Director, Business Systems, Tools and Technologies
Location: San Diego, California US
Requisition Number: 212112
Director, Business Systems, Tools and Technologies – Go-To-Market (GTM) Operations
Location: San Diego, CA, Virtual in the US
Full-time individual contributor
The Director of Business Systems, Tools and Technologies is a visionary leader with a keen ability to anticipate the needs of our functional teams and translate them into a strategic systems roadmap. In this role you will be responsible for optimizing the efficiency, effectiveness, and user experience for all major systems and tools supporting our go-to-market processes. Key processes supported range from account planning to opportunity management to forecasting, spanning the entire GTM organization, inclusive of Sales, Consulting, and Alliances/Partners.
This is a cross-functional leadership role in which you will be working closely with senior business executives to align on process design and the field experience, while collaborating with the IT organization to ensure effective technology integration, development, and deployment. The role is accountable for the operations of all GTM technologies, including but not limited to Teradata’s CRM and CPQ solutions.
- Own and evolve the global sales technology stack, driving thought leadership around a clear roadmap of potential improvements and innovations
- Manage the Agile development of continued enhancements to Salesforce.com and other technology platforms, while guiding us towards best practice process & architectural decisions
- Drive adoption, usability, and business value of process & tool improvements through effective change management, communications, and enablement planning
- Assume accountability for the end-to-end field experience with key GTM processes, while ensuring we have strong plans and KPIs in place to drive operational excellence
- Frame and break down complex business problems into key components, design analysis to drive insights and answers to critical questions, and recommend practical solutions to get results
- Manage executive stakeholder needs and expectations by effectively facilitating trade-off decisions & clearly communicating program status relative to development resources
- Promote collaborative decision-making, providing a sense of urgency across the program team while evaluating risks and making critical program decisions.
- Proactively identify and maximize synergies and efficiencies across business systems
- Inspire and lead the Business Systems, Tools and Technologies team including mentoring, coaching, evaluation and professional development
- Bachelors degree required, MBA/Masters preferred
- Analytical background with 5-10+ years of strategic program planning experience within a Sales, Sales Operations, Business Operations, or top-tier Management Consulting environment
- Deep experience and understanding of Enterprise go-to-market processes and the com platform
- Ability to express complex concepts effectively and through multiple mediums, tailoring message to audience
- Creativity and ability to solve short-term needs while designing for the longer-term is critical for the role
- Passion for developing organizational capabilities at scale
- 3+ years of people management experience
What we offer you!
- We offer comprehensive benefit programs, unlimited time-off, 401k matching, and an employee stock purchase program.
- The opportunity to work with brilliant people in an environment of significant transformation where everyone has the freedom to drive change and make an impact.
- Be a part of the world's leading company in a space that will define our future!
CountryEEOText_Description: Teradata invites all identities and backgrounds in the workplace. We work with deliberation and intent to ensure we are cultivating collaboration and inclusivity across our global organization. We are proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, ancestry, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions), national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, military and veteran status, or any other legally protected status. Consistent with Colorado law, Colorado applicants can email the Ask.HR@teradata.com inbox to receive the compensation range information for this role. Please provide proof of Colorado residency in your request.
City: San Diego
Community / Marketing Title: Director, Business Systems, Tools and Technologies
Job Category: Sales
Teradata (NYSE: TDC) is the leading multi-cloud data platform company for enterprise analytics, transforming how businesses work and people live through the power of data.
At Teradata, we are leading the data era. As enterprises address today’s digital economy, they are faced with new competition and consumer expectations and are turning to data to power their future. Teradata has worked with the largest companies in the world for 40+ years, bringing our experience and expertise to support global enterprises with their most demanding, mission-critical, complex, and large-scale data needs. Teradata is recognized as a leader in the cloud, data, and analytics spaces by top analyst firms, Gartner and Forrester, and Fortune Magazine as well.
Our connected multi-cloud data platform for enterprise analytics, Teradata Vantage™, is an extremely scalable, secure, and resilient offering that simplifies ecosystems by connecting data and making it easier to uncover insights from across the organization…regardless of where that data resides. With Vantage, we enable companies to modernize their data management, from start to scale. Every day, millions of users benefit from our open data platform. Empowering customers and partners to develop and build how they like, we enable hundreds of business outcomes and solutions, including improving customer experience and profitability, driving operational efficiency, realizing financial transformation, or achieving operational efficiency.
As the world of data grows, we are the leader in enabling the future of connected businesses, powered by data intelligence. We are committed to delivering on this vision by following sustainable business practices and with a strong focus on diversity, equity, and inclusion. We believe that only by embracing diversity of identity, thought, background, expression, and perspective can we solve today’s challenges and reimagine tomorrow’s world.
Location_formattedLocationLong: San Diego, California US