Location: Canberra ACT, Australia
Requisition Number: 212121
Teradata Operations DBA
Location: Canberra, Australia
The DBA requires specific technical knowledge about the administration and control of the data warehouse environment, including the database, operating systems and associated tools.
Delivery responsibility includes administration, maintenance and control of database optimization, capacity, security, configuration, scheduling, errors, and execution of maintenance utilities.
Implementing security best practices and analyzing the partner compatibility.
- Manage and support 24x7 Teradata Vantage environments (Cloud/On-Prem) for multiple customers
- Devise and implement security, operations best practices.
- Implementing development, production environment for data warehousing cloud/on-prem environment
- Backup, Archive and Recovery planning and execution of the cloud/on-prem data warehouses
- Throughput monitoring, load balancing, improving the overall system health by optimizing the key database or cloud resources
- Proactively monitor ticket queue and assignment of tasks to shift members
- Ensuring SLA are met during that shift- Acknowledgement & Update SLAs
- Incident/task prioritization during the shift
- Ensure all scheduled changes are implemented within the prescribed window
- First level of escalation for team members
- First level of help/support for team members
- Proactively highlight any incidents about to miss the SLA. Constantly monitor SLA Dashboard
- Ensure even distribution of workload within shift members
- Handling S1 incidents during shift
- Computer Sciences/Engineering Graduate or higher
Mandatory Skills / Attributes
- Australian Citizen preferably with Baseline Security Clearance Level or better
- Minimum 3-5 years of IT experience
- Minimum 2-3 years of Database Administration hands on-experience
- Should have basic leadership qualities
- Must be willing to provide 24x7 on-call support on a rotational basis with the team
- ITIL or other relevant certifications are desirable
- Service Now / ITSM tool day-to-day operations
- Teradata Vantage/DBMS administration experience
- Hands-on experience with database architecture/modeling, RDBMS.
- Should have good understanding of data archive/restore policies.
- Working experience in Linux administration, Shell Scripting.
- Working experience on any of the RDBMS like Oracle//DB2/Netezza/Teradata/SQL Server,MySQL.
Excellent oral and written English communication skills.
Good team player.
Good presentation skills.
Teradata is firmly committed to diversity and equal opportunity in all aspects of our business. We value the unique qualities, abilities and perspectives each person brings, and candidates are considered solely on their skills, experience and alignment with the responsibilities of the role.
State: Australian Capital Territory
Community / Marketing Title: Operations DBA
Job Category: IT
Teradata is the connected multi-cloud data platform for enterprise analytics company. Our enterprise analytics solve business challenges from start to scale. Only Teradata gives you the flexibility to handle the massive and mixed data workloads of the future, today.
The Teradata Vantage architecture is cloud native, delivered as-a-service, and built on an open ecosystem. These design features make Vantage the ideal platform to optimize price performance in a multi-cloud environment.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Canberra, Australian Capital Territory AU