Location: San Diego, California US
Requisition Number: 212511
Title: Healthcare Data Modeler
Location: US, virtual
This position is for a Logical, Physical, and Dimensional Data Modeler within the Data Modeling Product Management Group. It is a research and development position having responsibility for developing both dimensional models and 3rd normal form industry-focused logical/physical data models that are built upon a cross-industry unified foundation. Primary responsibility is for the continual evolution of the Healthcare Data Model (HCDM), the Healthcare Analytic Schemas (HCAS) and other industry models including alignment to industry standards while working with industry consultants and strategic partners.
- Expand the HCDM, HCAS, and other models through cross organizational collaboration on requirements and customer feedback
- Ensure the HCDM, HCAS and other industry models remain aligned to key industry standards
- Collaborate with team of industry data modelers to develop unified modules that form the foundation for a catalog of industry-specific data models
- Work collaboratively to contribute to a common set of both dimensional and logical/physical data modeling standards, best practices and design patterns
- Support the Teradata Professional Services organization with pre-sale support in selling Teradata through the benefits of our data model IP and data architecture practices
- Support PS delivery teams in understanding and delivering the industry data models
- Support the development of training materials for deployment of the industry data models
- Provide training to PS resources assigned to Healthcare and other industries
- Support the development of marketing materials in conjunction with the industry data models
This position involves working in a virtual office environment, including home office and other sites (while traveling). A combination of independent work and team collaboration will be required. A small to moderate amount of travel is expected (less than 10%).
Skills & Attributes
- Proven ability in logical, physical and dimensional data modeling within a collaborative team environment using erwin’s Data Modeler and Model Manager applications
- Experience taking the Logical Data Model to a "first cut" Physical Data Model to include indexing, schema generation, pre/post scripts, and de-normalizations where required
- Demonstrated ability to model from an enterprise perspective
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and presentation abilities
- Ability to communicate convincingly to both IT and business user communities
- Proven ability to lead and mentor others
- Ability to work effectively in a virtual environment and perform most functions with minimal supervision or guidance
- Proficient in MS Office tool sets and expertise with the erwin data modeling tool. Other modeling tool experience such as ER/Studio, Power Designer a plus
- Ability to work in a highly collaborative environment that promotes ideas while balancing objectives
- Organized, adaptable, self-starter, highly motivated by challenge, and a team player
- Bachelor Degree in Computer Science or Business Administration with emphasis in Information Technology.
- 7 - 12 years of related experience
- 5 - 10 years industry data modeling experience required
- Healthcare experience in Payer, Provider or Government based programs
- Experience working with Teradata Vantage and associated applications. Experience with Teradata Express, Teradata Studio, and Teradata Tools and Utilities
- Strong normal form modeling skills with demonstrated understanding of generalized constructs. Being able to develop a template physical model design based on the industry logical data model
- Involved in state-of-the-art data warehousing technologies, including relational databases, business intelligence and analytical tools, architectural strategies, NoSQL databases, Hadoop, and other Big Data analytic environments
- Strong abstraction skills in translating from specific user business requirements to logical, physical and semantic information models
- Logical, physical and dimensional data modeling skills
- Understanding the concepts of normalization and when to denormalize in the physical model
- Proficient in business concepts and technologies employed by the Travel, Communications and Financial Services Industry
- Project leadership experience
- Experience with Teradata’s Healthcare Data Model (highly desirable)
- Healthcare Data Modeler
CountryEEOText_Description: Teradata invites all identities and backgrounds in the workplace. We work with deliberation and intent to ensure we are cultivating collaboration and inclusivity across our global organization. We are proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, ancestry, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions), national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, military and veteran status, or any other legally protected status. Consistent with Colorado law, Colorado applicants can email the Ask.HR@teradata.com inbox to receive the compensation range information for this role. Please provide proof of Colorado residency in your request.
City: San Diego
Community / Marketing Title: Product Manager
Job Category: Engineering
Teradata (NYSE: TDC) is the leading multi-cloud data platform company for enterprise analytics, transforming how businesses work and people live through the power of data.
At Teradata, we are leading the data era. As enterprises address today’s digital economy, they are faced with new competition and consumer expectations and are turning to data to power their future. Teradata has worked with the largest companies in the world for 40+ years, bringing our experience and expertise to support global enterprises with their most demanding, mission-critical, complex, and large-scale data needs. Teradata is recognized as a leader in the cloud, data, and analytics spaces by top analyst firms, Gartner and Forrester, and Fortune Magazine as well.
Our connected multi-cloud data platform for enterprise analytics, Teradata Vantage™, is an extremely scalable, secure, and resilient offering that simplifies ecosystems by connecting data and making it easier to uncover insights from across the organization…regardless of where that data resides. With Vantage, we enable companies to modernize their data management, from start to scale. Every day, millions of users benefit from our open data platform. Empowering customers and partners to develop and build how they like, we enable hundreds of business outcomes and solutions, including improving customer experience and profitability, driving operational efficiency, realizing financial transformation, or achieving operational efficiency.
As the world of data grows, we are the leader in enabling the future of connected businesses, powered by data intelligence. We are committed to delivering on this vision by following sustainable business practices and with a strong focus on diversity, equity, and inclusion. We believe that only by embracing diversity of identity, thought, background, expression, and perspective can we solve today’s challenges and reimagine tomorrow’s world.
Location_formattedLocationLong: San Diego, California US