Senior Cloud Engineer
Location: Pune, Maharashtra, India
Requisition Number: 212139
Senior Cloud Engineer – Cloud Data Protection
Teradata, the world's leading data analytics company is looking for experienced developers to join our Teradata Cloud team. If you are interested in working in a startup environment where you can directly influence the future of cloud based analytics solutions and services, then the Teradata Cloud is the place for you. You will actively define and implement state of the art technical solutions, including capabilities to support elastic scalability, on-demand self-service, disaster recovery, and usage based consumption, to enable customers to solve their most complex data analytics challenges.
Teradata Cloud seeks a Staff Cloud Engineer to build and operate highly scalable production systems/services on the cloud. As a Staff Cloud Engineer, your focus will be on designing, building, deploying, and operating fault tolerant, elastic, scalable, and secure services.
- Design and implement event-driven systems with AWS Serverless technologies.
- Collaborate with members of the engineering, product and design teams to deliver enhancements compatible with the existing platform.
- Encourage innovation and foster an environment of continuous improvement.
- Identify areas to improve and scale our architecture and application design.
- Develop robust solutions to manage our data, APIs and other critical back-end features
- 5+ years of experience in software development primarily on the Backend.
- Experience building distributed, highly available, scalable cloud based systems.
- Worked with AWS Lambda, DynamoDB, SQS, SNS, API Gateway and other cloud services.
- Extensive knowledge around API development with HTTP, REST and JSON.
- Understanding of serverless environments.
- Excellent skills with data modeling and data management.
- Experience embedding security controls and processes into the DevOps workflow.
- Experience with Teradata and knowledge of relational database engines.
- Very good communicator within and across teams and to different levels.
- Can explain complex technical concepts to designers, support, and other engineers with ease.
- Experience with a 24/7 production environment.
Community / Marketing Title: Senior Cloud Engineer
Job Category: Engineering
Teradata (NYSE: TDC) is the leading multi-cloud data platform company for enterprise analytics, transforming how businesses work and people live through the power of data.
At Teradata, we are leading the data era. As enterprises address today’s digital economy, they are faced with new competition and consumer expectations and are turning to data to power their future. Teradata has worked with the largest companies in the world for 40+ years, bringing our experience and expertise to support global enterprises with their most demanding, mission-critical, complex, and large-scale data needs. Teradata is recognized as a leader in the cloud, data, and analytics spaces by top analyst firms, Gartner and Forrester, and Fortune Magazine as well.
Our connected multi-cloud data platform for enterprise analytics, Teradata Vantage™, is an extremely scalable, secure, and resilient offering that simplifies ecosystems by connecting data and making it easier to uncover insights from across the organization…regardless of where that data resides. With Vantage, we enable companies to modernize their data management, from start to scale. Every day, millions of users benefit from our open data platform. Empowering customers and partners to develop and build how they like, we enable hundreds of business outcomes and solutions, including improving customer experience and profitability, driving operational efficiency, realizing financial transformation, or achieving operational efficiency.
As the world of data grows, we are the leader in enabling the future of connected businesses, powered by data intelligence. We are committed to delivering on this vision by following sustainable business practices and with a strong focus on diversity, equity, and inclusion. We believe that only by embracing diversity of identity, thought, background, expression, and perspective can we solve today’s challenges and reimagine tomorrow’s world.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Pune, Maharashtra IN