Technical Support Specialist, Dispatch Support
Location: Tijuana, Mexico MX
Requisition Number: 212223
Technical Support Specialist, Dispatch Support
Location: Tijuana, BC, Mexico (Zona Rio)
Teradata’s GSO Base support organization has an exciting opening for energetic individuals with a desire to work in a fast-paced support environment that allows you to work with customers, field representatives and technical engineers. You will be instrumental in managing through the transformation to a more automated and optimized onsite dispatch process.
What We Do
The Teradata Base Support team is a 24x7 high-volume global support center. Along with incident management and dispatch support, we provide technical/functional knowledge necessary to resolve customer’s problems, both internal and external.
What You’ll Do
As a Dispatch Support Specialist, you will manage all administrative aspects of the field dispatch process and support the development of automation to optimize common practices. You will also perform troubleshooting activities, escalate problems to the appropriate party(s), and assist in communicating the solution to the customer. You will develop and maintain a working knowledge of current hardware, software, firmware, processes, and tools. You are required to have both strong technical and interpersonal skills. The work environment requires 24x7 coverage so flexibility in on-call and shift rotation might be required.
- Accept and respond to incoming calls and emails
- Provide Initial problem triage and clarify problem definition
- Manage onsite dispatch tasks including:
- Work order creation and communication with the vendor
- Failed part identification
- Check parts availability onsite
- Facilitate parts ordering
- System access coordination
- On-site visit coordination
- Case management and coordination with the vendor
- Scheduling maintenance windows for downtime activities
- Facilitate maintenance and recovery activities
- Provide remote support to on-site resources
- Log problem resolution and support knowledge creation
- Coordinate with customers and end-users to implement solutions
- Work set schedules including weekends and holidays in support of 24X7 coverage
- USA B1/B2 Visa (or the ability to obtain as a condition of employment)
- Strong English communication skills (Verbal and Written)
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
- 0-2 years of Technical Support related experience
- Basic Database and Operating System knowledge
- Experience in Help Desk/Customer service position is a plus
Ideally, you will also have the following: (Preferred Qualifications)
- Knowledge of Support Center procedures and troubleshooting protocols.
- Knowledge of UNIX, Linux, Windows, and other current operating systems.
- Knowledge of Teradata support tools including the installation of remote tools
Community / Marketing Title: Technical Support Specialist, Dispatch Support
Job Category: Customer Support
Teradata (NYSE: TDC) is the leading multi-cloud data platform company for enterprise analytics, transforming how businesses work and people live through the power of data.
At Teradata, we are leading the data era. As enterprises address today’s digital economy, they are faced with new competition and consumer expectations and are turning to data to power their future. Teradata has worked with the largest companies in the world for 40+ years, bringing our experience and expertise to support global enterprises with their most demanding, mission-critical, complex, and large-scale data needs. Teradata is recognized as a leader in the cloud, data, and analytics spaces by top analyst firms, Gartner and Forrester, and Fortune Magazine as well.
Our connected multi-cloud data platform for enterprise analytics, Teradata Vantage™, is an extremely scalable, secure, and resilient offering that simplifies ecosystems by connecting data and making it easier to uncover insights from across the organization…regardless of where that data resides. With Vantage, we enable companies to modernize their data management, from start to scale. Every day, millions of users benefit from our open data platform. Empowering customers and partners to develop and build how they like, we enable hundreds of business outcomes and solutions, including improving customer experience and profitability, driving operational efficiency, realizing financial transformation, or achieving operational efficiency.
As the world of data grows, we are the leader in enabling the future of connected businesses, powered by data intelligence. We are committed to delivering on this vision by following sustainable business practices and with a strong focus on diversity, equity, and inclusion. We believe that only by embracing diversity of identity, thought, background, expression, and perspective can we solve today’s challenges and reimagine tomorrow’s world.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Tijuana, Mexico MX