Technical Lead Data Engineer Service & Development
Location: Moscow, Moskva RU
Requisition Number: 212426
Are you interested to join the world’s leader in Pervasive Data Intelligence and be part of the Managed Service & Consulting Team based in Moscow, Russia.
We are looking for someone who enjoys staying abreast of new technologies that may be relevant to future solutions whilst maintaining a balance of supportability, simplicity, and ease of delivery and integration.
As the Technical Lead Data Engineer Service & Development, you will specialize in the design, development and support of the ETL environment, processes, programs, and scripts to acquire data from source systems and apply the data to the tables in the database. You must have the skills necessary to understand the overall data warehouse architecture.
You will manage the development and support the ETL environment with the specific toolset required by the client and provide input to the database designer to optimize the data loading of the physical database. You will work in an operations management lead role and lead a team of Data Engineers on a project.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Leading small teams of developers and coordinating development activities
- Leading customer workshops in order to capture ETL Requirements
- Design, develop, test, support processes for extracting and loading data from source systems to DWH and DM
- Design the processes to meet service level agreements for data timeliness and frequency
- Analyze and optimize current solutions, physical model optimization, query tuning
- Mentoring junior members of the team in software development best practices
- Developing project deliverable documentation
- Experience in Enterprise Data Warehouse Optimization
- Data Engineering experience 3+ years
- Experience in Physical Model Optimization
- Statistical & computational analysis
- In depth knowledge of any enterprise relational database
- In depth knowledge of one of ETL tools: Informatica PowerCenter or SAS DI
- Linux Command line as a user knowledge
- Microsoft Excel Advanced user knowledge
- Advanced Communication skills: being able to communicate with heads of business departments
- Java programming experience is an advantage
- QlikView / QlikSense programming skills is an advantage
- Knowledge of Metadata driven approach is an advantage
- Knowledge of BigData is an advantage
- Master degree in IT or related sphere
- English intermediate, Russian native
We offer a competitive salary, completion bonus, benefits and a good work/life balance.
Not your average place to work: inspiring and passionate people; a dynamic, relaxed and collaborative culture. A chance for you to join an organization with ambitious growth targets, where you can make your mark and shape the future.
- Teradata is firmly committed to diversity and equal opportunity in all aspects of our business. We value the unique qualities, abilities and perspectives each person brings, and candidates are considered solely on their skills, experience and alignment with the responsibilities of the role.
- Level and salary is commensurate with the demands of the role and based on skills and experience
Community / Marketing Title: Technical Lead Data Engineer Service & Development
Job Category: Consulting
Teradata (NYSE: TDC) is the leading multi-cloud data platform company for enterprise analytics, transforming how businesses work and people live through the power of data.
At Teradata, we are leading the data era. As enterprises address today’s digital economy, they are faced with new competition and consumer expectations and are turning to data to power their future. Teradata has worked with the largest companies in the world for 40+ years, bringing our experience and expertise to support global enterprises with their most demanding, mission-critical, complex, and large-scale data needs. Teradata is recognized as a leader in the cloud, data, and analytics spaces by top analyst firms, Gartner and Forrester, and Fortune Magazine as well.
Our connected multi-cloud data platform for enterprise analytics, Teradata Vantage™, is an extremely scalable, secure, and resilient offering that simplifies ecosystems by connecting data and making it easier to uncover insights from across the organization…regardless of where that data resides. With Vantage, we enable companies to modernize their data management, from start to scale. Every day, millions of users benefit from our open data platform. Empowering customers and partners to develop and build how they like, we enable hundreds of business outcomes and solutions, including improving customer experience and profitability, driving operational efficiency, realizing financial transformation, or achieving operational efficiency.
As the world of data grows, we are the leader in enabling the future of connected businesses, powered by data intelligence. We are committed to delivering on this vision by following sustainable business practices and with a strong focus on diversity, equity, and inclusion. We believe that only by embracing diversity of identity, thought, background, expression, and perspective can we solve today’s challenges and reimagine tomorrow’s world.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Moscow, Moskva RU