Director of Product Management, Cloud Experience
Location: Seattle, Washington, United States
Requisition Number: 212375
Director of Product Management, Cloud Experience
Location: San Diego, California US/ US Remote
Teradata Vantage is the cloud data analytics platform that unifies everything—data lakes, data warehouses, analytics, and new data sources and types. Leading the way with hybrid multi-cloud environments and priced for flexibility, Vantage delivers unlimited intelligence to build the future of your business. Our groundbreaking product has been an 18 time leader in the Gartner Magic Quadrant for Cloud Database Management Systems and is a leader in The Forrester Wave: Data Management for Analytics.
We power $1.4B in annual recurring revenue and deliver business outcomes for companies with the world’s most complex data and analytics needs. The thing we value most is delivering outcomes that matter. For our team, our company, and our customers. We work as a team, we are outcome driven, and we are accountable.
As we enter the next phase of our transformation to deliver a bright future for our customers, we believe our next level of growth will come by delivering rich, next generation hybrid cloud platform user experiences that will be key in radically simplifying tasks and unlocking insights for our users.
We’re looking for an experienced Product Leader with deep skills that lie at the intersection of user experience, analytics, and cloud computing to own our Vantage platform cloud experience. Developers and administrators love Vantage - so yes, we don’t want to let them down. What this means is you need to enhance our platform experience that enable developers (SQL developers, data scientists, analysts), database and cloud administrators in accomplishing tasks with unparalleled ease and improving their productivity in a complex data ecosystem in a secure manner. In this highly visible, unique, and cross-functional role you will work with various stakeholders to prioritize and deliver experiences in diverse functional areas - from soup to nuts. This is an awesome opportunity to take Teradata’s Vantage cloud offering to the next level and drive adoption and revenue.
- Own the strategy, prioritization, and execution of key areas of the Vantage Platform experience, cloud services & analytic applications and will be responsible for both improving existing features within that area or building entirely new features and products.
- Develop organizational strategy and roadmap for your functional areas and capabilities in working with key partners and groups
- Define success metrics, establish Objectives & Key Results (OKRs) develop A/B tests, research and analyze product usage and performance. Think holistically about delivering a service experience.
- Build strong relationships with business partners such as Marketing, Field & Sales Teams, finance, etc. and development partners such as UX team, engineering, and program management.
- Work closely with program management and engineering to drive seamless execution by highlighting dependencies and risks.
- Participate in customer discovery, usability research and continuous product/service improvement by gathering feedback.
- Develop, lead, and mentor robust teams and empower people through active feedback and continuous improvement practices.
Qualifications & Expectations:
- Validated senior leader with a track record of growing teams that deliver significant impact in high growth companies
- Senior technical product leader with a pragmatic, strategic approach to problem-solving, strong product intuition, and a head for business.
- Experience owning cloud experience strategy, conducting research, and participating in the design process from end-to-end with demonstrated ability to attract, retain, build, grow, and develop premier teams.
- Understand the breadth of Public Cloud platform, ecosystem, and cloud services and how customers consume it.
- Top notch analytical and communication skills with the ability to make high impacting decisions.
- Excellent writing skills. Writing clear requirements that capture business context and *jobs to be done* for users.
- Expect to embrace ambiguity, it’s a part of the game. Use data to drive decisions and demonstrate fearlessness and conviction when taking them.
- Challenge status quo and raise the bar!
- Demonstrate experience in building cloud / SaaS platforms.
- 10+ years of experience in Product Management or business management
CountryEEOText_Description: Teradata invites all identities and backgrounds in the workplace. We work with deliberation and intent to ensure we are cultivating collaboration and inclusivity across our global organization. We are proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, ancestry, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions), national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, military and veteran status, or any other legally protected status. Consistent with Colorado law, Colorado applicants can email the Ask.HR@teradata.com inbox to receive the compensation range information for this role. Please provide proof of Colorado residency in your request.
Community / Marketing Title: Director of Product Management, Cloud Experience
Job Category: Product Management
Teradata (NYSE: TDC) is the leading multi-cloud data platform company for enterprise analytics, transforming how businesses work and people live through the power of data.
At Teradata, we are leading the data era. As enterprises address today’s digital economy, they are faced with new competition and consumer expectations and are turning to data to power their future. Teradata has worked with the largest companies in the world for 40+ years, bringing our experience and expertise to support global enterprises with their most demanding, mission-critical, complex, and large-scale data needs. Teradata is recognized as a leader in the cloud, data, and analytics spaces by top analyst firms, Gartner and Forrester, and Fortune Magazine as well.
Our connected multi-cloud data platform for enterprise analytics, Teradata Vantage™, is an extremely scalable, secure, and resilient offering that simplifies ecosystems by connecting data and making it easier to uncover insights from across the organization…regardless of where that data resides. With Vantage, we enable companies to modernize their data management, from start to scale. Every day, millions of users benefit from our open data platform. Empowering customers and partners to develop and build how they like, we enable hundreds of business outcomes and solutions, including improving customer experience and profitability, driving operational efficiency, realizing financial transformation, or achieving operational efficiency.
As the world of data grows, we are the leader in enabling the future of connected businesses, powered by data intelligence. We are committed to delivering on this vision by following sustainable business practices and with a strong focus on diversity, equity, and inclusion. We believe that only by embracing diversity of identity, thought, background, expression, and perspective can we solve today’s challenges and reimagine tomorrow’s world.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Seattle, Washington US