Senior Test Engineer
Location: Hyderabad, Telangana, India
Requisition Number: 212267
Primary responsibility will be performing feature testing for the Teradata Cloud Database features including understanding the feature specifications early in the development cycle to create test specifications, test cases and test plan, under the guidance of the feature test architects.
Additional responsibility will include isolating and trouble shooting the problems, providing assistance to the developers in resolving problems related to the Cloud Database features in general.
Candidate will be expected to work closely with feature architects/manager, Tech lead, & Team members. Programming skills in C, Shell and Python are required. Having strong SQL knowledge will be an added advantage. The ideal candidate will also be able to write Feature/Unit/Performance test cases and automation scripts.
Education and Experience Requirements:
Bachelor’s/Master’s degree in Computer Science or related field with 5+ years of programming experience and/or software testing experience.
- Ability to understand product features and functionalities from design documents
- Ability to write feature test specifications, developing the test cases and automating them, testing of bug fixes, providing assistance in debugging and isolating the problems
- Experience working in Unix/Linux environments.
- Experience working with Relational Databases (RDBMS) and SQL.
- Understanding and designing test frameworks for test
- Working experience in Agile Software Development with exposure to test driven development
- Good technical/conceptual performance testing knowledge
- Proficient in any of the scripting languages
- Good knowledge in CICD and DevOps tools
Key Areas of Responsibility:
- Responsible primarily for the feature testing of cloud database features.
- Participate in understanding of feature enhancements and creation of test specifications, cases and plan as needed.
- Develop test scripts either using C language, Shell scripting, Python etc.
- Write technical documents that accurately describe unit test plans and reports.
- Execute tests according to approved test plans.
- Aptitude for understanding complex software from the functional and technical perspective.
- Report progress against objectives on periodic basis
Works with project team members and architects and reports to engineering manager.
- Strong programming skills with Python, Perl, Shell etc.
- Software development experience in Linux/Unix Environment
- Ability to learn and adapt to new technology
- Attention to detail
- Ability to follow documented specifications and plans with minimal supervision
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Works well in a team environment
- The following skills are desirable but not required:
- Cloud testing
- Teradata Database Knowledge
State: Andhra Pradesh
Community / Marketing Title: Senior Test Engineer
Job Category: Engineering
Teradata (NYSE: TDC) is the leading multi-cloud data platform company for enterprise analytics, transforming how businesses work and people live through the power of data.
At Teradata, we are leading the data era. As enterprises address today’s digital economy, they are faced with new competition and consumer expectations and are turning to data to power their future. Teradata has worked with the largest companies in the world for 40+ years, bringing our experience and expertise to support global enterprises with their most demanding, mission-critical, complex, and large-scale data needs. Teradata is recognized as a leader in the cloud, data, and analytics spaces by top analyst firms, Gartner and Forrester, and Fortune Magazine as well.
Our connected multi-cloud data platform for enterprise analytics, Teradata Vantage™, is an extremely scalable, secure, and resilient offering that simplifies ecosystems by connecting data and making it easier to uncover insights from across the organization…regardless of where that data resides. With Vantage, we enable companies to modernize their data management, from start to scale. Every day, millions of users benefit from our open data platform. Empowering customers and partners to develop and build how they like, we enable hundreds of business outcomes and solutions, including improving customer experience and profitability, driving operational efficiency, realizing financial transformation, or achieving operational efficiency.
As the world of data grows, we are the leader in enabling the future of connected businesses, powered by data intelligence. We are committed to delivering on this vision by following sustainable business practices and with a strong focus on diversity, equity, and inclusion. We believe that only by embracing diversity of identity, thought, background, expression, and perspective can we solve today’s challenges and reimagine tomorrow’s world.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh IN