VP, Global Google Alliance
Location: San Diego, California US
Requisition Number: 212482
Global Vice President, Google Alliance
Teradata is the leading multi-cloud data warehouse company. We are a cloud-first platform company, driving business outcomes for our customers. Our data warehouse platform is extensible, providing fundamental capabilities to enable our customers to build and/or buy solutions. A modern Google business is critical to Teradata's cloud-first growth strategy and to maximize value to customers. The Google Alliance team is accountable to build the strategy and convert it into execution and ultimately into results.
Teradata is looking for a highly motivated and experienced individual to own, manage, grow and develop Teradata’s global partnership with the Google Platform, as well as taking a lead role in developing and supporting our broad Private/Hybrid Cloud strategy. Teradata is a leader in the Analytics market with offerings that span Cloud, On-Premises and Hybrid Cloud solutions. Google is a strategic Cloud partner for Teradata and is a top three Cloud provider. The candidate for this role will own the success of our overall Google alliance and results, including program management, contract management, funnel management, governance, financial metrics and will collaborate cross-functionally with product management on roadmap and supporting the GTM sales teams and regional partner organizations. If you are a high energy, collaborative individual who can manage multiple touch points, take ownership of the business and create strong connections across the organization and work collaboratively to support the success of our business within Teradata and the Cloud organization, this is the role for you.
Applicants should have a proven track record in general management of a Partner and experience working with Cloud vendors and Independent Software Vendors (ISV’s). The scope of the role includes identification of new business opportunities with or through the Cloud Partner, including growth within existing Teradata accounts, management of the alliance and sales engagement process to gain agreement with requisite stakeholders on execution. The applicant will own the overarching alliance relationship & drive to execution alongside Google, actively engage in sales calls and maintain up to date best practices on partnership. As well, the ideal candidate will assume accountability around our hybrid/private cloud capabilities. This person will possess exceptional strategy and interpersonal skills, solid understanding of Cloud Provider technology & GTM, and a deep understanding of Teradata strategies and business model. 3 key objectives for this role will be to Build, Enable & Activate:
- Build: Develop a global Google & Hybrid/Private Cloud business strategy, tightly aligned to the cloud-first company strategy, and integrated into the GTM strategy. Construct the required global and regional programs.
- Enable: Identify, recruit, and enable a high-performing team of experienced Alliance Managers
- Activate: Build and execute in region GTM plans, targeting high potential industries, customers, prospects, and/or workloads with particular emphasis on joint Teradata & Google co-selling.
These objectives will yield high impact business outcomes for our customers and drive Teradata recurring revenue. Key focus areas include:
- Execute on the Teradata Google strategy through a Corporate, Region and Field interaction model; attract and enable necessary talent for optimal result.
- Develop and execute aligned Cloud GTM plans & strategic agreements with Google, providing operating guardrails and acceleration of our mutual business.
- Gain insight & understanding of where Google is going to market. Provide regular feedback into Prod Mgmt. to ensure Teradata brings the right cloud offerings & programs to effectively compete. Work with Google partner teams to qualify & develop deals, and the technology requirements enabling adoption, consumption, and expansion.
- Fully leverage the focused, scalable programs Google uses to drive Cloud ARR, and drive the operational planning to fully optimize assets like Marketplaces, Co-Sell, digital partner assets & demand generation programs.
- Develop and execute the Teradata Hybrid/Private Cloud strategy.
- Provide technical assistance & strategic advice across all Cloud Providers.
Applicants should have a proven track record in general management of partners, and experience working with Cloud vendors and Independent Software Vendors (ISV’s). The scope of the role includes identification of new business opportunities with or through the Cloud Partner, including growth within existing Teradata accounts, management of the Alliance and sales engagement process to gain agreement with requisite stakeholders on execution. The applicant will own the relationship with Google, support sales and maintain up to date best practices on partnership. The role will require exceptional strategy and interpersonal skills, solid understanding of the Cloud Provider technology & GTM, and a deep understanding of Teradata strategies and business model.
- Recruit and manage a world class team of Google Alliance Managers
- Own development of the Google component of Teradata’s cloud-first strategy, clearly framing every function (sales, product and engineering, consulting, customer success, operations, etc.) and drive ongoing internal cross-functional alignment with appropriate members of the Leadership across
- Own development of the Hybrid/Private component of the Teradata cloud-first strategy.
- Growth and engagement through the typical Data & Analytics horizontal Service Lines, but also expansion via an Industry focus through the Google’s own solutions and Client Org.
- Responsible for the Google operating budgets within the Cloud Business Unit: program; monitor and control expenditures; manage variance between budgeted and actual expenditures of time, dollars and personnel while meeting overall Global financial objectives.
- Execute Google business partnership strategy with and through global and regional sales, consulting, customer success and operations leadership, ultimately driving Google and Teradata seamless alignment in front of customers and prospects, leading to value for all (customer, partner, & Teradata)
- Expand & extend alliance relationships with Google deep understanding of joint value exchange, drive expansion opportunities, develop and drive joint go-to-market strategies, and deploy joint offers to the field
- Drive yearly and quarterly planning reviews with Google and integrate Google directly into the Teradata account planning process
- Manage/support the contractual engagement with Google, construct joint messaging, and support field engagement and enablement programs.
Key Performance indicators:
Examples of metrics (to be scoped and agreed) may include financial (annual recurring revenue; pipeline, conversion rates) and non-financial such as co-sell, deal registrations (active deals, dose ratio, people trained (technical & sales), sector specific initiatives, team leadership, GTM Sales team satisfaction, number of executive connections and advocates within Google, partner satisfaction. Operationalize metrics for broad consumption and sales action modification.
Education and skills you’ll use:
- A bachelor’s degree (graduate degree a plus) as well as 15+ years’ experience in managing complex alliances/relationships/agreements with one or more of the following skills:
- A strong understanding of and practical experience in alliance management specifically within high-tech at a strategic, tactical and operational level.
- Strategy, business planning formulation and execution experience, with measurable results.
- Experience managing complex relationships across multiple organizations, levels and disciplines.
- Ability to manage a complex selling environment where objectives between the Cloud Partner and Teradata may not always be aligned.
- High degree of executive presence; proven ability and experience to operate effectively at senior management and C-executive levels.
- Demonstrated ability to quickly gain trust and credibility
- Strong Interpersonal and communication skills. Ability to deliver effective diplomatic communications as well as handle sensitive information and materials in a confidential manner
- Technical background in databases, enterprise software, and current knowledge of Teradata solutions is desired.
- Passion to win, entrepreneurial, high energy, collaborative, responsive, and results-driven self-starter
- Ability to deal well with change and be a team player, builder, and leader.
- Excellent presentation skills and confidence
The successful candidate will report directly to the SVP, WW Partners & Alliances; they will work from a Teradata facility or virtual, and will be expected to travel on business (25-40% travel).
CountryEEOText_Description: Teradata invites all identities and backgrounds in the workplace. We work with deliberation and intent to ensure we are cultivating collaboration and inclusivity across our global organization. We are proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, ancestry, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions), national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, military and veteran status, or any other legally protected status. Consistent with Colorado law, Colorado applicants can email the Ask.HR@teradata.com inbox to receive the compensation range information for this role. Please provide proof of Colorado residency in your request.
City: San Diego
Community / Marketing Title: VP, Global Google Alliance
Job Category: Sales
Teradata (NYSE: TDC) is the leading multi-cloud data platform company for enterprise analytics, transforming how businesses work and people live through the power of data.
At Teradata, we are leading the data era. As enterprises address today’s digital economy, they are faced with new competition and consumer expectations and are turning to data to power their future. Teradata has worked with the largest companies in the world for 40+ years, bringing our experience and expertise to support global enterprises with their most demanding, mission-critical, complex, and large-scale data needs. Teradata is recognized as a leader in the cloud, data, and analytics spaces by top analyst firms, Gartner and Forrester, and Fortune Magazine as well.
Our connected multi-cloud data platform for enterprise analytics, Teradata Vantage™, is an extremely scalable, secure, and resilient offering that simplifies ecosystems by connecting data and making it easier to uncover insights from across the organization…regardless of where that data resides. With Vantage, we enable companies to modernize their data management, from start to scale. Every day, millions of users benefit from our open data platform. Empowering customers and partners to develop and build how they like, we enable hundreds of business outcomes and solutions, including improving customer experience and profitability, driving operational efficiency, realizing financial transformation, or achieving operational efficiency.
As the world of data grows, we are the leader in enabling the future of connected businesses, powered by data intelligence. We are committed to delivering on this vision by following sustainable business practices and with a strong focus on diversity, equity, and inclusion. We believe that only by embracing diversity of identity, thought, background, expression, and perspective can we solve today’s challenges and reimagine tomorrow’s world.
Location_formattedLocationLong: San Diego, California US