Deal Desk Director APJ
Location: North Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
Requisition Number: 212399
DEAL DESK DIRECTOR APJ
The APJ Deal Desk Director is the pricing and deal management leader for Teradata in the Asia Pacific/Japan region. The position is responsible for managing a team of Deal Managers and Pricing Managers who support the Teradata sales force in structuring the commercials for large multi-million opportunities. In addition to detailed pricing and P&L analysis, the Deal Manager Director and his/her team provide vital counsel to Sales and Sales Management on product alternatives, pricing options, competition, and price negotiation techniques, run bid reviews, as well as contracting for special terms and then provide and secure bid approval and execution of contracts as required. On a day-to-day basis, working with the sales teams, this includes information, analysis and recommendations that assist the Region VP and Sales management to win business and increase profitability as well as feeding information back into our Product Management and Engineering teams to develop better products that align to our customer needs. Close working relationship is required with Sales, Planning, Revenue Recognition, Product Management, and other functions. The position reports to the Global Head of Deal Management.
- High business acumen with the ability to understand and analyse financial and competitive data and apply it to optimize sales opportunities.
- Capable of understanding Teradata analytic technology, to find the customer value and competitive position that drives price in opportunities for customer use of Teradata products and services.
- Creative thinker able to come up with alternatives that increase offer effectiveness and protect current and future price realization.
- Develop improved pricing processes and pricing tools that improve accuracy and efficiency.
- Ability to learn and apply basic accounting and revenue recognition policy.
- Ability to review and interpret complex contract/customer agreement detail.
- Proficient verbal and written communication skills with the ability to train others and to communicate through all levels of the organization.
- Detail oriented
- Strong leadership and excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work closely with sales and sales management, and draw on other, often remote company resources.
- The ability to professionally discuss business issues with management and offer advice and alternatives.
- Bachelor’s degree, MBA preferred
- Minimum 10 years related work experience
- Demonstrated financial/analytical skills gained through formal education, certification or work experience.
- Self-directed individual
- Strong capability in Excel and other windows applications
- Able to travel globally
- Sales oriented, business savvy individual with financial expertise
Experience in Finance, Marketing, Services or Sales-support function
- Knowledge of Data Warehousing / Analytics and competition
- Prior competitive or pricing experience
City: North Sydney
State: New South Wales
Community / Marketing Title: Deal Desk Director APJ
Job Category: Sales
Teradata is the connected multi-cloud data platform for enterprise analytics company. Our enterprise analytics solve business challenges from start to scale. Only Teradata gives you the flexibility to handle the massive and mixed data workloads of the future, today.
The Teradata Vantage architecture is cloud native, delivered as-a-service, and built on an open ecosystem. These design features make Vantage the ideal platform to optimize price performance in a multi-cloud environment.
Location_formattedLocationLong: North Sydney, New South Wales AU