Location: Bangalore, Karnataka IN
Requisition Number: 212131
Role: SAS Admin
Job Location: Mumbai/Pune/Bangalore
The Technical Consultant is responsible for managing and participating in the implementation and the successful administering of SAS applications with a focus on Enterprise BI SAS tools and different SAS components.
KEY RESPONSIBILITY AREAS:
- Provide configuration, maintenance, and support of all applications hosted on the servers (SAS, SAS portal, Web application) SAS Platform Administration.
- Handing the administration on various tool like SAS EG 5.1,SAS OLAP cube studio ,SAS E-miner, SAS info map studio, SAS data integration studio, SAS Web report studio, SAS Bi dashboard and SAS information delivery portal, SAS Visual Analytics with the help of SAS Management console.
- Configure and maintain SAS-EBI servers on Windows/UNIX/AIX/Linux environment
- Installation, configuration and troubleshooting of client for SAS Application.
- Checking SAS Services status and restart of SAS services if and when required.
- Space Management of SAS Server like clearing of logs, data size created by users, etc on Unix/Windows.
- Using SAS Management Console features like User/Server/Schedule/Library Management. Creating Base SAS and Database (Oracle/ODBC/SQL/etc.) library using SMC.
- Checking Metadata performance and take step forward to get the environment up and running at all time best and do changes in configuration files as required.
- Maintaining the Daily, Weekly and Monthly availability of application and backups.
- Knowledge of SAS license renewal, hotfix installation and sas internal id’s password update
- Evaluate performance and recommend / implement measures to improve performance of the SAS environment.
- Communicates technical alternatives to management and recommends appropriate actions.
- Support end users with the best available solution at the earliest.
- Involve in engagement with SAS Tech support team for resolution of error.
- Establish best practices for administering the Enterprise environment.
- Good team player
- Operates with a sense of urgency
- Ability to work flexibly in a rapidly changing, ambiguous and often pressure-filled environment
- High level of personal integrity
- Proven high level of initiative, self-motivation and enthusiasm
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science/Information Technology or equivalent
- 3+ years of SAS Platform Administration on Unix /Windows with recent SAS 9.3, 9.4 or SAS Viya
- Entry level experience with SAS administration, including Compute, web and Metadata server administration
- Must be knowledgeable of best practices using SAS (enterprise guide, stored processes, information maps, and web reports studio).
- Experience with troubleshooting and performance tuning of OS and SAS parameter. Must know how to use the application and support user base
- Experience supporting SAS Office Analytics Suite
- Administration and management of User setup and security
- Monitor servers and all services
- Perform server patches and maintenance
- Perform server backup and Restore
- Provide consultation to clients and team as needed
- Other support as needed.
- Knowledge of Unix command
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills etc.
- Experience and knowledge of Base sas coding is a plus.
- Ideal background would include Banking, Telecom, Finance and Retail Industry knowledge
- Experience with Unix scripting and working on ITIL is a plus
- Have experience in dealing directly with clients, partners and colleagues at all level
Community / Marketing Title: SAS Admin
Job Category: Consulting
Teradata (NYSE: TDC) is the leading multi-cloud data platform company for enterprise analytics, transforming how businesses work and people live through the power of data.
At Teradata, we are leading the data era. As enterprises address today’s digital economy, they are faced with new competition and consumer expectations and are turning to data to power their future. Teradata has worked with the largest companies in the world for 40+ years, bringing our experience and expertise to support global enterprises with their most demanding, mission-critical, complex, and large-scale data needs. Teradata is recognized as a leader in the cloud, data, and analytics spaces by top analyst firms, Gartner and Forrester, and Fortune Magazine as well.
Our connected multi-cloud data platform for enterprise analytics, Teradata Vantage™, is an extremely scalable, secure, and resilient offering that simplifies ecosystems by connecting data and making it easier to uncover insights from across the organization…regardless of where that data resides. With Vantage, we enable companies to modernize their data management, from start to scale. Every day, millions of users benefit from our open data platform. Empowering customers and partners to develop and build how they like, we enable hundreds of business outcomes and solutions, including improving customer experience and profitability, driving operational efficiency, realizing financial transformation, or achieving operational efficiency.
As the world of data grows, we are the leader in enabling the future of connected businesses, powered by data intelligence. We are committed to delivering on this vision by following sustainable business practices and with a strong focus on diversity, equity, and inclusion. We believe that only by embracing diversity of identity, thought, background, expression, and perspective can we solve today’s challenges and reimagine tomorrow’s world.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Bangalore, Karnataka IN