues and SEC filings.
Education and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting
- CPA license
- Master’s Degree in Accounting or MBA preferred
- 8-10+ years of related experience, including experience with SEC reporting
- A preferred candidate will also have a background in public accounting with experience working on larger SEC clients
CountryEEOText_Description: Teradata invites all identities and backgrounds in the workplace. We work with deliberation and intent to ensure we are cultivating collaboration and inclusivity across our global organization. We are proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, ancestry, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions), national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, military and veteran status, or any other legally protected status. Consistent with Colorado law, Colorado applicants can email the Ask.HR@teradata.com inbox to receive the compensation range information for this role. Please provide proof of Colorado residency in your request.
City: Peachtree Corners
Community / Marketing Title: Senior Manager, External Reporting
Job Category: Finance
Teradata (NYSE: TDC) is the leading multi-cloud data platform company for enterprise analytics, transforming how businesses work and people live through the power of data.
At Teradata, we are leading the data era. As enterprises address today’s digital economy, they are faced with new competition and consumer expectations and are turning to data to power their future. Teradata has worked with the largest companies in the world for 40+ years, bringing our experience and expertise to support global enterprises with their most demanding, mission-critical, complex, and large-scale data needs. Teradata is recognized as a leader in the cloud, data, and analytics spaces by top analyst firms, Gartner and Forrester, and Fortune Magazine as well.
Our connected multi-cloud data platform for enterprise analytics, Teradata Vantage™, is an extremely scalable, secure, and resilient offering that simplifies ecosystems by connecting data and making it easier to uncover insights from across the organization…regardless of where that data resides. With Vantage, we enable companies to modernize their data management, from start to scale. Every day, millions of users benefit from our open data platform. Empowering customers and partners to develop and build how they like, we enable hundreds of business outcomes and solutions, including improving customer experience and profitability, driving operational efficiency, realizing financial transformation, or achieving operational efficiency.
As the world of data grows, we are the leader in enabling the future of connected businesses, powered by data intelligence. We are committed to delivering on this vision by following sustainable business practices and with a strong focus on diversity, equity, and inclusion. We believe that only by embracing diversity of identity, thought, background, expression, and perspective can we solve today’s challenges and reimagine tomorrow’s world.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Peachtree Corners, Georgia US