Location: Cairo, Al Qahirah EG
Requisition Number: 212123
To produce quality analysis identifying opportunities for performance improvement and efficiencies. Support the development of strategic business and workforce planning.
Main duties and responsibilities:
Support the implementation of the client’s BI Strategy and Roadmap and delivery of key outcomes including:
- Centralised source of truth
- Automated and self-service reporting
- Data hungry culture
- Establishment of a BI center of excellence
Develop and provide quality reporting and analysis to help shape and monitor execution of the client’s business strategy, including:
- Develop and provide quality performance reporting and analysis for client accounts that supports account management and delivers an excellent customer experience.
- Effectively use statistical tools, data modelling, visualisations and narrative to identify and present / ‘story-tell’ meaningful trends to different audiences. Account for variances, highlight exceptions, risks and opportunities, and make recommendations to inform strategic and operational decision making.
- Develop, document and ensure adherence to corporate reporting standards and processes. Ensure outputs are presented professionally in a timely, accurate and efficient manner.
- Ensure data is handled ethically and all processes are undertaken in compliance with company policy, internal controls, data protection legislation and relevant national / industry standards.
- Develop BI / analytical capability within the Strategy & Governance team and wider business through training and knowledge-transfer. Support the development of an insight-driven, data literate corporate culture.
- Work closely with IT colleagues to design, stand-up and manage the client’s BI environment and data pipelines.
- Identify opportunities through which to deliver process efficiency / improvement and develop business proposals through which to communicate and deliver the change.
- This role may be required to be part of a project team including external resource.
- Build and maintain strong collaborative relationships with senior internal stakeholders, subject matter experts and external clients.
Degree in Computer Science, Mathematics/Statistics, Computer Engineering or related fields is preferred
- Substantial experience of using Power BI for enterprise reporting
- Experience of performance management and analysis including the design and development of performance management systems to support achievement of organisational goals
- Experience of working with large and varied datasets including financial, commercial, customer, operational and workforce data
- Experience of using statistical and analytical tools
- Experience of successfully managing change
- Experience of working with senior stakeholders and clients
Skills & Abilities
- Ability to consider challenges in the context of organisation goals
- Sourcing, accessing and manipulating data and engineering data processes
- Excellent numerical and analytical skills, including the use of both statistical tools and technology for analysis
- Data visualisation and storytelling
- Ability to identify trends, account for variances and highlight exceptions, risks and opportunities
- Ability to produce reports and analysis in a suitable and concise language to the highest of standards with attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Ability to prioritise own work and others to meet multiple deadlines
- Ability to think ahead, anticipate and pre-empt changing requirements
- Excellent organisational skills
- Creative about solutions and the ability to deliver improvements
- Ability to think ‘outside the box’
- Excellent communication skills in all formats (oral, written, presentation etc.)
- Ability to establish effective working relationships with stakeholders at all levels and across multiple professional disciplines
- Excellent working knowledge of Power BI, SQL, DAX & ETL Tools
- Knowledge of best practice performance management, statistical and analytical tools
- Knowledge of information governance, data protection, freedom of information, transparency and confidentiality issues and relevant national / industry data standards
- Understanding of the design and management of BI environments in Azure
- Experience with at least 1 front end BI tool (Either Tableau, Cognos, OBIEE, or Business Objects). This includes knowledge of Architecture, Installation, Configuration and Development tools. Extensive knowledge with design and development experience on scripting languages like Shell/Perl.
Teradata is an equal opportunity employer in all aspects of our business. We are excited by the unique qualities, abilities, and perspectives each person brings, and candidates are considered on all the fundamentals they may bring to the role and the team.
State: Al Qahirah
Community / Marketing Title: BI Consultant
Job Category: Consulting
Teradata (NYSE: TDC) is the leading multi-cloud data platform company for enterprise analytics, transforming how businesses work and people live through the power of data.
At Teradata, we are leading the data era. As enterprises address today’s digital economy, they are faced with new competition and consumer expectations and are turning to data to power their future. Teradata has worked with the largest companies in the world for 40+ years, bringing our experience and expertise to support global enterprises with their most demanding, mission-critical, complex, and large-scale data needs. Teradata is recognized as a leader in the cloud, data, and analytics spaces by top analyst firms, Gartner and Forrester, and Fortune Magazine as well.
Our connected multi-cloud data platform for enterprise analytics, Teradata Vantage™, is an extremely scalable, secure, and resilient offering that simplifies ecosystems by connecting data and making it easier to uncover insights from across the organization…regardless of where that data resides. With Vantage, we enable companies to modernize their data management, from start to scale. Every day, millions of users benefit from our open data platform. Empowering customers and partners to develop and build how they like, we enable hundreds of business outcomes and solutions, including improving customer experience and profitability, driving operational efficiency, realizing financial transformation, or achieving operational efficiency.
As the world of data grows, we are the leader in enabling the future of connected businesses, powered by data intelligence. We are committed to delivering on this vision by following sustainable business practices and with a strong focus on diversity, equity, and inclusion. We believe that only by embracing diversity of identity, thought, background, expression, and perspective can we solve today’s challenges and reimagine tomorrow’s world.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Cairo, Al Qahirah EG