FedRAMP DevOps Engineer (Virtual-US)
Location: San Diego, California US
Requisition Number: 212497
FedRAMP DevOps Engineer, Cloud Operations
Location: San Diego, CA Preferred; (Virtual-US OK)
Teradata, the world's leading data analytics company, is growing our Cloud Operations team and we’re looking for individuals that exemplify our principle of Customer Obsession through operational excellence, leadership, and a passion to continually be the voice of the customer. This is a unique opportunity to join our team in a period of fast growth and expansion. If you are interested in working in a dynamic and fast-paced environment where you can directly influence the future of cloud-based analytics solutions and services, then the Teradata Cloud is the place for you. You will actively develop and implement state-of-the-art technical solutions, including capabilities to support elastic scalability, on-demand self-service, disaster recovery, and usage-based consumption, to enable customers to solve their most complex data analytics challenges.
Teradata is seeking a DevOps Engineer to join our Cloud organization and leverage their technical acumen to design, develop, implement, and support Teradata’s federal government Cloud solutions.
This role is open to US citizens residing within the US only.
What You’ll Do
- Improve system monitoring and observability through log analysis, dashboard creation, and automated alerts based on established service level objectives (SLO) and service level agreements (SLA)
- Work with Cloud and security architecture teams in specifying technical requirements to support shared components deployed according to DoD RMF and Mil-Spec requirements
- Build automation frameworks and systems to improve time to delivery using modern CI/CD systems
- Review and update FedRAMP System Security Plan (SSP), policies, and procedures as needed
- Perform and improve operational functions, such as reliability and maintenance of productions systems
- Identify opportunities to leverage automation to improve security and build the tools necessary to execute improvements
- Participate in on-call for escalated support of production customer and systems
- Active Security Clearance or Eligible to Obtain as Condition of Employment
- US Citizen
- 5+ years of Cloud Operations / Engineering experience
- 3+ years of experience with a strong focus on automation in a large-scale SaaS environment
- Strong knowledge of NIST 800-30, 800-37, 800-53, and FIPS 140.2 publications
- Previous experience working within government compliance standards including FedRAMP, FISMA, and DoD RMF required
- Strong hands-on system administrator experience on public cloud platforms on at least one of the big three (Google Cloud, AWS, and Azure) required
- Experience with automated configuration management and deployment using tools such as Ansible, Puppet, Chef, and Python required
- Experience with automated test and build systems such as Jenkins, Maven, Antpreferred
- Experience with Monitoring and reporting tools such as DataDog, New Relic, Nagios, and Graphite
- Experience working in hybrid environment preferred
- CCSP, PCI QSA, CISSP, or CISA certifications a plus
- Bachelor’s Degree in computer science or related field preferred
- Teradata experience is a plus
CountryEEOText_Description: Teradata invites all identities and backgrounds in the workplace. We work with deliberation and intent to ensure we are cultivating collaboration and inclusivity across our global organization. We are proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, ancestry, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions), national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, military and veteran status, or any other legally protected status. Consistent with Colorado law, Colorado applicants can email the Ask.HR@teradata.com inbox to receive the compensation range information for this role. Please provide proof of Colorado residency in your request.
City: San Diego
Community / Marketing Title: FedRAMP DevOps Engineer (Virtual-US)
Job Category: Engineering
Teradata (NYSE: TDC) is the leading multi-cloud data platform company for enterprise analytics, transforming how businesses work and people live through the power of data.
At Teradata, we are leading the data era. As enterprises address today’s digital economy, they are faced with new competition and consumer expectations and are turning to data to power their future. Teradata has worked with the largest companies in the world for 40+ years, bringing our experience and expertise to support global enterprises with their most demanding, mission-critical, complex, and large-scale data needs. Teradata is recognized as a leader in the cloud, data, and analytics spaces by top analyst firms, Gartner and Forrester, and Fortune Magazine as well.
Our connected multi-cloud data platform for enterprise analytics, Teradata Vantage™, is an extremely scalable, secure, and resilient offering that simplifies ecosystems by connecting data and making it easier to uncover insights from across the organization…regardless of where that data resides. With Vantage, we enable companies to modernize their data management, from start to scale. Every day, millions of users benefit from our open data platform. Empowering customers and partners to develop and build how they like, we enable hundreds of business outcomes and solutions, including improving customer experience and profitability, driving operational efficiency, realizing financial transformation, or achieving operational efficiency.
As the world of data grows, we are the leader in enabling the future of connected businesses, powered by data intelligence. We are committed to delivering on this vision by following sustainable business practices and with a strong focus on diversity, equity, and inclusion. We believe that only by embracing diversity of identity, thought, background, expression, and perspective can we solve today’s challenges and reimagine tomorrow’s world.
Location_formattedLocationLong: San Diego, California US