Contingent Labor & HR Services Category Leader
Location: San Diego, California, United States
Requisition Number: 212390
Contingent Labor & HR Services Category Leader
- Indirect Procurement at Teradata is changing for the better. We are evolving the function from a reactive, transactional organization to become a proactive, strategic, world class, value adding business partner. The transformation of Sourcing and Procurement at Teradata is a key enabler of Teradata’s vision and strategy to improve profitability of the company.
- You will report to the Director, Sourcing & Category Management. Your mission will be to manage the Temp Staffing, Consulting, Outsourced Services and HR Services Categories, and enable Procurement to deliver on savings, cash management, and partnership commitments with scale and agility.
- You are a recognized expert in Strategic Sourcing and Category Management for Temp Staffing, Consulting, Outsourced Services and HR Services Categories.
- You bring an outside-in perspective and have successfully managed relationships with and influenced internal and external stakeholders at all levels (Particular focus on relationships with HR Leadership and other workforce strategy / outsourcing decision makers.)
- You have successfully developed and managed relationships with major Temp Staffing, Consulting, Outsourced Services and HR Services Suppliers
- You have an expert level understanding of the value drivers and cost levers associated with Temp Staffing, Consulting, Outsourced Services, and HR Services categories
- You have successfully negotiated large, complex, outcome-based SOWs based on total value of ownership, and delivered measurable results
- You have experience successfully implementing your strategies via Managed Service Providers and Vendor Management Systems
- You will be accountable for all aspects of Stakeholder Management, Sourcing / Category Strategy, Supplier Management of Temp Staffing, Consulting, Outsourced Services and HR Services Categories.
- You will develop and manage stakeholder relationships, and influence stakeholders to align with industry best practices in support of applicable Teradata strategies
- You will manage enterprise-wide relationships with suppliers ranging from Temp Staffing providers to Consulting Suppliers to Outsourcing Partners to Benefits suppliers for Teradata’s advantage
- Lead financial, demand/supply, and market analysis
- Lead and conduct spend analysis
- Innovate, lead development of, and oversee the execution of leading-edge Category Strategies
- Understand, model, monitor, and build plans / make recommendations based on trends in underlying cost and value drivers
- Synthesize disparate internal and external data to develop negotiation strategies
- Develop and execute complex negotiations and sourcing events
- Own commercial terms and lead contractual negotiation to Teradata’s advantage with suppliers
- Deliver sustainable and significant year over year cost savings
- Innovate to enable / accelerate Teradata’s workforce strategies
- Innovate on category-specific sourcing best practices lead peers by example
- You will bring a structured and programmatic approach to delivering value to the business
- Lead other (frequently cross-functional) projects as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree and 12+ years of experience in Sourcing and Supply Chain, with 5+ years managing Staffing / Contingent Labor / HR Services Categories or equivalent industry experience and market knowledge with Temp Staffing, Consulting, Outsourced Services and HR Services
- Prefer experience standing up a Contingent Labor / Managed Staffing Program Globally
- Master’s Degree is preferred
- CCWP Preferred
- PMI Certification Preferred
- Demonstrated experience evolving management of complex spend categories from reactive to strategic
- Demonstrated experience delivering expert level results in stakeholder management, strategy development, and negotiation
- Demonstrated experience building productive relationships with C-level executives managing P&L supported by the categories you manage
- Exceptional communications skills
- Experience influencing peers, stakeholders, and management at all levels with no formal authority
- Experience with continuous improvement / six-sigma certification preferred
- Expertise in Source to Contract process innovation and best practices
- Experience with sourcing, workflow management, CLM, CRM, SRM, VMS and other Procurement tools
- Consultative skills (Understanding of stakeholder business objectives and ability to provide guidance, advice and services based on stakeholder objectives)
- Service Delivery mindset and resourcefulness
CountryEEOText_Description: Teradata invites all identities and backgrounds in the workplace. We work with deliberation and intent to ensure we are cultivating collaboration and inclusivity across our global organization. We are proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, ancestry, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions), national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, military and veteran status, or any other legally protected status. Consistent with Colorado law, Colorado applicants can email the Ask.HR@teradata.com inbox to receive the compensation range information for this role. Please provide proof of Colorado residency in your request.
City: San Diego
Community / Marketing Title: Contingent Labor & HR Services Category Leader
Job Category: Legal
Teradata (NYSE: TDC) is the leading multi-cloud data platform company for enterprise analytics, transforming how businesses work and people live through the power of data.
At Teradata, we are leading the data era. As enterprises address today’s digital economy, they are faced with new competition and consumer expectations and are turning to data to power their future. Teradata has worked with the largest companies in the world for 40+ years, bringing our experience and expertise to support global enterprises with their most demanding, mission-critical, complex, and large-scale data needs. Teradata is recognized as a leader in the cloud, data, and analytics spaces by top analyst firms, Gartner and Forrester, and Fortune Magazine as well.
Our connected multi-cloud data platform for enterprise analytics, Teradata Vantage™, is an extremely scalable, secure, and resilient offering that simplifies ecosystems by connecting data and making it easier to uncover insights from across the organization…regardless of where that data resides. With Vantage, we enable companies to modernize their data management, from start to scale. Every day, millions of users benefit from our open data platform. Empowering customers and partners to develop and build how they like, we enable hundreds of business outcomes and solutions, including improving customer experience and profitability, driving operational efficiency, realizing financial transformation, or achieving operational efficiency.
As the world of data grows, we are the leader in enabling the future of connected businesses, powered by data intelligence. We are committed to delivering on this vision by following sustainable business practices and with a strong focus on diversity, equity, and inclusion. We believe that only by embracing diversity of identity, thought, background, expression, and perspective can we solve today’s challenges and reimagine tomorrow’s world.
LinkedIn Remote: #LI-Remote
Location_formattedLocationLong: San Diego, California US