Cloud Implementation Manager
Location: San Diego, California US
Requisition Number: 212324
The Cloud Migration Engagement Manager is responsible for the overall customer migration of large global clients to the Cloud (AWS, Google Cloud, Azure). This role includes ownership of technical and service elements related to cloud migration project engagements. Specifically, this individual will be responsible as the single point of contact for:
DISCOVERY & SCOPE
- Work with Go-To-Market (GTM) team to gather appropriate information
- Determine Scope and complexity
- Work with GTM team to create offering & proposal of services needed
- Set customer expectations of the process and the roles & responsibilities
- Identify potential 'hot spots' and ensure best practices have been applied
- Coordinate cross-functional activities with Customer, TD Consulting and/or Partner(s)
- Work with the customer on migration planning activities including other parts of the ecosystem (ETL, BI, and Analytic Applications).
- Manage data migration and validation
- Manage security & privacy changes
- Manage workload management setup
- Manage performance remediation assistance
- Manage initial system issues to resolution
- Manage turnover to operations
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Assist in on-going the refinement of playbook for successful cloud migrations with lessons learned
- Govern the execution of the playbook for specific migrations.
- Capture best practices & lessons learned
- Develop relationships and governance for each Cloud Migration with the customer, partners, and Teradata stakeholders.
- Manage overall customer experience before, immediately preceding, and during Cloud Migration
- Develop in-depth understanding of the customer’s objectives in migrating to the Cloud.
- Engage at all levels of the customer from the Senior Executives to the Database Administrator (DBA)
- Develop strong relationships and build advocacy with key decision makers at Customers.
- In conjunction with the Account Executive and other members of the account team, create a communication and set accountability during the migration.
- Identify risks/issues for the migration and the corresponding mitigation strategy for each.
- Work closely with Teradata Customer Support (CS&S), Global Support (GSO), and the Cloud Migration (CM), Cloud Operations, Teradata Consulting teams to ensure appropriate resources are assigned as necessary.
- Engage with the customer and partners to ensure tasks outside of Teradata are understood and being executed.
Education and Experience Required
- BS or Masters degree in business, technical or professional discipline or equivalent work experience.
- 10 plus years IT industry and experience within the Data & Analytics
- Business management experience including engagement management experience with multiple project streams and complex Enterprise Information Managemen or Analytics implementations.
- Experience and ability to work in a matrixed organization.
- Ability to scope and create action plans through business needs analysis which include critical thinking and analytical reasoning that identifies the business opportunity with the most compelling ROI analysis, business benefits, acceptable risk profiles, and success factors.
- Experience in data & analytics ecosystem products. Knowledge in ETL, BI, and analytic tools that partner with Teradata.
- Demonstrated consultative approach to business problem solving internally or with the client/prospects and/or partners.
- A motivated, proactive, organized and “self-starting” attitude and working style. Strong personal and team goal orientation.
- Expertise in developing and delivering working documents that communicate and corroborate complex ideas.
- Operates with an appropriate sense of urgency.
- Innovative and resourceful.
- Ability to work flexibly in a rapidly changing, ambiguous and often pressure-filled environment.
- Ability to influence and coach others. High level of personal integrity.
- Have a proven high level of initiative, self-motivation, and enthusiasm.
- Thinks strategically and laterally when making decisions and solving problems.
- Ability to transform strategy into results.
- Excellent presentation, communication, and interpersonal skills.
CountryEEOText_Description: Teradata invites all identities and backgrounds in the workplace. We work with deliberation and intent to ensure we are cultivating collaboration and inclusivity across our global organization. We are proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, ancestry, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions), national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, military and veteran status, or any other legally protected status. Consistent with Colorado law, Colorado applicants can email the Ask.HR@teradata.com inbox to receive the compensation range information for this role. Please provide proof of Colorado residency in your request.
City: San Diego
Community / Marketing Title: Cloud Implementation Manager
Job Category: Services
Teradata (NYSE: TDC) is the leading multi-cloud data platform company for enterprise analytics, transforming how businesses work and people live through the power of data.
At Teradata, we are leading the data era. As enterprises address today’s digital economy, they are faced with new competition and consumer expectations and are turning to data to power their future. Teradata has worked with the largest companies in the world for 40+ years, bringing our experience and expertise to support global enterprises with their most demanding, mission-critical, complex, and large-scale data needs. Teradata is recognized as a leader in the cloud, data, and analytics spaces by top analyst firms, Gartner and Forrester, and Fortune Magazine as well.
Our connected multi-cloud data platform for enterprise analytics, Teradata Vantage™, is an extremely scalable, secure, and resilient offering that simplifies ecosystems by connecting data and making it easier to uncover insights from across the organization…regardless of where that data resides. With Vantage, we enable companies to modernize their data management, from start to scale. Every day, millions of users benefit from our open data platform. Empowering customers and partners to develop and build how they like, we enable hundreds of business outcomes and solutions, including improving customer experience and profitability, driving operational efficiency, realizing financial transformation, or achieving operational efficiency.
As the world of data grows, we are the leader in enabling the future of connected businesses, powered by data intelligence. We are committed to delivering on this vision by following sustainable business practices and with a strong focus on diversity, equity, and inclusion. We believe that only by embracing diversity of identity, thought, background, expression, and perspective can we solve today’s challenges and reimagine tomorrow’s world.
Location_formattedLocationLong: San Diego, California US