Location: Canberra, Australian Capital Territory AU
Requisition Number: 212121
Teradata Operations DBA
Location: Canberra, Australia
The DBA requires specific technical knowledge about the administration and control of the data warehouse environment, including the database, operating systems and associated tools.
Delivery responsibility includes administration, maintenance and control of database optimization, capacity, security, configuration, scheduling, errors, and execution of maintenance utilities.
Implementing security best practices and analyzing the partner compatibility.
- Manage and support 24x7 Teradata Vantage environments (Cloud/On-Prem) for multiple customers
- Devise and implement security, operations best practices.
- Implementing development, production environment for data warehousing cloud/on-prem environment
- Backup, Archive and Recovery planning and execution of the cloud/on-prem data warehouses
- Throughput monitoring, load balancing, improving the overall system health by optimizing the key database or cloud resources
- Proactively monitor ticket queue and assignment of tasks to shift members
- Ensuring SLA are met during that shift- Acknowledgement & Update SLAs
- Incident/task prioritization during the shift
- Ensure all scheduled changes are implemented within the prescribed window
- First level of escalation for team members
- First level of help/support for team members
- Proactively highlight any incidents about to miss the SLA. Constantly monitor SLA Dashboard
- Ensure even distribution of workload within shift members
- Handling S1 incidents during shift
- Computer Sciences/Engineering Graduate or higher
Mandatory Skills / Attributes
- Australian Citizen preferably with Baseline Security Clearance Level or better
- Minimum 3-5 years of IT experience
- Minimum 2-3 years of Database Administration hands on-experience
- Should have basic leadership qualities
- Must be willing to provide 24x7 on-call support on a rotational basis with the team
- ITIL or other relevant certifications are desirable
- Service Now / ITSM tool day-to-day operations
- Teradata Vantage/DBMS administration experience
- Hands-on experience with database architecture/modeling, RDBMS.
- Should have good understanding of data archive/restore policies.
- Working experience in Linux administration, Shell Scripting.
- Working experience on any of the RDBMS like Oracle//DB2/Netezza/Teradata/SQL Server,MySQL.
Excellent oral and written English communication skills.
Good team player.
Good presentation skills.
Teradata is firmly committed to diversity and equal opportunity in all aspects of our business. We value the unique qualities, abilities and perspectives each person brings, and candidates are considered solely on their skills, experience and alignment with the responsibilities of the role.
State: Australian Capital Territory
Community / Marketing Title: Operations DBA
Job Category: IT
Teradata (NYSE: TDC) is the leading multi-cloud data platform company for enterprise analytics, transforming how businesses work and people live through the power of data.
At Teradata, we are leading the data era. As enterprises address today’s digital economy, they are faced with new competition and consumer expectations and are turning to data to power their future. Teradata has worked with the largest companies in the world for 40+ years, bringing our experience and expertise to support global enterprises with their most demanding, mission-critical, complex, and large-scale data needs. Teradata is recognized as a leader in the cloud, data, and analytics spaces by top analyst firms, Gartner and Forrester, and Fortune Magazine as well.
Our connected multi-cloud data platform for enterprise analytics, Teradata Vantage™, is an extremely scalable, secure, and resilient offering that simplifies ecosystems by connecting data and making it easier to uncover insights from across the organization…regardless of where that data resides. With Vantage, we enable companies to modernize their data management, from start to scale. Every day, millions of users benefit from our open data platform. Empowering customers and partners to develop and build how they like, we enable hundreds of business outcomes and solutions, including improving customer experience and profitability, driving operational efficiency, realizing financial transformation, or achieving operational efficiency.
As the world of data grows, we are the leader in enabling the future of connected businesses, powered by data intelligence. We are committed to delivering on this vision by following sustainable business practices and with a strong focus on diversity, equity, and inclusion. We believe that only by embracing diversity of identity, thought, background, expression, and perspective can we solve today’s challenges and reimagine tomorrow’s world.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Canberra, Australian Capital Territory AU