Senior Director, DevOps and Cloud Operations (Virtual-US)
Location: San Diego, California US
Requisition Number: 212492
Senior Director, DevOps and Cloud Operations
Location: San Diego, CA Preferred; Virtual-US OK
Teradata is looking for a leader for the global Cloud DevOps organization. Deploying industry-leading best practice processes, best-in-class technology, and radically simplified service delivery, the Cloud DevOps team is responsible for providing continuous delivery and operations of cloud services and infrastructure as well as ensuring performance and maximizing availability for cloud customers. These teams are responsible for ensuring standardized and seamless services delivery across Teradata’s private and public cloud deployment models and enabling a best-in-class integrated Customer experience. In this highly visible leadership role, you will be responsible for developing solutions, tools, and processes to enable a highly available, reliable, and scalable global multi-cloud platform. You will drive the strategy for this organization and your strong execution across cloud vendors will drive high-performing teams to deliver high-quality cloud operations and ongoing support ensuring critical service level objectives, customer requirements, and financial objectives are met.
What You'll Do
- Continuously evolve the security, reliability, and scalability of the cloud platforms to position Teradata as best-in-class with our customers
- Create and execute strategies for cloud operations tooling and automation needed to underpin daily cloud operations tasks and run-books effectively providing a framework that allows us to meet our SLAs
- Define the lifecycle automation and tooling needs for the cloud operations team and help determine how these tools & solutions can help drive consistency and efficiency
- Lead a best-in-class Site Reliability Engineering (SRE) team, applying software engineering principles and best practices focusing on monitoring, lifecycle automation, and security configuration
- Support the global incident response process, ensuring that the cloud support team has the tools & solutions required for the timely resolution of customer issues
- Provide escalation support for advanced troubleshooting
- Design tools and automation to prevent problem recurrence
- Build strong cross-functional relationships with Product Engineering to ensure that the hand-off to cloud operations is achieved in a controlled manner, the products and solutions are fully tested and ready for production use, and that any bugs or issues are raised and regularly reviewed
- Collaborate with Product Management on product roadmaps ensuring incorporation of feedback on operational priorities, specifically around non-functional requirements. Also, ensure the review and prioritization of new platform features as appropriate
- Manage a team charged with cost transparency and usage reporting in support of the consumption-based pricing model for all our cloud environments; Implement effective methods to monitor and track against critical metrics and requirements and engage in regular reviews with Finance and Product Management
- Provide oversight and direction to the Teradata private cloud team responsible for maintaining the Teradata Private Cloud including management of the data centers and the associated customer environments
- Attract and retain top talent, promote career development, and manage global cross-functional high-performing teams
- Bachelor's degree or higher in computer science, engineering, or another related technical field
- 12+ years of relevant technical experience including experience developing/delivering Cloud Services
- Experience leading the development of more than one of the following in a Cloud Provider environment: Microsoft Azure, AWS, or Google Cloud Platform
- Solid understanding of modern cloud technologies and best practices
- Strong customer focus and troubleshooting skills to resolve incidents across multiple domains
- Experience with cloud cost optimization and management strategies
- Strong leadership and communication skills with a proven track record of identifying and developing talent within globally dispersed teams
CountryEEOText_Description: Teradata invites all identities and backgrounds in the workplace. We work with deliberation and intent to ensure we are cultivating collaboration and inclusivity across our global organization. We are proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, ancestry, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions), national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, military and veteran status, or any other legally protected status. Consistent with Colorado law, Colorado applicants can email the Ask.HR@teradata.com inbox to receive the compensation range information for this role. Please provide proof of Colorado residency in your request.
City: San Diego
Community / Marketing Title: Senior Director, DevOps and Cloud Operations (Virtual-US)
Job Category: Engineering
Teradata (NYSE: TDC) is the leading multi-cloud data platform company for enterprise analytics, transforming how businesses work and people live through the power of data.
At Teradata, we are leading the data era. As enterprises address today’s digital economy, they are faced with new competition and consumer expectations and are turning to data to power their future. Teradata has worked with the largest companies in the world for 40+ years, bringing our experience and expertise to support global enterprises with their most demanding, mission-critical, complex, and large-scale data needs. Teradata is recognized as a leader in the cloud, data, and analytics spaces by top analyst firms, Gartner and Forrester, and Fortune Magazine as well.
Our connected multi-cloud data platform for enterprise analytics, Teradata Vantage™, is an extremely scalable, secure, and resilient offering that simplifies ecosystems by connecting data and making it easier to uncover insights from across the organization…regardless of where that data resides. With Vantage, we enable companies to modernize their data management, from start to scale. Every day, millions of users benefit from our open data platform. Empowering customers and partners to develop and build how they like, we enable hundreds of business outcomes and solutions, including improving customer experience and profitability, driving operational efficiency, realizing financial transformation, or achieving operational efficiency.
As the world of data grows, we are the leader in enabling the future of connected businesses, powered by data intelligence. We are committed to delivering on this vision by following sustainable business practices and with a strong focus on diversity, equity, and inclusion. We believe that only by embracing diversity of identity, thought, background, expression, and perspective can we solve today’s challenges and reimagine tomorrow’s world.
Location_formattedLocationLong: San Diego, California US