Benchmark and Demonstration Marketing Specialist (Global Virtual)
Location: San Diego, California, United States
Requisition Number: 212500
Benchmark and Demonstration Marketing Specialist
We are looking for people that have experience in benchmarks, POC’s, POVs, and demonstrations of technology to build the collateral to help the sales teams win business by showing customers and prospected that we can meet their needs better than any alternative. They may need to provide hands-on support for applying materials in critical engagements.
The Benchmark and Demonstration Marketing Specialist needs to:
- Develop and document demonstrations and tools that can be re-applied by field teams to support sales motions
- Design and lead implementation of packages to generate and load industry specific data for use in demonstrations
- Provide training materials for field teams on strategy and use of materials
- Provide guidance to critical engagements on competitive tactics
- lead benchmark workshops to document critical success factors and document a project of sufficient scope to support the customer/prospect technology selection
- be brave enough to assess engagements that won’t provide valuable input to customer/prospect technology selections and stand up to field sales executives to stop bad engagements
- coach teams in techniques for quick benchmark implementation,
- assist in the analysis of customer production requirements and benchmark results
- “hack” software you’ve never seen before to install, configure, and demonstrate basic use by following documentation and using web searches.
- Experience in presenting at the DBA level and the Customer Executive level.
- Strong PowerPoint and Word skills
- Experience working as a DBA for a production system or supporting DBAs
- Strong skills in one or more Enterprise Class DBMSs
- Experience in cloud implementations
- Strong Excel skills including pivot tables and graphs
- Experience in production ETL/ELT applications and writing analytic queries. Specific experience in one or more ETL/ELT or BI tools is a plus.
- Basic Linux system admin skills and strong skills in Linux scripting
- Experience in automating mundane DBA tasks and Linux file manipulation
And, If possible:
- Strong skills in Teradata SQL, TASM and Teradata Utilities
- Java programming skills
CountryEEOText_Description: Teradata invites all identities and backgrounds in the workplace. We work with deliberation and intent to ensure we are cultivating collaboration and inclusivity across our global organization. We are proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, ancestry, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions), national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, military and veteran status, or any other legally protected status. Consistent with Colorado law, Colorado applicants can email the email@example.com inbox to receive the compensation range information for this role. Please provide proof of Colorado residency in your request.
City: San Diego
Community / Marketing Title: Benchmark and Demonstration Marketing Specialist (Global Virtual)
Job Category: Marketing
Teradata is the connected multi-cloud data platform for enterprise analytics company. Our enterprise analytics solve business challenges from start to scale. Only Teradata gives you the flexibility to handle the massive and mixed data workloads of the future, today.
The Teradata Vantage architecture is cloud native, delivered as-a-service, and built on an open ecosystem. These design features make Vantage the ideal platform to optimize price performance in a multi-cloud environment.
Location_formattedLocationLong: San Diego, California US