Technical Product Manager – Pricing
Location: San Francisco, California US
Requisition Number: 212298
Technical Product Manager- Pricing
Location: San Diego, CA (Will consider remote)
The Teradata Strategic Pricing and Packaging team drives the strategy and governance for Teradata offerings. We work cross-functionally across the business to deliver profitable pricing outcomes that are competitive for our customers and profitable for our company.
As the Technical Product Manager - Pricing you will validate pricing models, implement pricing with product, engineering and IT partners, and translate technical features and services into benefits and value for customers. You will lead and contribute to strategic programs as you work collaboratively with Product, Sales, Marketing, and Finance to impact company performance.
You will report to the Senior Director of Pricing & Packaging.
- Owner of deep technical knowledge for both on prem and cloud technologies for the pricing team
- Translate pricing requirements into stakeholder deliverables and hold those stakeholders accountable
- Communicate with non-technical stakeholders implications for price changes and decisions
- Identify implications of infrastructure performance changes on pricing model, customer TCO
- Flag roadmap initiatives that require monetization strategies
- Collaborate with Product Marketing to maximize customer value and monetization
- Collaborating with other Product Owners across dependent agile teams
- Participate in user research to refine pricing strategies
- Work with competitive benchmarking team to identify pricing implications for competitor strengths and weaknesses
- Define and monitor key performance indicators (KPIs) to help identify pricing opportunities
- Advise the pricing team on technical requirements and implications of pricing changes
- Monitor market trends and bridge business gaps to understand how the pricing strategy needs to change over time
Qualifications: The Basics
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Management Information Systems (MIS), Business or related technical field or equivalent of education and experience
- 3 -5+ years of Product Management or Product Owner experience in a software technology business
- Proven expertise defining cloud native user experiences with a customer obsessed mindset
- Ability to connect technical features to benefits to customer value
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to present and negotiate complex concepts to management, team members as well as non-technical audiences
- Exceptional ability to impact and influence business results where cross group collaboration is required using strong facilitation and consensus building skills
- This position is based out of the research and development main campus in San Diego, California or remote
- Master of Science (MS) or Master of Business Administration (MBA) preferred
- 4+ years of technical software development or cloud database experience
- 2+ years of consulting or other relevant experience in the software technology field
- Strong technical background with Azure, Google Cloud Platform (GCP) and/or Amazon Web Services (AWS) public cloud platforms
- Pricing strategy and implementation familiarity in SaaS environment
- Experience working for a software as-a-service (SaaS) company
Qualifications: Things that will set you apart
- Hands-on experience building and delivering services built on public cloud technology from providers like GCP, AWS, and Azure
- Deep understanding of public cloud infrastructure, including compute, storage, and networking
- Excellent understanding of the Enterprise Data Warehousing and Analytics Market with trends, customer deployment models, monetization models and technologies
- Recent experience in the design and implementation of highly-scalable, highly-available, enterprise software or cloud (SaaS, IaaS, and/or PaaS) services and solutions
Teradata invites all identities and backgrounds in the workplace. We work with deliberation and intent to ensure we are cultivating collaboration and inclusivity across our global organization. We are proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, ancestry, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions), national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, military and veteran status, or any other legally protected status. Consistent with Colorado law, Colorado applicants can email the Ask.HR@teradata.com inbox to receive the compensation range information for this role. Please provide proof of Colorado residency in your request.
CountryEEOText_Description: Teradata invites all identities and backgrounds in the workplace. We work with deliberation and intent to ensure we are cultivating collaboration and inclusivity across our global organization. We are proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, ancestry, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions), national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, military and veteran status, or any other legally protected status. Consistent with Colorado law, Colorado applicants can email the Ask.HR@teradata.com inbox to receive the compensation range information for this role. Please provide proof of Colorado residency in your request.
City: San Francisco
Community / Marketing Title: Technical Product Manager – Pricing
Job Category: Product Management
Teradata (NYSE: TDC) is the leading multi-cloud data platform company for enterprise analytics, transforming how businesses work and people live through the power of data.
At Teradata, we are leading the data era. As enterprises address today’s digital economy, they are faced with new competition and consumer expectations and are turning to data to power their future. Teradata has worked with the largest companies in the world for 40+ years, bringing our experience and expertise to support global enterprises with their most demanding, mission-critical, complex, and large-scale data needs. Teradata is recognized as a leader in the cloud, data, and analytics spaces by top analyst firms, Gartner and Forrester, and Fortune Magazine as well.
Our connected multi-cloud data platform for enterprise analytics, Teradata Vantage™, is an extremely scalable, secure, and resilient offering that simplifies ecosystems by connecting data and making it easier to uncover insights from across the organization…regardless of where that data resides. With Vantage, we enable companies to modernize their data management, from start to scale. Every day, millions of users benefit from our open data platform. Empowering customers and partners to develop and build how they like, we enable hundreds of business outcomes and solutions, including improving customer experience and profitability, driving operational efficiency, realizing financial transformation, or achieving operational efficiency.
As the world of data grows, we are the leader in enabling the future of connected businesses, powered by data intelligence. We are committed to delivering on this vision by following sustainable business practices and with a strong focus on diversity, equity, and inclusion. We believe that only by embracing diversity of identity, thought, background, expression, and perspective can we solve today’s challenges and reimagine tomorrow’s world.
Location_formattedLocationLong: San Francisco, California US