Senior Manager, Physical Risk Management
Location: San Diego, California US
Requisition Number: 212127
Global Physical Security Senior Manager
If you want to be a key part of establishing and growing a large, global Data Analytics organization, then this opportunity may be for you. Teradata Corporation is a leader in delivering high power analytics to companies driving improved results and transformational capabilities. Our security team is at the heart of ensuring we deliver our analytics solutions to our customer’s analytic ecosystem wherever they deploy our technology (on premises, managed cloud or public cloud). We are actively driving toward next generation service capabilities building on our already best in class services organization.
The Global Physical Security Senior Manager will leverage broad knowledge of the physical security controls implemented at Teradata and provide requirements for risk management. This is a global role with responsibility for responding to security needs across the entire Teradata corporation.
The Global Physical Security Senior Manager is responsible for the development, implementation and day-to-day operations of Teradata’s physical and personnel security risk management strategy and associated programs and will serve as the focal point for this function across the organization.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Support and execute the day-to-day operations of Teradata’s physical and personnel security program. This security function includes mechanisms to: identify, assess and mitigate security risks to the organization; support existing incident and crisis management plans and protocols; and support the continuity of business operations.
- Assist in the development, implementation and maintenance of the company’s policies, standards, guidelines, processes, procedures and plans that govern and manage physical and personnel security for Teradata globally.
- Services key security programs to protect Teradata’s critical assets, including: physical, technical and site security; travel security; executive protection; event security; workplace violence prevention and response; investigations; threat analysis; customer audits, and security training and awareness. Specifically:
- Facilities Security. Provides advisory and support services to Teradata sites in implementing policies, standards and systems. Areas covered may include perimeter security, lighting and security signage, CCTV and video management system/analytics, access controls, visitor management systems, intrusion detection alarms and guard force operations. Conduct physical site security assessments and work to implement enhancements to mitigate risk.
- Executive Protection & Event Security. Develop, coordinate and implement security plans that serve to mitigate risk to Teradata executives and employees at numerous events held globally. Ability to conduct both domestic and international travel to support event and executive security operations.
- Physical Access Control Support. Provide expert implementation and maintenance of Teradata’s existing Honeywell ProWatch system and guide the transition to the new Genetec system across the enterprise. Perform problem analysis, configure new and changed access locations. Train new users on the physical access control system. Monitor stock levels and work with internal facilities group to order and track receipt to regional offices.
- Incident Response. Monitor/investigate alarms in ProWatch for US facilities and assist with offshore sites. Investigate and provide employee physical access reports to internal stakeholder via Pro-Watch.
- Workplace Violence Prevention and Response. Oversees the development of employee safety programs that aid in the prevention of threats and violence in the workplace, and support response in the event of an incident.
- Corporate Investigations. Conduct investigations on both internal and external matters including physical security events, threats of violence, theft of corporate property and other criminal matters. Gather intelligence as it relates to any threats directed against the company and its employees.
- Environmental Health & Safety (EH&S)
- Assist Teradata University to create training. Provide training and assist coordinators in each country on Environmental Health and Safety. Provide Primary Point of Contact for EH&S.
- Develop and implement emergency action plans and ensure EHS coordinators are conducting annual drills to test these plans.
- Coordinate with country contact to provide country specific reports & audits.
- Coordinate with Human Resources and provides safety records for all US facilities to OSHA on an annual basis.
- Maintain information regarding policies, facilities & coordinators.
- Maintain situational awareness on world events that may impact Teradata employees and operations. Monitor critical events and provide briefings to executive leadership on these events.
- Emergency Communications System Support
- Provide support and oversight for corporate emergency communications system. Coordinate with country and location contacts in response to emergencies.
- Have extensive knowledge in using the Everbridge suite of software tools to include Visual Command Center and Safety Connection Pro.
- Facility Security Officer
- Coordinate clearance for new TGS employees, assists with completion of forms and monitors the submission process.
- Ensure policies are maintained, security requirements met, and DSS audits are performed at random times.
- Perform incident investigations focusing on employees with clearances as they relate to arrests, bankruptcies, pre and post foreign travel for required reporting to DoD.
- Manage annual self-inspection of all clearance records, facilities inspections & submit attestation for NIST & NISPOM; eFCL – electronic Facility Clearance system.
- Monitor JPAS weekly for correspondence from DSS and for status of any investigations.
Key skills and Competencies
- Strong knowledge of the physical and personnel security industry and associated security best practice.
- Ability to collaborate cross-functionally with other Teradata groups, teams and stakeholders globally to implement security programs and practices in the organization. Willingness to adapt to the company’s organizational culture, pace of operations and requirements.
- Ability and willingness to be on call 24/7 to respond to company-related security emergencies and to travel domestically and internationally as needed.
- At least 10 to 15 years of experience in a private sector corporate security organization or a related public-sector organization (focused on physical and personnel security). Some private sector corporate security experience is highly preferred.
- Top Secret Clearance or the ability to qualify for a Top Secret Clearance
- Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) and professional certifications in an area of study relevant to this position.
- Demonstrated experience and exposure in the domestic and international security arena dealing with and managing security-related issues.
- Crisis management and business continuity experience is preferred.
- Baseline knowledge of cyber security and EHS
- Drafting/enforcing internal security policies
- Experience in IT audit, information security, or compliance
- Experience performing physical security audits, risk assessments, and reviewing and developing key processes and controls
- Ability to effectively work and collaborate with technical and non-technical resources
- Strong organizational skills
CountryEEOText_Description: Teradata invites all identities and backgrounds in the workplace. We work with deliberation and intent to ensure we are cultivating collaboration and inclusivity across our global organization. We are proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, ancestry, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions), national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, military and veteran status, or any other legally protected status. Consistent with Colorado law, Colorado applicants can email the Ask.HR@teradata.com inbox to receive the compensation range information for this role. Please provide proof of Colorado residency in your request.
City: San Diego
Community / Marketing Title: Senior Manager, Physical Risk Management
Job Category: Facilities
Teradata (NYSE: TDC) is the leading multi-cloud data platform company for enterprise analytics, transforming how businesses work and people live through the power of data.
At Teradata, we are leading the data era. As enterprises address today’s digital economy, they are faced with new competition and consumer expectations and are turning to data to power their future. Teradata has worked with the largest companies in the world for 40+ years, bringing our experience and expertise to support global enterprises with their most demanding, mission-critical, complex, and large-scale data needs. Teradata is recognized as a leader in the cloud, data, and analytics spaces by top analyst firms, Gartner and Forrester, and Fortune Magazine as well.
Our connected multi-cloud data platform for enterprise analytics, Teradata Vantage™, is an extremely scalable, secure, and resilient offering that simplifies ecosystems by connecting data and making it easier to uncover insights from across the organization…regardless of where that data resides. With Vantage, we enable companies to modernize their data management, from start to scale. Every day, millions of users benefit from our open data platform. Empowering customers and partners to develop and build how they like, we enable hundreds of business outcomes and solutions, including improving customer experience and profitability, driving operational efficiency, realizing financial transformation, or achieving operational efficiency.
As the world of data grows, we are the leader in enabling the future of connected businesses, powered by data intelligence. We are committed to delivering on this vision by following sustainable business practices and with a strong focus on diversity, equity, and inclusion. We believe that only by embracing diversity of identity, thought, background, expression, and perspective can we solve today’s challenges and reimagine tomorrow’s world.
Location_formattedLocationLong: San Diego, California US