Cloud Software Quality Engineer
Location: Mexico City, Mexico MX
Requisition Number: 212507
Cloud Software Quality Engineer
Are you passionate about building highly scalable, fault tolerant, elastic, and secure services in public cloud environments like Google Cloud, AWS, and Azure?
Teradata (NYSE: TDC), the world's leading data analytics company is looking for software quality engineers who are passionate about testing, automation, and quality to join our Teradata Vantage Cloud Platform team. This is a unique opportunity to join our team in a period of fast growth and expansion. If you are interested in working in a startup like environment where you can directly influence the future of cloud-based analytics solutions and services, then the Teradata Cloud is the place for you. You will join a team of engineers to build cloud services that bring Teradata’s analytics capabilities to the public cloud platforms. This position is part of the Cloud Platform Engineering Team focused on Multi-cloud infrastructure services.
As the Cloud Quality Engineer, you will be responsible for working with the various teams with-in the Multi-Cloud Infrastructure team, learning/understanding new cloud technologies, and services, defining test cases, setting up test environments, write test automation and maintaining the procedures and code for the testing functions of the project. Successful candidates would participate in our testing process and all the related technologies, environment and scenarios (including functional, performance, feature interaction, and regression testing) required to ensure a successful Cloud service development life-cycle and delivery. You will be well versed in working in and contributing to a fully agile and automated deployment and testing process. You will also be working with architects, security and operations teams to troubleshoot, investigate the issues and highlight the bugs and code defects.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or related field with at least 3 years of hands-on coding, testing, and test automation experience, or
- Master’s degree in computer science or related field with at least 1 year of hands-on coding, testing, and test automation experience.
- Passion for software quality and knack for identifying tests that break code.
- Experience working in Linux environment.
- Experience with Jenkins to build, test, and deploy software is highly preferred.
- Familiarity with REST APIs development.
- Understanding of Public cloud technologies (AWS, Azure or Google Cloud) and its related services.
- Strong understanding and prior experience of testing software and services in cloud environments.
- Familiarity and comfortable with at least one modern general-purpose programming languages like Java or Python or Go or node.js.
- Ability to work in a small team of development and quality engineers focused on testing a related set of features.
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills.
- Ability to work with various engineering teams, drive the quality mindset and Test-driven development methodologies and approaches.
- Implement test automations (scripts, components, test/monitoring services) that can validate/verify the service functionalities.
- Run tests when needed and validate the E2E scenarios.
- Experience with or Knowledge of Test frameworks such as Jasmine, Karma, Mocha, Protractor, etc.
- Familiarity with dev-ops and agile software development methods.
- Experience with Teradata (or other RDMS) and NoSQL technologies.
- Understanding and working knowledge of Docker container related technologies like Kubernetes, Mesos, etc is a plus.
- Previous coding experience and building a service in a plus.
- Experience with supporting mission critical, 24x7 systems.
*Our total compensation approach includes a competitive base salary, 401(k), strong work/family programs, and medical, dental and disability coverage.
Teradata is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and commits to hiring returning veterans.
City: Mexico City
Community / Marketing Title: Cloud Software Quality Engineer
Job Category: Engineering
Teradata (NYSE: TDC) is the leading multi-cloud data platform company for enterprise analytics, transforming how businesses work and people live through the power of data.
At Teradata, we are leading the data era. As enterprises address today’s digital economy, they are faced with new competition and consumer expectations and are turning to data to power their future. Teradata has worked with the largest companies in the world for 40+ years, bringing our experience and expertise to support global enterprises with their most demanding, mission-critical, complex, and large-scale data needs. Teradata is recognized as a leader in the cloud, data, and analytics spaces by top analyst firms, Gartner and Forrester, and Fortune Magazine as well.
Our connected multi-cloud data platform for enterprise analytics, Teradata Vantage™, is an extremely scalable, secure, and resilient offering that simplifies ecosystems by connecting data and making it easier to uncover insights from across the organization…regardless of where that data resides. With Vantage, we enable companies to modernize their data management, from start to scale. Every day, millions of users benefit from our open data platform. Empowering customers and partners to develop and build how they like, we enable hundreds of business outcomes and solutions, including improving customer experience and profitability, driving operational efficiency, realizing financial transformation, or achieving operational efficiency.
As the world of data grows, we are the leader in enabling the future of connected businesses, powered by data intelligence. We are committed to delivering on this vision by following sustainable business practices and with a strong focus on diversity, equity, and inclusion. We believe that only by embracing diversity of identity, thought, background, expression, and perspective can we solve today’s challenges and reimagine tomorrow’s world.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Mexico City, Mexico MX