VP, Customer Services & Support – Americas
Location: San Diego, California US
Requisition Number: 212433
Teradata is currently seeking a Vice President, Services and Support – Americas to join our global field services organization, which is made up of a team of experts managing the customers experience. This role is responsible for end-to-end customer service delivery within the Americas region, which includes North and South America.
The VP, Services and Support - Americas for Teradata will report to the Executive Vice President of Services and Support for Teradata. They will be accountable for the customer experience and relationship across all product lines and includes Managed Services, Cloud Services and Customer Support. Key responsibilities include driving growth and profitability through flawless execution and delivery across Americas, executing on Teradata’s strategies and leading effective change management across the Americas region as we further refine our strategy and direction to transform the current field services organization into a cloud field services organization.
The VP, Services and Support, Americas, will regularly partner with leaders across Teradata globally and locally. This role will lead and execute go to market strategies in Americas to deliver Teradata’s revenue and margin commitments, optimize profitability, and strategically deploy customer-facing teams aligned with region and company strategies. S/he will also ensure that the team executes on the broad company imperatives within the region by driving initiatives that are closely associated with regional strategies, go-to-market directives, and customers’ and employee’s needs. In addition, this person will ensure service sales effectiveness and delivery. S/he will be responsible for developing, motivating, and retaining, talent and foster a high performing culture. In addition, the role requires leadership participation in the cross functional Teradata Americas Leadership Council, designed to ensure a collaborative and coordinated approach to surfacing, addressing and enabling a positive customer and employee experience in region.
- Develop and build the services business plan for the Americas region ensuring connectivity across geo, sales, consulting resources, while providing focus in the development of capabilities, including recruiting, investment decisions, pricing, and professional development.
- Develop strategies and XaaS affiliated offerings in partnership with Product Management that are relevant to Teradata prospects and allows the organization to evolve ahead of changes in business conditions.
- Develop long-term strategic relationships with key prospects, industry partners, and external organizations.
- Facilitate a work environment that enables the recruitment, development and retention of talent that has an XaaS mindset to drive growth and increased profitability.
- Responsible for end-to-end service delivery to customers, whether delivered directly by the geographically deployed resources or in partnership with other organizations within Customer Support and Services.
- Primary contact for customer and market interactions as the field services delivery leader within region.
- Leads all operational aspects of Field Services to speed time-to-value by offering deep experience, best-in-class tools and provide processes to deliver an exceptional experience to end users.
- Ensure processes are optimized to pro-actively protect service quality and delivery through controls and processes
- In partnership with regional peers, define the vision, strategy and direction to further transform and enable a Cloud Services organization, with the customer at the center.
- Manage, foster and grow relationships at the executive level with high visibility key clients.
Knowledge, Experience and Skills:
- The position requires a bachelor’s and or master’s degree in business and or technology, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- A minimum of 15 years of progressive leadership, general management and regional experience and 10 years of relevant industry experience in a combination of product engineering, cloud services, and field services.
- Specific experience modernizing a service delivery process and creating XaaS processes.
- Proven experience leading organizational transformation and large cross-functional teams supporting multiple product lines.
- Strong analytical skills and experience translating a strategic vision into an actionable operational model.
- Customer obsessed with significant experience in working with customers to drive offerings and operational execution.
- Demonstrated track record of exercising solid judgment in a range of customer and business situations.
- Ability to influence customer and/or organizational leadership to accomplish objectives.
- Demonstrated strength in hiring, recruiting, managing, developing, coaching, and retaining individuals and teams, empowering them to elevate their levels of responsibility, span-of-control and performance.
- Collaborative and flexible style with a strong customer service mentality; ability to quickly build rapport and credibility.
- Strong operational knowledge and experience with field services offerings and platforms.
- Experience working in a multi-national, multi-cultural matrix environments and world class organizations that have a reputation for being well disciplined, highly professional services/sales/consulting teams.
Your Critical Skills:
Services and Support Leadership
- Ability to motivate and empower a services team to enable a differentiated customer experience. This includes providing a shared vision, modeling the way, and challenging the status quo to champion new initiatives. This competency involves providing clear direction and creating an environment that fosters professional and personal success in a multicultural environment.
- Coaching and Development: The ability to individually coach, mentor and develop services team members to enhance their performance on providing value added services from demand generation through delivery. Also, to evaluate performance and provide individual mentoring and development plans.
- Cross cultural experience leading teams and growth across Americas region.
This is an ideal role for a high performing services or sales executive who is looking for their next opportunity and interested in building, but not from scratch and at scale, in an environment where we are investing in our tools, technology, process, practices and people. Our preference is for candidates that can “hit the ground running” and bring experience in the ecosystems we operate in - high tech industry and/or professional / consulting services.
CountryEEOText_Description: Teradata invites all identities and backgrounds in the workplace. We work with deliberation and intent to ensure we are cultivating collaboration and inclusivity across our global organization. We are proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, ancestry, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions), national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, military and veteran status, or any other legally protected status. Consistent with Colorado law, Colorado applicants can email the Ask.HR@teradata.com inbox to receive the compensation range information for this role. Please provide proof of Colorado residency in your request.
City: San Diego
Community / Marketing Title: VP, Customer Services & Support – Americas
Job Category: Customer Support
Teradata (NYSE: TDC) is the leading multi-cloud data platform company for enterprise analytics, transforming how businesses work and people live through the power of data.
At Teradata, we are leading the data era. As enterprises address today’s digital economy, they are faced with new competition and consumer expectations and are turning to data to power their future. Teradata has worked with the largest companies in the world for 40+ years, bringing our experience and expertise to support global enterprises with their most demanding, mission-critical, complex, and large-scale data needs. Teradata is recognized as a leader in the cloud, data, and analytics spaces by top analyst firms, Gartner and Forrester, and Fortune Magazine as well.
Our connected multi-cloud data platform for enterprise analytics, Teradata Vantage™, is an extremely scalable, secure, and resilient offering that simplifies ecosystems by connecting data and making it easier to uncover insights from across the organization…regardless of where that data resides. With Vantage, we enable companies to modernize their data management, from start to scale. Every day, millions of users benefit from our open data platform. Empowering customers and partners to develop and build how they like, we enable hundreds of business outcomes and solutions, including improving customer experience and profitability, driving operational efficiency, realizing financial transformation, or achieving operational efficiency.
As the world of data grows, we are the leader in enabling the future of connected businesses, powered by data intelligence. We are committed to delivering on this vision by following sustainable business practices and with a strong focus on diversity, equity, and inclusion. We believe that only by embracing diversity of identity, thought, background, expression, and perspective can we solve today’s challenges and reimagine tomorrow’s world.
Location_formattedLocationLong: San Diego, California US