Director Cloud Solutions Architect - AWS
Location: San Diego, California US
Requisition Number: 212524
Director Cloud Solution Architect – AWS
At Teradata, our customers use Vantage on AWS, Azure and Google to perform some of the largest and most complex data analytics to optimize customer experiences and develop solutions that help them achieve their financial goals and digitally transform in the cloud. To support this mission, we are looking for an accomplished cloud technologist with deep cloud provider experience, cloud infrastructure services, architecture experience and business acumen to guide Teradata and its’ customers as they migrate and modernize in the cloud.
This accomplished technologist will have responsibility to define and deploy cloud first data architecture model that customers and partners adopt using Vantage, help build and curate cloud technical assets, own and drive the efforts working with global cloud providers. Also, this technologist with identify multiple options of architecting data solutions in public or hybrid cloud that meets the performance, resiliency and cost requirements.
Teradata is looking to hire experienced and motivated technologists who possess a unique balance of technical depth and strong relationship skills to launch and grow Vantage as a Service on AWS, Azure and Google Cloud platforms, while engaging with some of the most recognizable brands across the globe. We want individuals that demonstrate ability to think strategically about business, create technical definitions around customer objectives in complex situations, develop solution strategies, motivate and mobilize resources, as well as deliver results.
Ideally, you’re someone who can write code, but also wants to help guide the broader data warehouse and data analytics industry towards a technology you believe in. You have immediate credibility with technologists and developers at all levels, from new developers to CTOs.
Our Cloud Architects are passionate about enabling innovation through data stores, building reference architectures and recipes, and implementing data analytics w/ technologies the cloud providers offer to make data more intelligent.
As a Cloud Architect at Teradata, you will partner with customers, GTM, Alliances, engineering, and product teams to craft scalable, flexible and resilient architectures that address customer business problems and accelerate the adoption of our new services when migrated or built-new on AWS, Azure, and Google Cloud. As a trusted cloud advocate, the Cloud Architect will help organizations and our internal team develop best practices around platform migration, integration, and architecture.
The Teradata Cloud Architect partners with cloud providers, internal teams, and customers to ensure the design of scalable, flexible and resilient cloud architectures and solutions. They help address customer business challenges and accelerate the adoption of Teradata cloud services.
- Technical degree in Computer Science or related technical field or equivalent experience
- 15+ years of demonstrated technology experience in architecting and successfully building highly scalable data solutions, taking new programs and cloud services to market
- Proven experience of building scalable, performant data solutions on-premise, public cloud and hybrid cloud
- Proven experience in relational, NoSQL, in-memory and data warehouse technologies
- Enterprise scale expertise in data management, data ingestion, data security and metadata management
- Extensive knowledge architecting modern data integration frameworks, highly scalable distributed systems using open source and emerging data architecture designed and patterns
- Expert ability to analyze cost and performance in a data solution or pattern and recommend improvement for optimization
- Ability to collaborate and partner with business domain leads, product owners, enterprise architects and public cloud service providers
- Experience migrating or transforming legacy solutions to the cloud
- Presentation and whiteboarding skills with a high degree of comfort speaking with internal and external executives, IT management, and technical teams
- Excellent communication skills with an ability to right level conversations
- Demonstrated ability to adapt to new technologies and learn quickly
- Relevant certifications in public cloud services such as ‘AWS Certified Data Analytics specialty’, ‘AWS Certified Database specialty’, ‘AWS Certified Solutions Architect Professional’
- Cloud data services such as AWS RDS, AWS DynamoDB, Azure SQL, Azure Cosmos DB, Redshift, Google BigQuery
- Cloud storage services such as AWS S3, Azure Storage Services, Google Cloud Storage
CountryEEOText_Description: Teradata invites all identities and backgrounds in the workplace. We work with deliberation and intent to ensure we are cultivating collaboration and inclusivity across our global organization. We are proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, ancestry, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions), national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, military and veteran status, or any other legally protected status. Consistent with Colorado law, Colorado applicants can email the Ask.HR@teradata.com inbox to receive the compensation range information for this role. Please provide proof of Colorado residency in your request.
City: San Diego
Community / Marketing Title: Director Cloud Solutions Architect - AWS
Job Category: Sales
Teradata (NYSE: TDC) is the leading multi-cloud data platform company for enterprise analytics, transforming how businesses work and people live through the power of data.
At Teradata, we are leading the data era. As enterprises address today’s digital economy, they are faced with new competition and consumer expectations and are turning to data to power their future. Teradata has worked with the largest companies in the world for 40+ years, bringing our experience and expertise to support global enterprises with their most demanding, mission-critical, complex, and large-scale data needs. Teradata is recognized as a leader in the cloud, data, and analytics spaces by top analyst firms, Gartner and Forrester, and Fortune Magazine as well.
Our connected multi-cloud data platform for enterprise analytics, Teradata Vantage™, is an extremely scalable, secure, and resilient offering that simplifies ecosystems by connecting data and making it easier to uncover insights from across the organization…regardless of where that data resides. With Vantage, we enable companies to modernize their data management, from start to scale. Every day, millions of users benefit from our open data platform. Empowering customers and partners to develop and build how they like, we enable hundreds of business outcomes and solutions, including improving customer experience and profitability, driving operational efficiency, realizing financial transformation, or achieving operational efficiency.
As the world of data grows, we are the leader in enabling the future of connected businesses, powered by data intelligence. We are committed to delivering on this vision by following sustainable business practices and with a strong focus on diversity, equity, and inclusion. We believe that only by embracing diversity of identity, thought, background, expression, and perspective can we solve today’s challenges and reimagine tomorrow’s world.
Location_formattedLocationLong: San Diego, California US