Corporate Governance Manager
Location: San Diego, California US
Requisition Number: 212145
This Manager, Corporate Governance position in the Teradata Law Department shall be an integral member of Teradata’s Corporate Law group, directly providing substantive support to, and interacting with, Teradata’s board of directors, senior management, and internal and external legal counsel. In this highly visible, cross-functional role, the Manager, Corporate Governance shall have responsibility for the global corporate subsidiary structure, as well as lead and/or support a variety of key Law Department and company-wide initiatives, such as the company’s environmental, social and governance (ESG) program.
Education and Experience:
- The ideal candidate should have a bachelor’s degree or equivalent practical experience, with at least 10 years of corporate paralegal experience; prior public company in-house and law firm experience is preferred.
- The ideal candidate should have strong knowledge relating to securities law compliance, Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) regulations and filings, and SEC and New York Stock Exchange (NYSE) corporate governance requirements. The ideal candidate should have experience in supporting the board of directors of a public company and experience managing a global corporate subsidiary structure.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
- Support securities law compliance and SEC reporting, including the preparation and filing of periodic and current reports (Forms 10-K, 10-Q, and 8-K), proxy statements, registration statements, conflict minerals reports, and other public company and regulatory filings.
- Provide support for corporate governance matters, including board, committee, stockholder and NYSE matters and the development and administration of corporate governance policies and charters.
- Manage the company’s Annual Meeting of Stockholders and its global corporate subsidiary structure and corporate activities.
- Coordinate and support the company’s shareholder engagement program.
- Manage and/or support key Law Department and company-wide initiatives, including the company’s ESG program, restructurings, modernization and other special projects.
- Provide support on Treasury matters, including share repurchases, financings and capital markets transactions.
- Provide support on strategic transactions, including mergers, acquisitions, and divestitures.
- Maintain corporate legal and related records.
- The ability to work in a fast-paced environment with competing priorities, while remaining flexible, proactive and resourceful is essential. Ability to work under pressure, prioritizing, and finding innovative solutions to resolve issues quickly and independently is key.
- Demonstrate a strong work ethic by being results driven, paying attention to detail and following-through.
- Excellent organizational, communication and project management skills, with ability to work cross functionally.
- This position requires a professional demeanor, sense of urgency, and the ability to keep sensitive material conversations strictly confidential. Ability to interact effectively with a variety of individuals at all organizational levels, including the Board of Directors and senior management is essential.
- Demonstrated proficiency with processes, procedures, workflows and productivity tools, including software adaption and implementation.
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite, Teams, board portals, SEC reporting software, entity management software, and DocuSign.
- Teradata encourages flexible working that allows this position to be filled from a virtual work location, with West Coast time zone being preferable, or from the San Diego office and working remotely from a home office, subject to business needs.
- Will require occasional domestic travel.
CountryEEOText_Description: Teradata invites all identities and backgrounds in the workplace. We work with deliberation and intent to ensure we are cultivating collaboration and inclusivity across our global organization. We are proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, ancestry, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions), national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, military and veteran status, or any other legally protected status. Consistent with Colorado law, Colorado applicants can email the Ask.HR@teradata.com inbox to receive the compensation range information for this role. Please provide proof of Colorado residency in your request.
City: San Diego
Community / Marketing Title: Corporate Governance Manager
Job Category: Legal
Teradata (NYSE: TDC) is the leading multi-cloud data platform company for enterprise analytics, transforming how businesses work and people live through the power of data.
At Teradata, we are leading the data era. As enterprises address today’s digital economy, they are faced with new competition and consumer expectations and are turning to data to power their future. Teradata has worked with the largest companies in the world for 40+ years, bringing our experience and expertise to support global enterprises with their most demanding, mission-critical, complex, and large-scale data needs. Teradata is recognized as a leader in the cloud, data, and analytics spaces by top analyst firms, Gartner and Forrester, and Fortune Magazine as well.
Our connected multi-cloud data platform for enterprise analytics, Teradata Vantage™, is an extremely scalable, secure, and resilient offering that simplifies ecosystems by connecting data and making it easier to uncover insights from across the organization…regardless of where that data resides. With Vantage, we enable companies to modernize their data management, from start to scale. Every day, millions of users benefit from our open data platform. Empowering customers and partners to develop and build how they like, we enable hundreds of business outcomes and solutions, including improving customer experience and profitability, driving operational efficiency, realizing financial transformation, or achieving operational efficiency.
As the world of data grows, we are the leader in enabling the future of connected businesses, powered by data intelligence. We are committed to delivering on this vision by following sustainable business practices and with a strong focus on diversity, equity, and inclusion. We believe that only by embracing diversity of identity, thought, background, expression, and perspective can we solve today’s challenges and reimagine tomorrow’s world.
Location_formattedLocationLong: San Diego, California US