Location: El Segundo, California, United States
Requisition Number: 212307
Teradata empowers companies to achieve high-impact business outcomes through analytics. With a powerful combination of Industry expertise and leading hybrid cloud technologies for data warehousing and big data analytics, Teradata unleashes the potential of great companies. Partnering with top companies around the world, Teradata helps improve customer experience, mitigate risk, drive product innovation, achieve operational excellence, transform finance, and optimize assets. Teradata is recognized by media and industry analysts as a future-focused company for its technological excellence, sustainability, ethics, and business value.
The Teradata culture isn’t just about one kind of person. So many individuals make up who we are, making us that much more unique. It’s what sets apart the dynamic, diverse and collaborative environment that is Teradata. But even as individuals, there’s one thing that we all share —our united goal of making Teradata and our people, the best we can be.
Teradata Labs is where cutting-edge innovations in data management turn into business value. Our outstanding team of database architects and software engineers work together to understand and advance emerging technologies to produce the next wave of big data analytic solutions. Teradata Database is the core of Teradata Massively Parallel Processing (MPP) systems that run on-premises and in hybrid clouds to manage and optimize sophisticated workloads.
The heart of Teradata Database is its best-in-class query optimization engine. We work on query optimization techniques in database and analytics engines, machine learning algorithms, scalability and elasticity issues, and many other exciting challenges related to performance, usability, accessibility and integration.
The Database Query Optimization group at Teradata Labs has an opening for Software Engineer. In this role, you are expected to contribute to the design, development, and testing of new enhancements and advanced features for the Teradata Vantage Core Platform with a focus on sustaining for complex software and frontline support.
Responsibilities / Interesting Work You’ll Do
- Responsible for all phases of agile software development life cycle from software design through customer support
- Perform competitive analysis of other database systems and data integration solutions, and provide recommendations on Teradata offering changes to close competitive gaps and enhance competitive advantages
- Design, implement, validate, and test new database and novel query optimization features in an Agile form, and perform functional and performance analysis of code defects and correction of the defects
- Contribute to the delivery and continuous support of robust, resilient, and quality database products
Qualifications / Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related discipline, with at least three years of related research or industry experience, or
- Master’s Degree in Computer Science or related discipline
Ideally, you will also have the following
- Top-notch programming skills in C++, Java, Python, R, SQL
- Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design, design patterns, and test driver development
- System development experience
- Debugging with complex software in a parallel processing environment
- Passionate, self-motivated, risk taker, pro-active, initiative taker, good communicator (written & verbal), creative, and team-oriented
- Familiarity with various database technologies
- Experience using Agile software development methods and tools
Benefits You’ll Enjoy
*Our total compensation approach includes a competitive base salary, 401(k), strong work/family programs, and medical, dental and disability coverage.
*Teradata invites all identities and backgrounds in the workplace. We work with deliberation and intent to ensure we are cultivating collaboration and inclusivity across our global organization. We are proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, ancestry, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions), national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, military and veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
CountryEEOText_Description: Teradata invites all identities and backgrounds in the workplace. We work with deliberation and intent to ensure we are cultivating collaboration and inclusivity across our global organization. We are proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, ancestry, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions), national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, military and veteran status, or any other legally protected status. Consistent with Colorado law, Colorado applicants can email the firstname.lastname@example.org inbox to receive the compensation range information for this role. Please provide proof of Colorado residency in your request.
City: El Segundo
Community / Marketing Title: Software Engineer
Job Category: Engineering
Teradata is the connected multi-cloud data platform for enterprise analytics company. Our enterprise analytics solve business challenges from start to scale. Only Teradata gives you the flexibility to handle the massive and mixed data workloads of the future, today.
The Teradata Vantage architecture is cloud native, delivered as-a-service, and built on an open ecosystem. These design features make Vantage the ideal platform to optimize price performance in a multi-cloud environment.
Location_formattedLocationLong: El Segundo, California US