Senior Software Engineer
Location: San Diego, California, United States
Requisition Number: 212408
This position is for a Senior Engineer for OS Engineering team. OS Team is comprised of core kernel, testing, and validation teams, working towards the same goal: to provide comprehensive, reliable, and scalable solutions for the Teradata SQL Engine (i.e. Teradata Database) for our supported public cloud platforms (AWS, Azure, Google Cloud). We are looking for a candidate to join our fast-paced and cutting-edge development organization that is at the forefront of our “Teradata Everywhere” strategy.
Teradata Labs, the technology research and development (R&D) organization within Teradata Corporation, has been turning innovative decision support technology into business results for over 30 years. Our R&D team of analytic architects, database developers, and engineers work to understand and advance emerging technologies to invent the next wave of cutting-edge analytic data solutions.
This position is for a Senior Engineer for OS Engineering team within the Vantage Core, Platform Software organization. The position involves being part of the OS software engineering teams responsible for the development, integration, functional, and performance testing of OS Level features for our public cloud and on-premise solutions. The engineer will be responsible for:
- ensuring the timely delivery of committed features
- liaising with other engineering teams for key features.
The ideal candidate is a highly motivated, empathetic, and creative engineer who is ready to participate in an agile team environment and contribute to the success of Teradata. Given our team’s focus on solutions in the cloud, the ideal candidate should also have experience working on projects on Linux Kernel, AWS, Azure, and/or Google Cloud. Experience with Teradata Vantage is also preferred.
- Implements SW Features on Teradata cloud and on-prem offering at OS, scheduler level.
- Experience working in a fast-paced agile scrum development environment.
- Deep understanding of Linux Kernel concepts.
- Experience with public and/or private cloud environments such as Amazon Web Services (AWS), Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud, VMWare ESXi, etc.
- Proficiency with Python.
- Familiarity with C, bash, SQL.
- Knowledge of DevOps automation tools and libraries is a plus.
- Experience with Teradata Vantage is a plus.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Minimum Education and Residency Requirements:
- Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related discipline with 3+ years of relevant experience.
- Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related discipline with 6+ years of relevant experience.
CountryEEOText_Description: Teradata invites all identities and backgrounds in the workplace. We work with deliberation and intent to ensure we are cultivating collaboration and inclusivity across our global organization. We are proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, ancestry, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions), national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, military and veteran status, or any other legally protected status. Consistent with Colorado law, Colorado applicants can email the firstname.lastname@example.org inbox to receive the compensation range information for this role. Please provide proof of Colorado residency in your request.
City: San Diego
Community / Marketing Title: Senior Software Engineer
Job Category: Engineering
Teradata is the connected multi-cloud data platform for enterprise analytics company. Our enterprise analytics solve business challenges from start to scale. Only Teradata gives you the flexibility to handle the massive and mixed data workloads of the future, today.
The Teradata Vantage architecture is cloud native, delivered as-a-service, and built on an open ecosystem. These design features make Vantage the ideal platform to optimize price performance in a multi-cloud environment.
Location_formattedLocationLong: San Diego, California US