Deal Desk Director APJ
Location: Singapore, Central Singapore SG
Requisition Number: 212399
DEAL DESK DIRECTOR APJ
The APJ Deal Desk Director is the pricing and deal management leader for Teradata in the Asia Pacific/Japan region. The position is responsible for managing a team of Deal Managers and Pricing Managers who support the Teradata sales force in structuring the commercials for large multi-million opportunities. In addition to detailed pricing and P&L analysis, the Deal Manager Director and his/her team provide vital counsel to Sales and Sales Management on product alternatives, pricing options, competition, and price negotiation techniques, run bid reviews, as well as contracting for special terms and then provide and secure bid approval and execution of contracts as required. On a day-to-day basis, working with the sales teams, this includes information, analysis and recommendations that assist the Region VP and Sales management to win business and increase profitability as well as feeding information back into our Product Management and Engineering teams to develop better products that align to our customer needs. Close working relationship is required with Sales, Planning, Revenue Recognition, Product Management, and other functions. The position reports to the Global Head of Deal Management.
- High business acumen with the ability to understand and analyse financial and competitive data and apply it to optimize sales opportunities.
- Capable of understanding Teradata analytic technology, to find the customer value and competitive position that drives price in opportunities for customer use of Teradata products and services.
- Creative thinker able to come up with alternatives that increase offer effectiveness and protect current and future price realization.
- Develop improved pricing processes and pricing tools that improve accuracy and efficiency.
- Ability to learn and apply basic accounting and revenue recognition policy.
- Ability to review and interpret complex contract/customer agreement detail.
- Proficient verbal and written communication skills with the ability to train others and to communicate through all levels of the organization.
- Detail oriented
- Strong leadership and excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work closely with sales and sales management, and draw on other, often remote company resources.
- The ability to professionally discuss business issues with management and offer advice and alternatives.
- Bachelor’s degree, MBA preferred
- Minimum 10 years related work experience
- Demonstrated financial/analytical skills gained through formal education, certification or work experience.
- Self-directed individual
- Strong capability in Excel and other windows applications
- Able to travel globally
- Sales oriented, business savvy individual with financial expertise
Experience in Finance, Marketing, Services or Sales-support function
- Knowledge of Data Warehousing / Analytics and competition
- Prior competitive or pricing experience
State: Central Singapore
Community / Marketing Title: Deal Desk Director APJ
Job Category: Sales
Teradata (NYSE: TDC) is the leading multi-cloud data platform company for enterprise analytics, transforming how businesses work and people live through the power of data.
At Teradata, we are leading the data era. As enterprises address today’s digital economy, they are faced with new competition and consumer expectations and are turning to data to power their future. Teradata has worked with the largest companies in the world for 40+ years, bringing our experience and expertise to support global enterprises with their most demanding, mission-critical, complex, and large-scale data needs. Teradata is recognized as a leader in the cloud, data, and analytics spaces by top analyst firms, Gartner and Forrester, and Fortune Magazine as well.
Our connected multi-cloud data platform for enterprise analytics, Teradata Vantage™, is an extremely scalable, secure, and resilient offering that simplifies ecosystems by connecting data and making it easier to uncover insights from across the organization…regardless of where that data resides. With Vantage, we enable companies to modernize their data management, from start to scale. Every day, millions of users benefit from our open data platform. Empowering customers and partners to develop and build how they like, we enable hundreds of business outcomes and solutions, including improving customer experience and profitability, driving operational efficiency, realizing financial transformation, or achieving operational efficiency.
As the world of data grows, we are the leader in enabling the future of connected businesses, powered by data intelligence. We are committed to delivering on this vision by following sustainable business practices and with a strong focus on diversity, equity, and inclusion. We believe that only by embracing diversity of identity, thought, background, expression, and perspective can we solve today’s challenges and reimagine tomorrow’s world.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Singapore, Central Singapore SG