Location: Mexico City, Mexico MX
Requisition Number: 212141
The Teradata Pricing Analyst is responsible for bid and P&L development for accounts in the Americas.
The Pricing Analyst will be responsible for detailed pricing and P&L analysis for these deals utilizing Teradata’s Pricing Tools and Pricing Automation.
The Pricing Analyst will provide vital counsel to Sales and Sales Management and Deal Managers on product alternatives, pricing options, competition, and price negotiation techniques, then provide and secure bid approval as required via Teradata’s Pricing Automation deployment in Salesforce.
On a day-to-day basis, working with the sales teams, this includes information, analysis and recommendations that assist the Geo/Industry VP and Sales management to win business and increase profitability.
Close working relationship is required with Sales, Planning, Revenue Recognition, Product Management, and other functions.
The position reports to the Americas Deal Desk Director.
- Support a Teradata Sales organization -- a General Manager and AVPs reporting to the GM and their sales teams, including:
- Evaluate bid pricing and terms & conditions, identify risks and options, and offer recommendations to sales management.
- Provide price structuring & scenario analysis relevant to sales strategy
- Provide advice and business consulting for sales teams and GEO VP
- Interact on Pricing projects and present to Teradata LT Members
- Understand data analytics technology and competitor products and tactics
- Participate in many aspects of sales-oriented activities including participation on customer calls and visits with sales team
- Support and provide pricing for Support and Consulting/Professional Services
- Participate and provide input to account planning sessions
- Consolidate opportunity pricing & prepare revenue recognition analysis for major bids
- Submit approvals vis Pricing Automation in Salesforce
- Ensure that appropriate levels of approval have been obtained at region and corporate level for all bids as determined by Corporate Policy.
- Gather and disseminate general product pricing information
- Monitor price & cost changes, and other product information as it impacts deals
- Provide opportunity & competitive feedback to Americas region/corporate level pricing
- Provide general pricing, business, accounting advice for sales teams
- Strong leadership and excellent interpersonal skills. Ability to work closely with multiple functional areas to achieve desired outcomes
- The ability to professionally discuss business issues with management and offer advice and alternatives.
- Bachelor’s degree, Minimum 2 years related work experience or college new hire with Internship experience in Finance
- Strong capability in Excel, PowerPoint, and other windows applications
- Demonstrated analytical/financial skills gained through formal education, certification, or work experience.
- Self-directed individual
- Knowledge of web-based applications, sales support tools, or other modern programming languages
- Experience in Finance, Technology, or Sales-support function
- Knowledge of Data Warehousing / Analytics and Cloud
- MBA, prior Pricing, Solution Architect, or Financial experience
City: Mexico City
Community / Marketing Title: Pricing Analyst
Job Category: Finance
Teradata (NYSE: TDC) is the leading multi-cloud data platform company for enterprise analytics, transforming how businesses work and people live through the power of data.
At Teradata, we are leading the data era. As enterprises address today’s digital economy, they are faced with new competition and consumer expectations and are turning to data to power their future. Teradata has worked with the largest companies in the world for 40+ years, bringing our experience and expertise to support global enterprises with their most demanding, mission-critical, complex, and large-scale data needs. Teradata is recognized as a leader in the cloud, data, and analytics spaces by top analyst firms, Gartner and Forrester, and Fortune Magazine as well.
Our connected multi-cloud data platform for enterprise analytics, Teradata Vantage™, is an extremely scalable, secure, and resilient offering that simplifies ecosystems by connecting data and making it easier to uncover insights from across the organization…regardless of where that data resides. With Vantage, we enable companies to modernize their data management, from start to scale. Every day, millions of users benefit from our open data platform. Empowering customers and partners to develop and build how they like, we enable hundreds of business outcomes and solutions, including improving customer experience and profitability, driving operational efficiency, realizing financial transformation, or achieving operational efficiency.
As the world of data grows, we are the leader in enabling the future of connected businesses, powered by data intelligence. We are committed to delivering on this vision by following sustainable business practices and with a strong focus on diversity, equity, and inclusion. We believe that only by embracing diversity of identity, thought, background, expression, and perspective can we solve today’s challenges and reimagine tomorrow’s world.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Mexico City, Mexico MX