Salesforce / FinancialForce Quality Assurance Engineer
Location: San Diego, California US
Requisition Number: 212333
Teradata helps businesses unlock value by turning data into their greatest asset. We’re the cloud data analytics platform company, built for a hybrid multi-cloud reality, solving the world's most complex data challenges at scale. Collectively, we endeavor to serve equal parts innovator and contributor. Because our mission isn’t just about the collection of data – it’s about revolutionizing the future of transportation to save lives, optimizing energy costs to make the planet a cleaner place, and using data to predict and identify cancer risks.
As a Salesforce / FinancialForce Quality Assurance Engineer, you will be part of a team responsible for delivering enterprise cloud technology solutions to Fortune 500 Companies and Government Agencies. You would be the first QA on a newly formed team focused on supporting Teradata’s global business processes through the FinancialForce application. You would work alongside the team to implement new QA procedures adhering to global best practices. The ideal candidate would have 5+ years of QA experience on the Force.com platform (FinancialForce experience a plus but not required), 3+ years of experience with testing automation software, and a strong understanding of testing REST and SOAP APIs.
Key roles and responsibilities include:
- Lead the initiative to devise and implement and automated testing platform for FinancialForce
- Develop, document, and implement QA standards for the FinancialForce team
- Collaborate with Business Analyst, Developers, Salesforce Admins, and Product Owners to understand story requirements and devise/execute test cases and test plans
- Participate in design sessions to bring a test-driven development mindset to the team
- Create testing documentation templates that adhere to industry standards Review functional requirements and technical designs to create test plans and detailed test cases
- Lead the manual and automated testing efforts for multiple projects and products
- Manage all facets of the QA life cycle - Test Strategy, Test Plans, Test Scenarios, Test Cases/Scripts & Defect life-cycle management in Jira, across the Salesforce platform
Hard Skills Required
- 5+ years of testing experience on the Force.com platform
- 3+ years of developing/executing automated test cases (Selenium. Node.js, Provar, etc.)
- 3+ years of testing REST and or SOAP APIs
- Strong understanding of database schemas
- Ability to write simple SQL/SOQL/SOSL queries
- Strong documentation skills that emphasize business process understanding (Business process flows, data flows, test cases, test scripts, etc.)
- Proficient in Visio, Microsoft Word, Excel, and Power Point
- Strong understanding of the Agile Development methodology
- Ability to manage multiple initiatives at once and prioritize accordingly
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Self-driven with the desire to learn
- Desire to understand business processes and step out of the “tech” world
Preferred Experience and Skills
- Experience with FinancialForce platform
- Experience with or testing ETL tools (Informatica/MuleSoft)
- Any Salesforce certifications
- Strong SQL/SOQL understanding
- Experience working with Jira and Confluence
CountryEEOText_Description: Teradata invites all identities and backgrounds in the workplace. We work with deliberation and intent to ensure we are cultivating collaboration and inclusivity across our global organization. We are proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, ancestry, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions), national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, military and veteran status, or any other legally protected status. Consistent with Colorado law, Colorado applicants can email the Ask.HR@teradata.com inbox to receive the compensation range information for this role. Please provide proof of Colorado residency in your request.
City: San Diego
Community / Marketing Title: Salesforce / FinancialForce Quality Assurance Engineer
Job Category: IT
Teradata (NYSE: TDC) is the leading multi-cloud data platform company for enterprise analytics, transforming how businesses work and people live through the power of data.
At Teradata, we are leading the data era. As enterprises address today’s digital economy, they are faced with new competition and consumer expectations and are turning to data to power their future. Teradata has worked with the largest companies in the world for 40+ years, bringing our experience and expertise to support global enterprises with their most demanding, mission-critical, complex, and large-scale data needs. Teradata is recognized as a leader in the cloud, data, and analytics spaces by top analyst firms, Gartner and Forrester, and Fortune Magazine as well.
Our connected multi-cloud data platform for enterprise analytics, Teradata Vantage™, is an extremely scalable, secure, and resilient offering that simplifies ecosystems by connecting data and making it easier to uncover insights from across the organization…regardless of where that data resides. With Vantage, we enable companies to modernize their data management, from start to scale. Every day, millions of users benefit from our open data platform. Empowering customers and partners to develop and build how they like, we enable hundreds of business outcomes and solutions, including improving customer experience and profitability, driving operational efficiency, realizing financial transformation, or achieving operational efficiency.
As the world of data grows, we are the leader in enabling the future of connected businesses, powered by data intelligence. We are committed to delivering on this vision by following sustainable business practices and with a strong focus on diversity, equity, and inclusion. We believe that only by embracing diversity of identity, thought, background, expression, and perspective can we solve today’s challenges and reimagine tomorrow’s world.
Location_formattedLocationLong: San Diego, California US