VP, IT Enterprise Solutions & ERP Transformation
Location: San Diego, California US
Requisition Number: 212268
VP, IT Enterprise Solutions
The key focus for the IT VP of Enterprise Solutions will be to enable the global Teradata business to thrive over the next 10+years by building a solid application foundation that streamlines processes and unlocks business value through data. Teradata’s mission is to transform how businesses work and people live through the power of data will be applied within Teradata and the application ecosystem will reflect this drive for excellence, agility, and technical leadership.
As a key member of the senior IT leadership team, the IT VP of Enterprise Solutions will report directly to the CIO. This person will represent the IT voice with key partners including HR, Finance & Accounting, Tax, Treasury, Procurement, Facilities, Physical Security, and all functions supported by an end-to-end ERP system (e.g. Order Management, CPQ, Billing, Invoice, Delivery and Service).
A critical first step for this role will be to lead the business and IT through the transformation of business processes and data via the selection, design and implementation of a new ERP system which will accelerate the realization of Teradata’s business strategies. The ideal candidate will be equally great at working collaboratively at all levels, have hands-on experience leading ERP solution deployments and demonstrated success leading cross-company transformational change.
- Develop strategic partnerships with Teradata’s HR, Finance and ERP executive leadership teams as well as key leaders throughout the IT and business functions.
- Lead a joint business & IT team in delivering transformed business processes, data and master data via the selection, design, deployment and robust adoption of a new ERP solution. Keen focus on simplified, industry standard processes that are responsive to the evolution of company strategies.
- Build a framework for business engagement that proactively maintains business roadmaps that are technology enabled, completes strategic planning activities, and builds ownership and accountability through joint steering committees and governance processes.
- Champion data quality and BI/analytics efforts as a core value and key deliverables in project planning and delivery.
- Constantly assess and action methods to reduce complexity in the landscape including retirement or optimizing the value of legacy applications.
- Advocate for technology as an input into Teradata’s strategic planning. Includes being well versed in the industry and industry trends.
- Rollout continuous improvement and Agile methodologies that provide the business with continuous delivery and value.
- Operational accountability for functions including owning the support and health of the applications.
- Manage broad portfolio across multiple business areas, including large initiatives and small initiatives. Prioritize against overall corporate needs and capacity plans.
- People leader focused on ensuring business and customer satisfaction enabled by business applications that work and meet the dynamic needs.
- Responsible for change control and governance of application landscape. Managing risk and ensuring seamless changes / moves to production.
- Global team management with a mix of employee and 3rd party workforces balancing cost optimization and maintaining high level of business engagement, support, and project delivery.
- Mentor leadership and talented individuals in IT to develop a world class organization that delights in our customer’s success.
- Bachelor’s or master's degree in computer science, information systems, business administration, related field or equivalent with 10 years relevant experience; or 15 years equivalent work experience, and 10+ years in a leadership role including strategy, budgeting, and staffing.
- Experience leading 2-3 large scale ERP program implementations including experience with business capability mapping, tool selection, capacity planning, implementation, user-adoption and post-production support.
- Experience working closely with senior executives, understanding priorities, what information is needed to support decisions and confident in delivering presentations and advisement to senior leaders
- Experience working with SI’s and holding them accountable to scope, timelines and budget
- Ability to work across a complex organization to create needed alignment and harness relationships and sphere of influence.
- Ability to assess and manage risks and opportunities to drive success of large-scale programs.
- Ability to lead the team in a complex, dynamic business environment with agility and bias for action.
- Functional expertise in 3 or more of key responsibility areas and learning aptitude to address areas less familiar: Finance, Treasury, Tax, Procurement, HR, Physical Security and Facilities
- Has been involved in setting standards for project and change delivery. PMP certification a plus.
- Experience building Agile methodology frameworks and change management initiatives
- Passionate about data and has experience with building business use cases to solve strategic business imperatives.
- 5+ years’ experience in the Software industry; SaaS experience preferred.
- Seasoned leader that naturally invests and builds highly motivated teams globally.
- Data driven leader that understands the critical KPI drivers that enable a world class organization.
- Willingness to dive into operations and technologies at detailed levels to effectively triage issues and perform root cause analysis
- Excellent communication, relationship, and interpersonal skills with the ability to “tell the story” of the data and insight. This includes a strong ability to communicate with IT users and business leaders to understand requirements, expectations, and value measures.
CountryEEOText_Description: Teradata invites all identities and backgrounds in the workplace. We work with deliberation and intent to ensure we are cultivating collaboration and inclusivity across our global organization. We are proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, ancestry, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions), national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, military and veteran status, or any other legally protected status. Consistent with Colorado law, Colorado applicants can email the Ask.HR@teradata.com inbox to receive the compensation range information for this role. Please provide proof of Colorado residency in your request.
City: San Diego
Community / Marketing Title: VP, IT Enterprise Solutions & ERP Transformation
Job Category: IT
Teradata (NYSE: TDC) is the leading multi-cloud data platform company for enterprise analytics, transforming how businesses work and people live through the power of data.
At Teradata, we are leading the data era. As enterprises address today’s digital economy, they are faced with new competition and consumer expectations and are turning to data to power their future. Teradata has worked with the largest companies in the world for 40+ years, bringing our experience and expertise to support global enterprises with their most demanding, mission-critical, complex, and large-scale data needs. Teradata is recognized as a leader in the cloud, data, and analytics spaces by top analyst firms, Gartner and Forrester, and Fortune Magazine as well.
Our connected multi-cloud data platform for enterprise analytics, Teradata Vantage™, is an extremely scalable, secure, and resilient offering that simplifies ecosystems by connecting data and making it easier to uncover insights from across the organization…regardless of where that data resides. With Vantage, we enable companies to modernize their data management, from start to scale. Every day, millions of users benefit from our open data platform. Empowering customers and partners to develop and build how they like, we enable hundreds of business outcomes and solutions, including improving customer experience and profitability, driving operational efficiency, realizing financial transformation, or achieving operational efficiency.
As the world of data grows, we are the leader in enabling the future of connected businesses, powered by data intelligence. We are committed to delivering on this vision by following sustainable business practices and with a strong focus on diversity, equity, and inclusion. We believe that only by embracing diversity of identity, thought, background, expression, and perspective can we solve today’s challenges and reimagine tomorrow’s world.
Location_formattedLocationLong: San Diego, California US