Software Engineer, Python (Virtual-MX)
Location: Tijuana, Mexico MX
Requisition Number: 212392
Software Engineer, Python
Location: Tijuana, BC or Virtual-MX
With all the investments made in analytics, it’s time to stop buying into partial solutions that overpromise and underdeliver. It’s time to invest in answers. Only Teradata leverages all of the data, all of the time, so that customers can analyze anything, deploy anywhere, and deliver analytics that matter most to them. And we do it at scale, on-premises, in the Cloud, or anywhere in between. We call this Pervasive Data Intelligence. It’s the answer to the complexity, cost, and inadequacy of today’s analytics. And it's the way Teradata transforms how businesses work and people live through the power of data throughout the world. Join us and help create the era of Pervasive Data Intelligence.
Teradata Global Support Operations is expanding and building capabilities to further drive our company and function’s transformation. In System Change Management team, our vision is to enable customers to achieve continuous delivery of Teradata software updates with minimal downtime, maximum reliability, and high predictability. Specifically, we develop change management automation to:
- Automate the planning of complex multi-component upgrades
- Reduce customer effort in preparing for a system change event
- Automate the preparation, delivery, and validation of a system change event
- Increase overall customer satisfaction and confidence in adopting new Teradata features and services.
We are seeking a high performing software engineer to accelerate and bolster our team’s capability. The primary responsibility of this candidate will be to contribute to design and development of software that enhances system change experience for customers. This candidate will participate in technical discussions, scrum team routines, and special projects. They will implement features and capabilities to expand our code base to further automated our upgrade procedures. The candidate must thrive on automation, be a self-starter, and drive new ways of solving problems.
Key Responsibilities / Profile Summary:
- Interpret internal and/or external business issues and requirements, and recommend best design
- Participate in scrum teams to achieve key business objectives
- Follow TDD practices; write effective tests and associated code that meets or exceeds product requirements
- Participate in code reviews; adapt Agile (scrum) and Lean-Agile practices
- Collaborate with onshore and offshore teams to coordinate design, coding and code review activities
- Troubleshoot, diagnose, and lead resolution of software defects
- Effectively communicate to relevant stakeholders in both, written and verbal forms
Critical Skills and Qualifications:
- US B1/B2 Visa Required (or ability to obtain as a condition of employment)
- Strong proficiency in English (written & verbal)
- BS degree in computer science or computer engineering
- 3+ years of hands-on experience in software development (ideally using Python and PyTest)
- Experience in distributed system design, data structures, and object-oriented programming
- Work independently on individual assignments; collaborate with the team on design reviews, code reviews and user experience related items
- Experience with Linux Operating System
- In-depth knowledge of Agile (Scrum) practices
- Expertise in building/interacting with RESTful services
- Strong expertise with RDBMS (PostgreSQL, SQLite, etc,) and SQL
- Comfortable and flexible in working with globally distributed teams
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Passion for Test Driven Development (TDD) practices and modern software development best practices
- Experience in creating orchestrated workflows to automate system management and administration activities using ServiceNow IT Operations Management (ITOM)
- Dev Environment and configuration management tools: Ansible, Vagrant, Puppet, Chef
- Source code control systems: Git
- Build Agents: Jenkins (preferred), TeamCity
- Containerization using Docker and Kubernetes
- BA/BS in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or related field from an accredited 4-year college/university or equivalent experience.
Community / Marketing Title: Software Engineer, Python (Virtual-MX)
Job Category: Engineering
Teradata (NYSE: TDC) is the leading multi-cloud data platform company for enterprise analytics, transforming how businesses work and people live through the power of data.
At Teradata, we are leading the data era. As enterprises address today’s digital economy, they are faced with new competition and consumer expectations and are turning to data to power their future. Teradata has worked with the largest companies in the world for 40+ years, bringing our experience and expertise to support global enterprises with their most demanding, mission-critical, complex, and large-scale data needs. Teradata is recognized as a leader in the cloud, data, and analytics spaces by top analyst firms, Gartner and Forrester, and Fortune Magazine as well.
Our connected multi-cloud data platform for enterprise analytics, Teradata Vantage™, is an extremely scalable, secure, and resilient offering that simplifies ecosystems by connecting data and making it easier to uncover insights from across the organization…regardless of where that data resides. With Vantage, we enable companies to modernize their data management, from start to scale. Every day, millions of users benefit from our open data platform. Empowering customers and partners to develop and build how they like, we enable hundreds of business outcomes and solutions, including improving customer experience and profitability, driving operational efficiency, realizing financial transformation, or achieving operational efficiency.
As the world of data grows, we are the leader in enabling the future of connected businesses, powered by data intelligence. We are committed to delivering on this vision by following sustainable business practices and with a strong focus on diversity, equity, and inclusion. We believe that only by embracing diversity of identity, thought, background, expression, and perspective can we solve today’s challenges and reimagine tomorrow’s world.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Tijuana, Mexico MX