Pre Sales Solution Engineer - CMEE
Location: Dallas, Texas US
Requisition Number: 212374
Pre-Sales Solution Engineer - CMEE
The Solution Engineer (SE) leverages data architecture, data warehouse, and analytics and associated domain knowledge to promote sales of Teradata solutions. The SE has broad knowledge of the Big Data, data warehouse and analytic space, and experience with Teradata products and technologies. The SE articulates analytical ecosystem architectures and trends, and provides technical consulting, as a trusted advisor, to support sales activities. The SE establishes and enhances customer relationships ranging from DBA to CIO, and provides technical expertise on engagements and identifies new target opportunities within our accounts.
Overall Job Purpose:
- Drive sales of Teradata software and services
- Technical sales leader for Teradata Account Team
- Serves as trusted technical advisor to client and facilitator of additional Teradata SMEs and functions
- Increase use of Teradata software through positioning of new features, adding new applications and taking out competitive solutions
- Demonstrates technical expertise and credibility with customers, from technical admin to CIO
- Understand and advise customers on data ecosystem architectures
- Partners with Account Executive and extended account team on account planning and strategy
- Work with overall account team to identify and qualify sales opportunities
- Assist or operate the internal ordering process, from solution sizing to deployment
Key Solution Engineer Responsibilities
- Advocate Teradata products and solutions to existing customers and prospects.
- Act as the “face” of Teradata to customers & prospects – able to quickly and easily articulate the value of Teradata software and services.
- Continuously drive and promote the value of Teradata solutions for customer business challenges – create value, articulate value, maintain value.
- Understand customer data and analytics challenges and help translate to business requirements in positioning Teradata software and services.
- Stay current with continuous education of Teradata’s latest software, platforms and cloud solutions.
- Craft creative solutions that leverage informed assumptions even when only partial information is known.
- Document client’s current analytical ecosystem, application architecture and data flow to/from Teradata and non-Teradata solutions.
- Understand and communicate customer-specific value of Teradata solutions and how they integrate with the customer’s analytical ecosystem as part of a future-state roadmap.
- Understand business value customers gain by use of analytics. Understand and align our software and service offerings to solve business problems.
- Manages relationships with client stakeholders as the key advisor on analytic architecture and by partnering with the customer’s architecture experts (ecosystem & domain architects).
- Creates client interest in Teradata solutions, advancing the sales process
- Syncs daily with account team lead to discuss account strategy and future sales opportunities
- Comprehension of rapidly evolving open source and competitive technologies and how they compare/contrast or compliment Teradata offerings.
- Partner with Consulting, Customer Services, Global Sales Support, Pricing, Finance and sales to formulate offers and proposals.
- Facilitate and/or lead demonstration of Teradata Cloud and Analytics capabilities.
- Occasionally, take advisory and leadership role in strategic Consulting engagements in partnership with Consulting
CountryEEOText_Description: Teradata invites all identities and backgrounds in the workplace. We work with deliberation and intent to ensure we are cultivating collaboration and inclusivity across our global organization. We are proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, ancestry, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions), national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, military and veteran status, or any other legally protected status. Consistent with Colorado law, Colorado applicants can email the Ask.HR@teradata.com inbox to receive the compensation range information for this role. Please provide proof of Colorado residency in your request.
Community / Marketing Title: Pre Sales Solution Engineer - CMEE
Job Category: Sales
Teradata (NYSE: TDC) is the leading multi-cloud data platform company for enterprise analytics, transforming how businesses work and people live through the power of data.
At Teradata, we are leading the data era. As enterprises address today’s digital economy, they are faced with new competition and consumer expectations and are turning to data to power their future. Teradata has worked with the largest companies in the world for 40+ years, bringing our experience and expertise to support global enterprises with their most demanding, mission-critical, complex, and large-scale data needs. Teradata is recognized as a leader in the cloud, data, and analytics spaces by top analyst firms, Gartner and Forrester, and Fortune Magazine as well.
Our connected multi-cloud data platform for enterprise analytics, Teradata Vantage™, is an extremely scalable, secure, and resilient offering that simplifies ecosystems by connecting data and making it easier to uncover insights from across the organization…regardless of where that data resides. With Vantage, we enable companies to modernize their data management, from start to scale. Every day, millions of users benefit from our open data platform. Empowering customers and partners to develop and build how they like, we enable hundreds of business outcomes and solutions, including improving customer experience and profitability, driving operational efficiency, realizing financial transformation, or achieving operational efficiency.
As the world of data grows, we are the leader in enabling the future of connected businesses, powered by data intelligence. We are committed to delivering on this vision by following sustainable business practices and with a strong focus on diversity, equity, and inclusion. We believe that only by embracing diversity of identity, thought, background, expression, and perspective can we solve today’s challenges and reimagine tomorrow’s world.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Dallas, Texas US