Senior Software Engineer
Location: Hyderabad, Telangana, India
Requisition Number: 212548
Teradata Labs, the technology research and development (R&D) organization within Teradata Corporation, has been turning innovative decision support technology into business results for over 30 years. Our R&D team of analytic architects, database developers and engineers work to understand and advance emerging technologies to invent the next wave of cutting-edge analytic data solutions. Our Big Data analytics and discovery technology helps to make sense of petabyte scale multi-structured data to better understand customer behaviors, anticipate customer needs and develop better products and solutions
Senior software engineer
As a Sr. Software Engineer will become a member of a key project in Teradata's Unity offering. This organization is responsible for working with the Teradata Dual Active leadership in designing, coding, testing, and maintaining database virtualization products for the Teradata Unity program. The successful candidate will work as a contributing member of the Teradata's Unity team. The Senior developer role includes Requirement analysis, design, develop and test and maintenance of new and existing features and all related technologies and required environments to ensure a successful product development lifecycle and delivery. This candidate, as time permits and as appropriate may also assist with product support. The engineer must be well versed in working in and contributing to a fully agile automated development and testing process. This is an individual contributor position reporting to an Engineering Manager.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, computer engineering or similar technical discipline with 5 to 8 years of working experience as Software Developer
- Experience with large-scale, enterprise C/C++ software development.
- Strong data structure, Multi-threading and algorithms fundamentals
- Knowledge of SQL and an understanding of relational database
- Design, develop, code, test & debug system software
- Good analytical and logical skills.
- Strong troubleshooting & debugging skills on Linux
- Sound software engineering principles
- Exposure to storage, filesystems will be advantage
- Working knowledge or exposure cloud technologies would be an added advantage
- Self-motivated and self-organizing individual, with a high capacity for rapid learning and having meticulous attention to detail
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Effective team player and experienced in software development life cycle.
- Use of Agile methodologies and tools will be an advantage
- Technical support to customers or customer facing personnel
Works with project team members and architects and reports to engineering manager
- Strong background in database internals and/or analytics through academic or working exposure
- Knowledge of High Availability concepts and techniques
State: Andhra Pradesh
Community / Marketing Title: Senior Software Engineer
Job Category: Engineering
Teradata (NYSE: TDC) is the leading multi-cloud data platform company for enterprise analytics, transforming how businesses work and people live through the power of data.
At Teradata, we are leading the data era. As enterprises address today’s digital economy, they are faced with new competition and consumer expectations and are turning to data to power their future. Teradata has worked with the largest companies in the world for 40+ years, bringing our experience and expertise to support global enterprises with their most demanding, mission-critical, complex, and large-scale data needs. Teradata is recognized as a leader in the cloud, data, and analytics spaces by top analyst firms, Gartner and Forrester, and Fortune Magazine as well.
Our connected multi-cloud data platform for enterprise analytics, Teradata Vantage™, is an extremely scalable, secure, and resilient offering that simplifies ecosystems by connecting data and making it easier to uncover insights from across the organization…regardless of where that data resides. With Vantage, we enable companies to modernize their data management, from start to scale. Every day, millions of users benefit from our open data platform. Empowering customers and partners to develop and build how they like, we enable hundreds of business outcomes and solutions, including improving customer experience and profitability, driving operational efficiency, realizing financial transformation, or achieving operational efficiency.
As the world of data grows, we are the leader in enabling the future of connected businesses, powered by data intelligence. We are committed to delivering on this vision by following sustainable business practices and with a strong focus on diversity, equity, and inclusion. We believe that only by embracing diversity of identity, thought, background, expression, and perspective can we solve today’s challenges and reimagine tomorrow’s world.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh IN