Principal Technical PM for Business Continuity
Location: San Diego, California US
Requisition Number: 212299
Principal Technical PM for Business Continuity
Teradata empowers companies to achieve high-impact business outcomes through analytics. With a powerful combination of Industry expertise and leading hybrid cloud technologies for data warehousing and big data analytics, Teradata unleashes the potential of great companies. Partnering with top companies around the world, Teradata helps improve customer experience, mitigate risk, drive product innovation, achieve operational excellence, transform finance, and optimize assets. Teradata is recognized by media and industry analysts as a future-focused company for its technological excellence, sustainability, ethics, and business value. Our groundbreaking product has been an 18-time leader in the Gartner Magic Quadrant for Cloud Database Management Systems and is a leader in The Forrester Wave: Data Management for Analytics.
The Teradata culture isn’t just about one kind of person. So many individuals make up who we are, making us that much more unique. It’s what sets apart the dynamic, diverse and, collaborative environment that is Teradata. But even as individuals, there’s one thing that we all share —our united goal of making Teradata and our people, the best we can be.
The Private Cloud & Business Continuity product portfolio consists of Private Cloud and Bare Metal Infrastructures, Ad Hoc & Experimental Workload Enablement, Analytics, Business Continuity & Disaster Recovery and Telemetry & Observability + Data Center Infrastructure Management (DCIM), we are responsible for charting and executing product and capabilities directions to achieve end user satisfaction, competitive distinction and ultimately to generate business benefits for our customers and Teradata. We have a wide range of responsibilities and a mandate to collaborate with both internal and external stakeholders to achieve our goals.
As customer push the limits of their mission critical Teradata systems, we are consistently focused on enhancing our capabilities, agility and, user experience. We our focused on the success of our customers, company and, team and on outcomes.
Our organization has a dynamic range befitting of a portfolio of products and capabilities intent upon capturing and preparing customer data, plus ensuring analytics are always on and operating at the highest efficiency. Overall, Teradata is recognized by media and industry analysts as a future-focused company for its technological excellence, sustainability, ethics, and business value.
Today Teradata offers industry-leading always-on capabilities enabling users to meet their business continuity/disaster recovery objectives and a variety of techniques for data migrations from old to new Teradata systems. However, what’s next for the industry? We believe that Teradata is poised to define the ultimate “always on” end state for the data answering industry at large and are looking for talent to help define that state, logically plan and execute with the team to achieve the goal.
As a Principal Technical Product Manager for Business Continuity, you will be responsible for defining, planning and, executing Teradata’s solutions for an always on infrastructure. You will drive product development, expanding solution capabilities by understanding first hand customer insights and translating business needs to engineering for development. You should be eager to work with our customers, with an engineering mindset, to provide Sales and Marketing the products they need to meet Teradata’s goals. We need you, as the candidate, to understand complex technical market needs and then translate these needs for consumption by a variety of teams using an Agile framework.
This Principal Technical Product Manager position is for a well-rounded candidate with relevant experience in technical software product ownership/management (or equivalent experience), agile development, accompanied by deployment and business proficiencies including competitive analysis, pricing, and licensing.
- Define and refine product and solution vision and manage the product backlog accordingly
- Validate the vision with internal stakeholder and external end user customers
- Declare and monitor key performance indicators (KPIs) to help define/refine product vision and prepare for execution
- Develop user centered requirements to realize an end-to-end offering and solution
- Develop market opportunity analysis, contribute to market POV, and monitor market trends to identify growth opportunities
- Ultimately deliver on an innovative offering and solution drawn from user requirements, market validation, and measured by KPIs
- Basic understanding of security
- Generally, ensure product ownership/management activities meet industry-leading standards, processes and controls for product release activities across solution suites
- Understands User Stories, Definition of Done and Acceptance Criteria and Tests
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to present and negotiate complex concepts to management, team members as well as non-technical audiences
- Exceptional ability to impact and influence business results where cross group collaboration is required using strong facilitation and consensus building skills
- Excellent written, verbal communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills
Involves a limited amount of travel (<20%)
- Authorized to work in the United States
- BA/BS in a relevant field
- 8+ years of Product Owner/Management (or equivalent) experience in a software technology business
- Practical experiences in relational database and data warehousing stacks Teradata, Oracle, HANA, Hadoop/NO-SQL repositories, and operational knowledge of visualization (like Qlik, Tableau, Cognos) and data transformation tools (like Pentaho, Informatica)
- Good understanding of public, private and hybrid cloud infrastructures and when to apply them
- Knowledge of customer system and data availability requirements, including measurement methodologies (RPO/RTO) and Uptime SLAs/SLOs, architectural approaches, etc.
- A proven customer centric viewpoint, with associated hands on experiences, fully aware of the competitive and industry trends
- Ability to create and own the product vision and manage the product backlog from a user centered perspective
- Deep understanding of open source data platform technologies and markets to support data integration and analytics tasks at scale: e.g. Hadoop, Spark, Kafka, Kubernetes
- Deep understanding of relational database technologies with an emphasis on technologies and brands that assert high availability like Goldengate and Oracle Dataguard.
- Hands on experience with public cloud technology, and a good market understanding
- Ability to analyze competitors, do SWOT analysis, and estimate market potential of feature and product
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills and ability to navigate a complex and unstructured cross-functional environment
- Track record of taking a product from conception & definition phase through engineering design and taking it to market
- Profound experience in managing the product life cycle management in AHA
Benefits You’ll Enjoy
Our total compensation approach includes a competitive base salary, 401(k), strong work/family programs, and medical, dental and disability coverage.
Teradata is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and commits to hiring returning veterans.
This position is located in San Diego, CA (specifically Rancho Bernardo) a state-of-the-art facility conducive to a creative and teaming atmosphere. This fast-paced high-tech environment is perfect for individuals seeking to exercise creativity and move our state-of-the-art technologies and product strategies forward.
CountryEEOText_Description: Teradata invites all identities and backgrounds in the workplace. We work with deliberation and intent to ensure we are cultivating collaboration and inclusivity across our global organization. We are proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, ancestry, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions), national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, military and veteran status, or any other legally protected status. Consistent with Colorado law, Colorado applicants can email the Ask.HR@teradata.com inbox to receive the compensation range information for this role. Please provide proof of Colorado residency in your request.
City: San Diego
Community / Marketing Title: Principal Technical PM for Business Continuity
Job Category: Product Management
Teradata (NYSE: TDC) is the leading multi-cloud data platform company for enterprise analytics, transforming how businesses work and people live through the power of data.
At Teradata, we are leading the data era. As enterprises address today’s digital economy, they are faced with new competition and consumer expectations and are turning to data to power their future. Teradata has worked with the largest companies in the world for 40+ years, bringing our experience and expertise to support global enterprises with their most demanding, mission-critical, complex, and large-scale data needs. Teradata is recognized as a leader in the cloud, data, and analytics spaces by top analyst firms, Gartner and Forrester, and Fortune Magazine as well.
Our connected multi-cloud data platform for enterprise analytics, Teradata Vantage™, is an extremely scalable, secure, and resilient offering that simplifies ecosystems by connecting data and making it easier to uncover insights from across the organization…regardless of where that data resides. With Vantage, we enable companies to modernize their data management, from start to scale. Every day, millions of users benefit from our open data platform. Empowering customers and partners to develop and build how they like, we enable hundreds of business outcomes and solutions, including improving customer experience and profitability, driving operational efficiency, realizing financial transformation, or achieving operational efficiency.
As the world of data grows, we are the leader in enabling the future of connected businesses, powered by data intelligence. We are committed to delivering on this vision by following sustainable business practices and with a strong focus on diversity, equity, and inclusion. We believe that only by embracing diversity of identity, thought, background, expression, and perspective can we solve today’s challenges and reimagine tomorrow’s world.
Location_formattedLocationLong: San Diego, California US