Senior Financial Analyst for Go-to-Market
Location: San Diego, California US
Requisition Number: 212278
In this position, you will partner with Go-To-Market (GTM) Team as a financial expert, providing monthly and quarterly financial analysis, quarterly outlook, annual and long-range plan development, management reporting, and other general financial planning activities. The person in this role can work from our San Diego, CA office or may work virtual from elsewhere in the United States.
You will collect, prepare, analyze and present financial data, highlighting operating results for use in business review, planning, reporting and monthly outlook processes.
Develop Monthly Outlook
- Work closely with operating management to develop outlook P&L
- Review outlook against results for validation of achievability
- Review risk in outlook and determine how to reduce risk
- Develop contingency plans as needed
- Provide Senior management with timely, relevant, and actionable financial and operational reporting and forecasting
- Provide ongoing intra-month updates
Strategic Long-Range Plan (SLRP)
- Review historical results to determine future trends
- Operationalize long-range plan
- Determine hiring implications for meeting plan parameters
- Develop plan P&L and Capital plan
- Develop headcount plan aligned with expense plan
- Determine calendarization and allocation methodologies
- Perform gap analysis and consolidation
- Apply Accounting changes
- Complete/load/submit plan template
Process & System Improvements
- Review strengths and weaknesses of planning processes and tools
- Prioritize improvements based on planning cycle
- Improve the planning process through automation or eliminating non-value add activities
- Bachelor's degree in Finance or Accounting, Masters preferred
- 7+ years related work experience in Finance or Finance-related specialties
- Demonstrated financial/analytical skills gained through formal education or work experience
- Ability to work under pressure and successfully meet business-driven and financial deadlines.
- Knowledge of Business Objects and Hyperion Planning
- Strong capability and demonstration in Excel and other windows applications
- Experience in Financial Planning and knowledge of GAAP Accounting
CountryEEOText_Description: Teradata invites all identities and backgrounds in the workplace. We work with deliberation and intent to ensure we are cultivating collaboration and inclusivity across our global organization. We are proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, ancestry, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions), national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, military and veteran status, or any other legally protected status. Consistent with Colorado law, Colorado applicants can email the Ask.HR@teradata.com inbox to receive the compensation range information for this role. Please provide proof of Colorado residency in your request.
City: San Diego
Community / Marketing Title: Senior Financial Analyst for Go-to-Market
Job Category: Finance
Teradata (NYSE: TDC) is the leading multi-cloud data platform company for enterprise analytics, transforming how businesses work and people live through the power of data.
At Teradata, we are leading the data era. As enterprises address today’s digital economy, they are faced with new competition and consumer expectations and are turning to data to power their future. Teradata has worked with the largest companies in the world for 40+ years, bringing our experience and expertise to support global enterprises with their most demanding, mission-critical, complex, and large-scale data needs. Teradata is recognized as a leader in the cloud, data, and analytics spaces by top analyst firms, Gartner and Forrester, and Fortune Magazine as well.
Our connected multi-cloud data platform for enterprise analytics, Teradata Vantage™, is an extremely scalable, secure, and resilient offering that simplifies ecosystems by connecting data and making it easier to uncover insights from across the organization…regardless of where that data resides. With Vantage, we enable companies to modernize their data management, from start to scale. Every day, millions of users benefit from our open data platform. Empowering customers and partners to develop and build how they like, we enable hundreds of business outcomes and solutions, including improving customer experience and profitability, driving operational efficiency, realizing financial transformation, or achieving operational efficiency.
As the world of data grows, we are the leader in enabling the future of connected businesses, powered by data intelligence. We are committed to delivering on this vision by following sustainable business practices and with a strong focus on diversity, equity, and inclusion. We believe that only by embracing diversity of identity, thought, background, expression, and perspective can we solve today’s challenges and reimagine tomorrow’s world.
Location_formattedLocationLong: San Diego, California US