VP - Cloud, IT Services and Operations
Location: San Diego, California US
Requisition Number: 212269
VP of Cloud, IT Services and Operations
The key focus for the VP of Cloud, IT Services & Operations will be to enable the global Teradata business with technology available around the globe with a broad set of Infrastructure and Cloud services including supporting private & public data centers, >40 offices, a hybrid work model, essential customer support center, network and telecom services, desktop engineering and support, end user support and delivery. Teradata has a hybrid cloud strategy including private and public cloud support. This global team is a mix of managed services, 3rd party labor and employees that come together to deliver a seamless experience for both internal and external parties.
As a key member of the senior IT leadership team, the IT VP of Cloud, IT Services & Operations will report directly to the CIO. This leader will play a strategic role in shaping the technology that enables four key pan-Teradata functions- Product Engineering, Facilities and Human Resources. Strategic alignment on what is needed to enable Teradata to thrive and then transforming systems wo ensure secure, stable and scalable IT solutions for Teradata and its partners/customers.
A critical first step for this role will be to determine how best to support the evolving workforce/workplace strategies and how to optimize the productivity of product engineering and the customer support team. The ideal candidate will be equally curious about IT industry trends and the strategic challenges facing Teradata leaders to identify synergies and strategic direction. They are also accountable for leading a team of technology leaders and experts who are accountable for delivering operational excellence to Teradata, ensuring availability of core systems 24x7.
- Thought leader and strategist to provide technology insights to the Product Engineering, Customer Service & Support and IT organizations. This will require agility to learn and adapt to business and tech trends and apply to highly complex business needs and operations. With an eye for customer value (and business value), this requires deep business acumen, being on the pulse of current capabilities and security trends to provide economic value to our customers.
- Strategic partner with Corporate Real Estate and Human Resources on all workplace and workforce strategic choice-points, defining strategies and building plans that enable the tools & technology to enable Teradata to attract and retain top-talent.
- Vigilance on Teradata’s risk position for the overall infrastructure offerings and impact on Teradata’s employee and customers. As the backbone of how the company communicates, connects and operates, understanding the threat landscape and being proactive with the infrastructure protection and defense measures will be critical.
- Accountable for IT Disaster Recovery across infrastructure, applications, business intelligence and operations. Includes assessing risk and leading peers to proactively mitigate risks, in addition to serving as overall leader for any IT disaster recovery events.
- Technology leader for the various 24x7 Global Infrastructure and Operations service areas including: networking/telecom, data centers, cloud, support, change-control, end-user applications, PC management and collaboration tools – complex set of technologies and services that enable Teradata to engage with, sell to, and support our customers.
- Advocate for technology as an input into Teradata’s strategic planning. Includes being well versed in industry trends.
- Champion of process/continuous improvement and DevOps transformation.
- People leader focused on ensuring availability, performance, scalability and security of the Teradata platforms and landscapes.
- Responsible for change control and governance of the landscape. Managing risk and ensuring seamless changes / moves to production.
- Global team management with a mix of employee and 3rd party workforces balancing cost optimization and maintaining high level of business engagement, support and operational up-time.
- Simplify overall infrastructure operations and maintain visibility and control proactively at multiple layers across the IT environments.
- Oversee and lead collaboration activities with vendors, business operations and internal cross functional IT teams.
- Mentor leadership and talented individuals in infrastructure operations, end user services, and service desk teams to develop a world class, meeting the performance expectations of Teradata’s customer base (global 10K customers).
- Bachelor’s or master's degree in computer science, information systems, business administration, related field or equivalent with 10 years relevant experience; or 15 years equivalent work experience, and 10+ years in a leadership role including strategy, budgeting and staffing.
- Technical expertise in 3 or more of key responsibility areas and learning aptitude to address areas less familiar: telecom, data centers, cloud, support, change-control, end-user applications, PC mgmt., collaboration tools
- 5+ years experience in the Software industry; SaaS experience preferred.
- Seasoned leader that naturally invests and builds highly motivated teams globally.
- Demonstrated experience leading complex, global IT technology initiatives with a focus on simplification,, security and cost optimization.
- Familiarity and application of NIST CSF.
- Data driven leader that understands the critical KPI drivers that enable a world class organization. Experienced delivering key IT service management (ITSM) techniques, policies, along with establishing SLA's, KPIs and other key operational metrics.
- Experience with multiple cloud providers and private cloud including experience leading cloud migration strategies and program execution
- Experience with comprehensive disaster recovery architecture and operations, including storage area network and redundant, highly-available server and network architectures
- Willingness to dive into operations and technologies at detailed levels in order to effectively triage performance issues and perform root cause analysis
- Excellent communication, relationship and interpersonal skills with the ability to “tell the story” of the data and insight. This includes a strong ability to communicate with IT users and business leaders to understand requirements, expectations and value measures.
- Experience working closely with senior executives, understanding priorities, what information is needed to support decisions and confident in delivering presentations and advisement to senior leaders
- Ability to work across a complex organization to create needed alignment and harness relationships and sphere of influence
CountryEEOText_Description: Teradata invites all identities and backgrounds in the workplace. We work with deliberation and intent to ensure we are cultivating collaboration and inclusivity across our global organization. We are proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, ancestry, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions), national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, military and veteran status, or any other legally protected status. Consistent with Colorado law, Colorado applicants can email the Ask.HR@teradata.com inbox to receive the compensation range information for this role. Please provide proof of Colorado residency in your request.
City: San Diego
Community / Marketing Title: VP - Cloud, IT Services and Operations
Job Category: IT
Teradata (NYSE: TDC) is the leading multi-cloud data platform company for enterprise analytics, transforming how businesses work and people live through the power of data.
At Teradata, we are leading the data era. As enterprises address today’s digital economy, they are faced with new competition and consumer expectations and are turning to data to power their future. Teradata has worked with the largest companies in the world for 40+ years, bringing our experience and expertise to support global enterprises with their most demanding, mission-critical, complex, and large-scale data needs. Teradata is recognized as a leader in the cloud, data, and analytics spaces by top analyst firms, Gartner and Forrester, and Fortune Magazine as well.
Our connected multi-cloud data platform for enterprise analytics, Teradata Vantage™, is an extremely scalable, secure, and resilient offering that simplifies ecosystems by connecting data and making it easier to uncover insights from across the organization…regardless of where that data resides. With Vantage, we enable companies to modernize their data management, from start to scale. Every day, millions of users benefit from our open data platform. Empowering customers and partners to develop and build how they like, we enable hundreds of business outcomes and solutions, including improving customer experience and profitability, driving operational efficiency, realizing financial transformation, or achieving operational efficiency.
As the world of data grows, we are the leader in enabling the future of connected businesses, powered by data intelligence. We are committed to delivering on this vision by following sustainable business practices and with a strong focus on diversity, equity, and inclusion. We believe that only by embracing diversity of identity, thought, background, expression, and perspective can we solve today’s challenges and reimagine tomorrow’s world.
Location_formattedLocationLong: San Diego, California US