Administrative Assistant, Product Management Organization
Location: San Diego, California US
Requisition Number: 212487
Executive Assistant to the SVP of Product Management for Vantage Cloud
Location: San Diego, CA
Teradata is currently seeking an energetic and highly detail-oriented self-starter with excellent people skills to support and partner with the SVP of Product Management in our San Diego office. The Executive Assistant must be able to operate within a fast-paced, rapidly changing growth environment. S/he must be flexible and demonstrate the ability to manage ambiguity.
The ideal candidate is a results-oriented, self-motivator who can work proactively and independently. S/he must also operate within a high level of confidentiality, possess excellent interpersonal skills, experience with project coordination, and the ability to engage effectively with all levels of internal management and staff, outside clients and vendors.
How You’ll Make a Difference
As an Executive Assistant, you will work strategically and tactically, interfacing with business units and functions across the company which are critical to the future success of the company. You will understand the inner workings of the product organization and business to handle interesting yet challenging logistics.
Role and Responsibilities
- This position requires in-depth knowledge of the company operations, policies and procedures and to become a trusted adviser for the leadership team.
- Requirements gathering and preparation of information for use in discussions/meetings of executive staff and external individuals.
- Provide editorial assistance and review for department-generated documents (as needed).
- Manage sensitive, highly confidential, personal, and proprietary information with discretion and confidentiality.
- Communicate with the highest degree of efficiency and clarity via email, text, messaging, and telephone.
- Exercise judgment within generally defined practices and policies in selecting methods and techniques for achieving results and solutions.
- Facilitate in staff meetings and manage action items and follow ups.
- Manage team calendar activities including business and personal, prioritizing functions and appointments to ensure meetings, deadlines, presentations, and other duties are completed.
- Arrange and book international and domestic travel, organizing on-location car transportation, hotel accommodations, conferences, and meals as needed.
- Prepare comprehensive travel itineraries and contact lists specific to each trip and orchestrate all business trips from start to finish within travel preferences of the SVP.
- Manage expenses, support special projects and financial reporting, as requested.
- Deploy and use with proficiency on a regular basis: O365, Workday Expense, GetThere Travel, HR forms, AmEx Purchasing and Travel Card reconciliation, etc.
- Candidates must have a minimum of 5+ years hands on experience expediting business projects in support of a senior executive in a complex organization.
- Must be highly flexible, stress tolerant and motivated, able to troubleshoot issues and work with limited supervision as well as in a team setting.
- Excellent professional ethics, integrity, and judgment.
- Extensive experience managing intricate professional/personal schedule, travel, and expenses.
- Must possess the confidence and self-awareness to make executive decisions about scheduling and other necessary matters on behalf of the Executive.
- Highly proficient in O365, Workday, Excel/Sheets and the ability to learn new software quickly.
- Candidate should be well-organized and detail-oriented with the ability to multi-task with a track record as a strategic thinker capable of foreseeing impacts of simultaneous projects.
- This role requires a strong judgment, decision making, time management, and prioritizing skills.
- Must be energetic, positive, outgoing, proactive, and resourceful.
- Associates or bachelor’s degree is preferred
- Experience working with a multi-national company and in technology industry, a plus.
CountryEEOText_Description: Teradata invites all identities and backgrounds in the workplace. We work with deliberation and intent to ensure we are cultivating collaboration and inclusivity across our global organization. We are proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, ancestry, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions), national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, military and veteran status, or any other legally protected status. Consistent with Colorado law, Colorado applicants can email the Ask.HR@teradata.com inbox to receive the compensation range information for this role. Please provide proof of Colorado residency in your request.
City: San Diego
Community / Marketing Title: Administrative Assistant, Product Management Organization
Job Category: Administrative
Teradata (NYSE: TDC) is the leading multi-cloud data platform company for enterprise analytics, transforming how businesses work and people live through the power of data.
At Teradata, we are leading the data era. As enterprises address today’s digital economy, they are faced with new competition and consumer expectations and are turning to data to power their future. Teradata has worked with the largest companies in the world for 40+ years, bringing our experience and expertise to support global enterprises with their most demanding, mission-critical, complex, and large-scale data needs. Teradata is recognized as a leader in the cloud, data, and analytics spaces by top analyst firms, Gartner and Forrester, and Fortune Magazine as well.
Our connected multi-cloud data platform for enterprise analytics, Teradata Vantage™, is an extremely scalable, secure, and resilient offering that simplifies ecosystems by connecting data and making it easier to uncover insights from across the organization…regardless of where that data resides. With Vantage, we enable companies to modernize their data management, from start to scale. Every day, millions of users benefit from our open data platform. Empowering customers and partners to develop and build how they like, we enable hundreds of business outcomes and solutions, including improving customer experience and profitability, driving operational efficiency, realizing financial transformation, or achieving operational efficiency.
As the world of data grows, we are the leader in enabling the future of connected businesses, powered by data intelligence. We are committed to delivering on this vision by following sustainable business practices and with a strong focus on diversity, equity, and inclusion. We believe that only by embracing diversity of identity, thought, background, expression, and perspective can we solve today’s challenges and reimagine tomorrow’s world.
Location_formattedLocationLong: San Diego, California US