Security Product Owner
Location: San Diego, California US
Requisition Number: 212337
With all the investments made in analytics, it’s time to stop buying into partial solutions that overpromise and underdeliver. It’s time to invest in answers. Only Teradata leverages all of the data, all of the time, so that customers can analyze anything, deploy anywhere, and deliver analytics that matter most to them. And we do it at scale, on-premises, in the Cloud, or anywhere in between.
We call this Pervasive Data Intelligence. It’s the answer to the complexity, cost, and inadequacy of today’s analytics. And it's the way Teradata transforms how businesses work and people live through the power of data throughout the world. Join us and help create the era of Pervasive Data Intelligence.
The Teradata Global Security team is a fast-growing team with great career growth opportunities. Product security is tasked with applying secure everywhere principles through the supporting constructs of secure by design, secure by default and verified secure. The team receives strong support from the top down and we are looking to lead from the front with exciting new products having a security first guiding principle. This role will be integral to leading the innovation and development efforts and build a team to support these efforts.
As the Security Business Partner, you will be responsible for driving Teradata’s product security features, requirements, and vulnerability remediation portfolio. The Security Business Partner will drive security controls and strategy across the product development organization and will work with different teams to make sure security is integrated into every product and drive the security aspects of our products. Additionally, the Security Business Partner will review the investment strategy, seek out new opportunities, and recommend changes in investments to manage risk and generate acceptable rate of return as well as study and monitor products security and services offering performance and trends that may impact the overall portfolio.
Interesting Work You’ll Do:
- Be part of Teradata Global Security, a critical team working tightly with Product Management and Product Development and directly with leaders to develop an integrated product security strategy.
- Partnering with the Product Management and leadership team specifically focused on security investment across the products. You will be interacting with our Product Engineering teams, Practice leaders, and Sales and Marketing teams
- Ability to analyze competitors, analyze, and estimate market potential of feature and product
- Proven ability to execute over the entire product lifecycle guided by performance metrics ‘Outside-in’ viewpoint, fully aware of the competitive set and industry trends, and how to reconcile with company strategy
- Ensure product management activities meet industry-leading standards, processes and controls for product release activities across solution suites
- Understands User Stories, Definition of Done and Acceptance Criteria and Tests
- Develop recommendations and analysis that pioneer ideas for product portfolio optimization capitalizing on the seriousness and magnitude of business opportunities.
- Performing security product and feature life cycle management using AHA
- Engage with customers to evolve security product requirements and be the “voice of the customer” in the product planning process.
- Develop detailed, crisp business requirements and user stories that can be used to create security product specifications and architecture for each product and application
- Manage prioritization and trade-offs among customer experience, vulnerability remediation, performance and operational support load
- Define and drive the business plan, strategy, and positioning of the security services and solutions
- Work closely with Product Marketing, Support, Professional Services, Sales and Operations to define the go to market plan and product collateral for security features in our product such as product descriptions, presentations, sales tools and technical white papers
- Manage security products through various launch phases and follow-on releases
- Interact with customers and prospects to define market requirements, and translate these requirements into product requirements that the engineering team can deliver within specification, on time, and within budget
- Create and deliver sales training for the direct sales force as well as partner sales forces and technical services and support teams
- Define and drive the business plan, strategy and tactical work with internal and external partners to enable integrations
- Represent Teradata at various industry events, conferences and internal forums
- Participate in the evaluation of Teradata’s long-term Product Security and Services vision and roadmap, working with the team to determine solutions that appropriately match business needs and “sell” those solutions across the relevant business units and functions
- Continuously evaluate portfolio, assessing performance, interpreting results, and making changes and recommendations as necessary. Communicate through effective messaging and positioning to all stake holders.
- Define and execute goals and metrics against related productivity and growth targets for security products and services
- Lead the day to day execution of initiatives while guiding and developing individual team members, and take ownership of overall projects and its end products.
- Demonstrate proven leadership skills and leverage your interest in inspiring others, building broad strong relationships globally, and creating a true followership.
Qualifications we are looking for
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Engineering Sciences, Management, Finance or related discipline.
- 10+ years of Product Management experience in a software technology business
- Experience working within security from a product development or operations perspective
- Minimum of 5 years total experience working on strategic initiatives within a large, matrixed, and complex organization, including at least 2+ years of progressively more responsible portfolio management and/or support services.
- Ability to translate and summarize complex data into understandable, actionable information and recommendations
- Demonstrated executive presentation and communication skills, both written and verbal with clarity and precision
- Skilled in assessing investment information to create financial plans and determine appropriate business and customer strategies
- Must be detail oriented and have advanced analytical skills and judgment.
- Ability to work effectively in a highly energetic and multiple-engagement environment, dedication to teamwork, a strong work initiative, and the ability to adapt to new challenges and ideas.
- Expertise in data tools (Excel, Microsoft BI, Tableau, and related) to support problem-solving and critical-thinking skills to identify opportunities, formulate supporting business cases
- Ability to develop financial models to quantify potential opportunity, profitability, or pricing scenarios across offerings and markets.
- Demonstrable ability, and gain support from stakeholders with minimal supervision and manage projects from start to finish.
- Proven ability to quickly earn the trust of others and develop relationships across the organization.
- Ability to travel up to 25%.
- Advanced degree (MBA preferred)
- Previous experience supporting enterprise security operations with broad understanding of the modern security space of our customers in security and compliance sensitive industries like financial services and healthcare
- Knowledge of advanced analytics (e.g., data science) and related technology to test various hypotheses
- 3+ years of Project and Portfolio Management (PPM) and Agile or SAFe Agile experience
Location: San Diego, Ca., virtual
Benefits You’ll Enjoy
*Our total compensation approach includes a competitive base salary, 401(k), strong work/family programs, and medical, dental and disability coverage.
CountryEEOText_Description: Teradata invites all identities and backgrounds in the workplace. We work with deliberation and intent to ensure we are cultivating collaboration and inclusivity across our global organization. We are proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, ancestry, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions), national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, military and veteran status, or any other legally protected status. Consistent with Colorado law, Colorado applicants can email the Ask.HR@teradata.com inbox to receive the compensation range information for this role. Please provide proof of Colorado residency in your request.
City: San Diego
Community / Marketing Title: Security Product Owner
Job Category: Engineering
Teradata (NYSE: TDC) is the leading multi-cloud data platform company for enterprise analytics, transforming how businesses work and people live through the power of data.
At Teradata, we are leading the data era. As enterprises address today’s digital economy, they are faced with new competition and consumer expectations and are turning to data to power their future. Teradata has worked with the largest companies in the world for 40+ years, bringing our experience and expertise to support global enterprises with their most demanding, mission-critical, complex, and large-scale data needs. Teradata is recognized as a leader in the cloud, data, and analytics spaces by top analyst firms, Gartner and Forrester, and Fortune Magazine as well.
Our connected multi-cloud data platform for enterprise analytics, Teradata Vantage™, is an extremely scalable, secure, and resilient offering that simplifies ecosystems by connecting data and making it easier to uncover insights from across the organization…regardless of where that data resides. With Vantage, we enable companies to modernize their data management, from start to scale. Every day, millions of users benefit from our open data platform. Empowering customers and partners to develop and build how they like, we enable hundreds of business outcomes and solutions, including improving customer experience and profitability, driving operational efficiency, realizing financial transformation, or achieving operational efficiency.
As the world of data grows, we are the leader in enabling the future of connected businesses, powered by data intelligence. We are committed to delivering on this vision by following sustainable business practices and with a strong focus on diversity, equity, and inclusion. We believe that only by embracing diversity of identity, thought, background, expression, and perspective can we solve today’s challenges and reimagine tomorrow’s world.
Location_formattedLocationLong: San Diego, California US