Location: Mexico City, Mexico MX
Requisition Number: 212508
Engineering Manager, Cloud Services
Are you passionate about building highly scalable, fault tolerant, elastic, and secure services in public cloud environments? Do you enjoy managing and providing technical leadership to a team of engineers?
Teradata, the world's leading data analytics company is looking for engineering managers who are passionate about building cloud services to join our Teradata Cloud team. This is a unique opportunity to join our team in a period of fast growth and expansion. If you are interested in working in a startup like environment where you can directly influence the future of cloud-based analytics solutions and services, then Teradata Cloud is the place for you. You will lead a team of engineers, to build cloud services that bring Teradata’s analytics capabilities to the public cloud platforms.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or related field or equivalent experience
- At least 7 years of hands-on software development experience.
- At least 3 years as an Engineering Manager or Technical Lead
- Experience with designing, building, and operating distributed complex software systems on Google Cloud Platform, AWS or Azure.
- Strong computer science fundamentals in data structures, algorithm design, and complexity analysis
- Demonstrated proficiency with at least one modern general-purpose programming languages like Java, C++, Go, Python, etc.
- Experience in building DevOps processes to support mission critical, 24x7 systems
- Experience in full stack development.
- Experience implementing software engineering best practices within your team.
- Experience with Teradata (or other RDMS) and NoSQL technologies.
- Experience with Serverless technologies provided by Public Cloud platforms
- Experience with Container related technologies like Docker, Kubernetes, etc.
*Our total compensation approach includes a competitive base salary, 401(k), strong work/family programs, and medical, dental and disability coverage.
Teradata is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and commits to hiring returning veterans.
City: Mexico City
Community / Marketing Title: Engineering Manager
Job Category: Engineering
Teradata (NYSE: TDC) is the leading multi-cloud data platform company for enterprise analytics, transforming how businesses work and people live through the power of data.
At Teradata, we are leading the data era. As enterprises address today’s digital economy, they are faced with new competition and consumer expectations and are turning to data to power their future. Teradata has worked with the largest companies in the world for 40+ years, bringing our experience and expertise to support global enterprises with their most demanding, mission-critical, complex, and large-scale data needs. Teradata is recognized as a leader in the cloud, data, and analytics spaces by top analyst firms, Gartner and Forrester, and Fortune Magazine as well.
Our connected multi-cloud data platform for enterprise analytics, Teradata Vantage™, is an extremely scalable, secure, and resilient offering that simplifies ecosystems by connecting data and making it easier to uncover insights from across the organization…regardless of where that data resides. With Vantage, we enable companies to modernize their data management, from start to scale. Every day, millions of users benefit from our open data platform. Empowering customers and partners to develop and build how they like, we enable hundreds of business outcomes and solutions, including improving customer experience and profitability, driving operational efficiency, realizing financial transformation, or achieving operational efficiency.
As the world of data grows, we are the leader in enabling the future of connected businesses, powered by data intelligence. We are committed to delivering on this vision by following sustainable business practices and with a strong focus on diversity, equity, and inclusion. We believe that only by embracing diversity of identity, thought, background, expression, and perspective can we solve today’s challenges and reimagine tomorrow’s world.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Mexico City, Mexico MX