Director Salesforce Platform and Technology Services
Location: San Diego, California US
Requisition Number: 212498
The Director Salesforce Platform and Technology Services - Global IT, Security, Analytics Team is responsible to drive the overall strategic direction of the Salesforce platform and manage the implementation of prioritized projects and sustaining support of Salesforce and all integrated technologies. The role provides leadership to the Salesforce technology team ensuring the platform is continuously optimized to meet the prioritized needs of the business community with high measured business value. In addition, this Director role will be responsible for managing platform support and the implementation of enhancements across the Salesforce Platform through our agile continuous delivery process.
What You Get To Do In This Role
This Director position will lead our Salesforce.com lightning Platform program and all the installed applications including but not limited to FinancialForce and CPQ, as well as numerous integrated technologies. The role also has direct oversight of our skilled Salesforce.com lightening platform technology employees within our global IT organization as well as our supporting contingent offshore and onshore staff. The primary scope of responsibility will span Teradata’s Salesforce lightening platform as well as numerous integrated technologies supporting our Sales, Consulting and Marketing organizations. Key business stakeholders within Sales, go to market, and Marketing business units will be key and critical business partners for this position.
The ideal candidate will have experience building and cultivating business stakeholder relationships, leading highly experienced Salesforce platform application support and development teams, be an excellent communicator and trusted technology partner to business stakeholders with demonstrated experience managing onshore and offshore technology resources.
The responsibilities of this role are:
- Provide leadership to the Salesforce platform technology team
- Serve as the trusted technology partner and advisor to key business stakeholders in Sales, go to market, and Marketing
- Management of the Salesforce team on-shore, off-shore, and contingent work staff
- Management of the Salesforce platform ecosystem by tracking changes, ensuring maintenance and platform health checks are completed, usage and maintenance agreements are in place and managed, and overall 3 year strategic plans are created and socialized
- Provide technical advice and guidance to the Salesforce technology team and the business stakeholders
- Provide oversight and support on delivery of projects, acting as a point of escalation for the team and internal stakeholders, facilitate communication on any critical issues
- Work collaboratively with the Business and other IT teams to deliver value to Teradata
- Adhere to and utilize company Internal Controls procedure related to release and change management
- Partner with the IT organization to ensure that the incident, problem, and change management processes are properly followed
- Manage and monitor SLA’s.
- Manage compliance with Teradata ITS third-party application license agreements
- Manage SOX audit process and provide documentation regarding SOX audit
- Partner with application vendors to deliver periodic strategic account reviews
- Manage and reduce technical debt
- Monitors team execution and ensures that procedures are effective and efficient via continuous improvement process
- Available to travel as required and allowed based on corporate guidelines for successful delivery of initiatives; Domestic Travel:10-15%, International Travelfor this role is possible, although generally infrequent. All safety considerations will be considered regarding COVID-19.
In order to be successful in this role, we need someone who has:
- Experience at the Senior Manager or Director level managing Salesforce technology teams covering the functions of support, design/development, project implementation, and strategic vision
- Experience with management of the Salesforce lightening platform and integrated technologies and installed applications with global user scope of more than 5000+ users and multiple time zones
- 5+ years of prior leadership experience with the Salesforce platform or applicable SaaS platform
- Applicable Salesforce certifications required
- Expert level communications agent with proven, seasoned expertise in managing efforts across silos as well as upwards to C-level members of the company
- Seasoned with diverse systems landscapes and integration needs within the Salesforce platform ecosystem
- Minimum BS/BA in business or a technical field with 5+ years of directly relevant experience.
- Preferred Master’s degree with 5+ years of applicable business experience, with at least five (3) years of management experience. (minimum 3 years’ experience with at least 10 or more direct reports)
- Comprehensive and demonstrable understanding and experience in managing level 2 and 3 global support staff
- Outstanding leadership and organizational skills
- Demonstrated success in managing and developing highly skilled Salesforce technologists
- Ability to address and resolve difficult situations even under time pressure, and priority conflicts
- Strong Program/Project Management Skills - Demonstrated success in large project implementations with a global footprint
- Strong problem solving and analytical capabilities
- Vast and demonstrated experience leading, collaborating, and supporting business leaders within a large corporate environment
- Demonstrated ability to influence and manage the expectations of stakeholders, team members, management, and external partners
- Data driven leadership style driving change and adoption of key business processes and Salesforce platform technologies utilizing business data and related key performance indicators
CountryEEOText_Description: Teradata invites all identities and backgrounds in the workplace. We work with deliberation and intent to ensure we are cultivating collaboration and inclusivity across our global organization. We are proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, ancestry, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions), national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, military and veteran status, or any other legally protected status. Consistent with Colorado law, Colorado applicants can email the Ask.HR@teradata.com inbox to receive the compensation range information for this role. Please provide proof of Colorado residency in your request.
City: San Diego
Community / Marketing Title: Director Salesforce Platform and Technology Services
Job Category: IT
Teradata (NYSE: TDC) is the leading multi-cloud data platform company for enterprise analytics, transforming how businesses work and people live through the power of data.
At Teradata, we are leading the data era. As enterprises address today’s digital economy, they are faced with new competition and consumer expectations and are turning to data to power their future. Teradata has worked with the largest companies in the world for 40+ years, bringing our experience and expertise to support global enterprises with their most demanding, mission-critical, complex, and large-scale data needs. Teradata is recognized as a leader in the cloud, data, and analytics spaces by top analyst firms, Gartner and Forrester, and Fortune Magazine as well.
Our connected multi-cloud data platform for enterprise analytics, Teradata Vantage™, is an extremely scalable, secure, and resilient offering that simplifies ecosystems by connecting data and making it easier to uncover insights from across the organization…regardless of where that data resides. With Vantage, we enable companies to modernize their data management, from start to scale. Every day, millions of users benefit from our open data platform. Empowering customers and partners to develop and build how they like, we enable hundreds of business outcomes and solutions, including improving customer experience and profitability, driving operational efficiency, realizing financial transformation, or achieving operational efficiency.
As the world of data grows, we are the leader in enabling the future of connected businesses, powered by data intelligence. We are committed to delivering on this vision by following sustainable business practices and with a strong focus on diversity, equity, and inclusion. We believe that only by embracing diversity of identity, thought, background, expression, and perspective can we solve today’s challenges and reimagine tomorrow’s world.
Location_formattedLocationLong: San Diego, California US